What's new

The Official NBA Discussion

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't usually watch this stuff, but I did tune in for the 3-pointer competition, (loved how the crowd cheered ray and booed pp. :biglaugh: ) but I hung on for the dunkin', and was thoroughly glad I did! As good as that stuff gets! All 4 kicked ass, and blake and was deserving, but it seemed almost pre-ordained.

caturday

I thought the 3 ball dunk took more skill. But there was no way the crowd wasn't going to vote 4 blake w all the stage antics, to add to the good dunks.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
This slam dunk contest was so dumb. Dude jumps from the free throw line and gets a 45 or something like that? And the guy from the Wizards should have won. His dunks took far more skill than Blakes...

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yah, that score was a head-scratcher, but going on just what the guys were throwing down, immensely entertaining! :D

NateDizz

And the deal has been done. 'Melo is now a Knickerbocker. The Knicks play the Bucks tomorrow in NYC and that would be a good showcase for Carmello but I don't know if he'll be in a position to play that soon. Their next game after that is Cleveland in Cleveland. I'm just crossing my fingers he's in a uni by Sunday when the Knicks go to Miami.

Green lung

Veteran
Here my thought on the deal.

I thought the knicks should have waited the nuggets out and picked up melo in free angency.

They gave up an awful lot for a half of season which is basicly what they got melo for, He was going there no matter what this summer.

They could have rode the season out with the current roster and still made the playoffs.

There thinking could be money that they couldn't keep all the players and melo or they making a run for a big time free agent point guard and wanted to empty out the payroll.

I thought the nuggets were asking alot since they wernt in a good situation anyways they had no chance in signing melo, the knicks should have offered as little as they wanted and the nuggets would have token whatever they could get.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
I'm just crossing my fingers he's in a uni by Sunday when the Knicks go to Miami.

Tis going to be a good game. The East is finally lookin more stacked than the West now.
Here my thought on the deal.

I thought the knicks should have waited the nuggets out and picked up melo in free angency.
Well Green Lung they got Billups too which I think is important. His leadership and the way he plays the point is going to help this team a lot. He just fits this team very, very well in my opinion.

NateDizz

Deron Williams to the Nets.

Wow, this deal went down quick! I never knew there was even any talks about such a trade. One more day before the deadline - what are the chances we see any more significant trades? I heard something about a swap between Washington and Atlanta (Bibby for Hinrich) but I don't know how likely it is to happen or not. I'm hoping Boston pulls the trigger for a back up to Paul Pierce. Anthony Parker or Josh Howard would be decent replacements for Marquis Daniels who I'm assuming is out indefinitely.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Well it just means that the Boston well have some better tune up games before they bet the Spur's in the NBA Finals.

NateDizz

The Jazz have lost Boozer, Sloan, and Williams over the course of less than a season. Who saw that coming?? It's hard to be too optomistic about a Devin Harris / Al Jefferson combo making up for all of they've lost since last season.

NateDizz

Troy Murphy.

Anyone know what the deal is with this guy and why he's not been playing pretty much all season? As far as I know he's not injured.. The dude has just been eating up a crucial C spot on my fantasy team all season and I don't know if I should finally write him off for the rest of the year or hold out because he can be a stud for the last few weeks.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Troy Murphy.

Anyone know what the deal is with this guy and why he's not been playing pretty much all season? As far as I know he's not injured.. The dude has just been eating up a crucial C spot on my fantasy team all season and I don't know if I should finally write him off for the rest of the year or hold out because he can be a stud for the last few weeks.

Wow man NBA fantasy takes some serious dedication with different lineups everday. Especially for a stoner. Props my man :tiphat:.

NateDizz

Hahah no doubt man. It's a fun game though. I was hoping to start a league with people on this site but I was a little late getting around to it. The good thing with Yahoo! leagues is that if you know you can't fiddle with it everyday you can set your lineups for multiple days ahead of time. It obviously does help though the more frequently you can get on there to work around sudden injuries and slumps and stuff like that. It really only takes about a minute of time everyday so I do my best to get on there as frequently as possible.

I moved into first place last week after slowly creeping up to the top for about the past ten weeks or so. I'm tied for first but I have the tie breaker because I've won more categories and with only four weeks left I'm really hoping to clinch the top spot for our four week / 8 man playoffs. Wish me luck! :rasta:

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
WTF is Boston doing.

They cried that if they had Perkins they would of won the title last year. Then they trade him this year? We will see how this pans out.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Craziest deadline trading ever!!! :yoinks:

Bulls looking good tonight! :woohoo: Nice doubleheader, have to stay up for the C's just to hear the trade talk.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
derek rose for MVP

Man I'm supposed to be the one who updates this thread with Bulls news :biglaugh:.

Big game tonight for the bulls though. I honestly think they're the best in the league right now.

They even looked sloppy tonight and still come out on top over the Heat.

Latest posts

Latest posts