What's new

The Official NBA Discussion

T

theJointedOne

tell tyreke evans to go back to doing drive by's with his cousin...no joke its true

warriors all day nobody can stop ellis!

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Exactly, so how do you consider a sophomore Tyreke, raw but talented player, a superstar?

Put Bynum on the Wizards and hes not going to be a gamechanger. He fits well with the Lakers because the already have Kobe and Pau along with their supporting cast. Having a huge big man like Bynum tips the balance in their favor when you compare them to a contender like Boston.

As for the others, theyre all-stars, i wouldnt call any of them superstars. That doesnt mean they dont have potential, just that as of now theyre mostly one dimensional players with talented. Also keep in mind the rule changes, no doubt today it is a guard oriented league, thats why you have players like Rose, Cp3, D-will, etc who dominate.

Ill admit the superstar is an subjective term. But how can you say that those players will dominate, but they are not superstars?

Ask any athlete " Hey would you rather dominate, or be labeled a superstar?"

Whats your answer?

To be honest you would have to dominate to be a superstar. Right?

Im not even gonna discuss the Lakers players with your. Because if you dont like the lakers you hate them. Why. Because they are the best, world champs.
And most laker haters act like that was they girl kobe was laid up with in Colorado.

A conversation with a typical laker hater.
Gasol is to soft
Kobe is a shelfish ball hog
Phil can't coach he just has good teams
But what what they wont say is. WE WIN RINGSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

warriors all day nobody can stop ellis!

Aint that the truth.

But he's not a superstar, he's just dominate.
Aint that right Lockehead.

jagdog3

I really do think if D.Rose,Mello,Durant,Rondo,B.Griffin,D.williams,C.paul ect. played 25+ years ago would be labled Superstars now.

Too bad Dirk isn't playing tonight against the Spurs, now I'm going to have to hear the excuses as to why my Spurs kick their ass tonight!

jagdog3

Oldest excuse there is,explain how it was fixed?Was it fixed last year when celtics went down?Is it gonna be fixed this year when they lose?That would be there only chance to win championship if its fixed in thier favor.

Green lung

Veteran
Oldest excuse there is,explain how it was fixed?Was it fixed last year when celtics went down?Is it gonna be fixed this year when they lose?That would be there only chance to win championship if its fixed in thier favor.

The games are fixed through fouls. I have suspected it for a few years now but after what Tim Donaghy admitted to and watching that game 7 last year sealed the deal for me, I even called it before game 7 and it came true.

What made it so obvious in game 7 was because Kobe wasn't hitting his normal shots so the refs had to call a huge amount of fouls against Boston so L.A could win.

I just want to make it clear I have no favorite NBA team I could care less who wins as long as they deserve it.

Watch the playoffs this year and guaruntee you will notice the refs calling fouls and influnceing the outcome to make series go 6 or 7 games.

again I'm am no Boston fan

jagdog3

I agree 100% that the officiating usually stinks,and does affect outcomes of alot of games.But purposely calling fouls in game 7? I've never heard any celtic player or coach mention that as a reason for losing game 7 or any other playoff game.

OsWiZzLe

So I guess when the Lakers with Kobe Shaq Gary Payton got owned by the Pistons in the Finals it was the Refs and Not Karl Malone going down right? Malone that year....destroyed MVP Kevin Garnett....Owned Time Duncan and took care of Yao Ming....gets hurt b4 the finals....Kobe missed every shot and Shaq never touched the Ball....it was the Pistons that whooped the Lakers ass that year..it was all the REFs Fault lol lol Give me a break...you guys dont give up do you....

what are you going to say when Kobe gets ring 6 ? Not only will he have as many rings as MJ but he'll even have made more apperances in the Finals then MJ?

When I say best shooter....you guys are all forgetting how Kobe can drain with hands all up in his face....I have never seen anyone drain shots like him with the Kind of Defense he attracts.... Dont hate everyone .....#24 is to basketball as Lemon is to Lime :)

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
LOL at Laker fan totally over his head.

LOL at the Laker haters.

I said the same thing when they didnt win all the time.

Good thing that dont happend much.

Falcon fans will say that about the game tonight.

Ravens fans will say that about the Steelers

Green lung

Veteran
LOL at the Laker haters.

I said the same thing when they didnt win all the time.

Good thing that dont happend much.

Falcon fans will say that about the game tonight.

Ravens fans will say that about the Steelers

I have no team, I'm just an objective observer.:tiphat:

lol I know its hard for you to understand that.

Green lung

Veteran
On June 10, 2008, Donaghy's attorney filed a court document alleging, among other things, that Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings was fixed by two referees. The letter states that Donaghy "learned from Referee A that Referees A and F wanted to extend the series to seven games. Tim knew Referees A and F to be 'company men', always acting in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series."[39] The Lakers won Game 6, attempting 18 more free throws than the Kings in the fourth quarter, and went on to win the 2002 NBA Finals. The teams were not named, but the Western Conference Finals was the only seven-game series that year.[40] The document claimed that Donaghy told federal agents that to increase television ratings and ticket sales, "top executives of the NBA sought to manipulate games using referees".[39] It also said that NBA officials would tell referees to not call technical fouls on certain players, and states that a referee was privately reprimanded by the league for ejecting a star player in the first quarter of a January 2000 game

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
The series between the Kings and the Lakers in 2002 was obviously fixed. Just look up 2002 Western Confrence finals on youtube.

But other than that I really don't think any other series has been fixed.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
I would be devastated to know that an NBA game was fixed, but not surprised. I do like how the ref's aren't taking shit off the player's this year it's about time.
TEE the whiners up