What's new

The Official NBA Discussion

HorseMouth

The Heat have no defensive answer for the best point guards. Rondo, D. Rose, Westbrook, LA's, Orlando's (Too stoned to remember names.).

Watch a few Heat games for real (just the D) and see how they break down after the 3rd pass.

Yup

Peace

jagdog3

U boston fans are living in a dream world.Why do u think they are alock in the east?because they signed a washed up shaq?J.oneal at one time was a good player,but he should have retired a couple years ago.The celtics have a very very very slim chance to get by Miami or orlando,not to mention the hawks and bulls...The celtics weren't good en ough last year and the additions of shaq,j.oneal and d.west will make no difference.Those washed up guys are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
U boston fans are living in a dream world.Why do u think they are alock in the east?because they signed a washed up shaq?J.oneal at one time was a good player,but he should have retired a couple years ago.The celtics have a very very very slim chance to get by Miami or orlando,not to mention the hawks and bulls...The celtics weren't good en ough last year and the additions of shaq,j.oneal and d.west will make no difference.Those washed up guys are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

You Silly Goose :moon:

NateDizz

I take it you havn't been / don't follow the NBA at all...?

Even someone who hates the Celtics wouldn't say what you just said and actually believe it. Your post is complete nonsense - try actually following the sport before you make bold statements like that.

jagdog3

I'm not saying the celtics don't have a chance,but u tell me where they have really upgraded thier team from last year.Can't say because of shaq.Where do u think he'll be in close games?On the bench,or at least u better hope he is unless u want him shooting free throws.U have to be joking if u think J.oneal is gonna make a difference.The Heat and Magic have made thier teams sooo much better than last year.Then u have teams like Atlanta,knicks,and the Bulls.U can say i don't know what i'm talking about all u want,but lets just see who's right come playoff time.

People always say the spurs will dethrone the lakers in the west,but it never happens.

besides on their way to 4 championships in the last 10 yrs. :moon::comfort:

ill admit that the lakers are good, but this is not their year.

Spurs or Celts will win the 'ship this year. :wave:

OsWiZzLe

besides on their way to 4 championships in the last 10 yrs. :moon::comfort:

ill admit that the lakers are good, but this is not their year.

Spurs or Celts will win the 'ship this year. :wave:

3 and a 1/2 Championships.....No one counts the fake Season Duncans Rookie year for shit....

All roads go through the Best Player in NBA history along with the BEST COACH IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS

Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson....5 Rings for Kobe makes him own all of your teams until proven otherwise....

Jordan 6 rings Kobe 5 Rings... LeBron Zero ...All Current Celtics 1 wow ...1 whole championship !!! OMG Best team in NBA History lol

7 games Playoffs....Lakers always own everyone...History says so

jagdog3

Might not be the lakers year,If someone beats them it probably will be the spurs.In the east i think the heat or magic will make finals.

lockehead

3 and a 1/2 Championships.....No one counts the fake Season Duncans Rookie year for shit....

All roads go through the Best Player in NBA history along with the BEST COACH IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS

Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson....5 Rings for Kobe makes him own all of your teams until proven otherwise....

Jordan 6 rings Kobe 5 Rings... LeBron Zero ...All Current Celtics 1 wow ...1 whole championship !!! OMG Best team in NBA History lol

7 games Playoffs....Lakers always own everyone...History says so

Kobe the best? No way. At the least Jordan was everything Kobe is except stronger, faster, bigger, more decisive and confident.

OsWiZzLe

Kobe is the best shooter to ever play basketball.....Jordan never had range like Kobe...

Jordan had Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman in their Primes....Man I love Gasol but he's no Scottie or Rodman...just shows you how insane Kobe really is :)

Without Shaq, Derek Fisher, and Robert Horry Kobe's ball hogging ass wouldn't have sht for rings.

But nice try on putting Kobe on a golden stool.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Without Shaq, Derek Fisher, and Robert Horry Kobe's ball hogging ass wouldn't have sht for rings.

But nice try on putting Kobe on a golden stool.

I like what you just said. I hope Shaq beat's the lakers in game 4 at LA at the foul line sinking the finale shot :tiphat:

OsWiZzLe

You guys dont remember kobes game where he put up 80+ points...ha ha ha ha Shaq is the man no doubt...without him Kobe wouldnt be where he is...but give me a break....Half of Kobe's career hes been in the Finals...who else can say that ?

i guess you just dont get the concept of a team game, yeah Kobe is good if you want to step onto the And1 mixtape tour and play.

i would never want kobe or anyone with kobe's attitude on any team of mine.

please continue to ride kobe's jock, this is pretty funny.

edit: not even phil jackson wants anything to do with kobe, he's just stuck with him.

NateDizz

It's crazy how huge of a divide there is about Kobe, not just here on this site but in general. It's like people either love him and think he's one of the greatest of all time or they hate him and think all the hype and popularity is overblown. The fact is, love him or hate him - he IS one of the best players off all time and he ISN'T better than Jordan. It seems like no one can look at this guy rationally.

Just on this page alone I've got to say Kobe is definitely not the best shooter of all time, not even close. And he's not better than Jordan was either. For their respective careers, Kobe has shot a .454 FG% and a .339% 3PT% whereas MJ has shot .497 FG% and a .327% 3PT%. Kobe's 3's are slightly better but his FG% is dramatically less than Michael's and since most of a players points come from FG's as opposed to 3's it's easy to see that Jordan was a better shooter - and many more people in history were better than both of them. This is simple statistics - why do people have to spout off things without any sort of validation?

And on the flipside, how can anyone say they would never want Kobe on any team of theirs? That's ludicrous. He's a proven winner and he has a drive and the ability to play at his highest level in the most pressure situations historically. And you don't want him on your team? Come on now. The man is a legend, arguabley the greatest Laker of all time and that really means something.

People need to put their personal biases aside when it comes to sports and recognize players for what they are when it comes to performing in their respective sports rather than make uninformed and rediculous claims or posts based on anything but an athlete's play.

I can totally understand not liking a particular player (There's many I don't like too, but I'll never deny someone props where it's due) but to downplay one's legitimate credentials and accomplishments because you're not a fan is sad, as is the opposite in over-rating someone because you are a fan. Why can't people but biases aside and just have intelligent discussions?

OsWiZzLe

If you dont live in Cali and havent watched Kobe play most of his career those 3pt FG% numbers mean nothing....Kobe was pulling up like a 6-10 feet behind the 3 point arch and draining all day....when he went on his mutliple 60+ point games he was pulling up from distances no one has ever drained with consistency.... Jordan never had range like Kobe...so yes this translates into best shooter ever...no one can drain from his range ..

Lets not even get into the fact Jordan had zero competition when he won...lets be honest...Lakers with Magic were done with their Run....Pistons were over their Run....Bulls went nutts against teams like the Jazz in the finals! Give me a break....todays competiton shits hard on that early 90's era....

And on the flipside, how can anyone say they would never want Kobe on any team of theirs? That's ludicrous. He's a proven winner and he has a drive and the ability to play at his highest level in the most pressure situations historically. And you don't want him on your team? Come on now. The man is a legend, arguabley the greatest Laker of all time and that really means something.

Because even his own, guaranteed hall of fame, coach has said he is uncoachable. the cat is talented and i gave him that, but its a team sport and kobe has a hard time understanding that. Phil came out and said it this year. so if it offends you that i dont want some ball-hogging 1 vs 1 player on my team, thats too bad.

and this is a discussion thread so im not sure why you are so offended to hear peoples opinions....

burn one bro:tiphat:

NateDizz

If you dont live in Cali and havent watched Kobe play most of his career those 3pt FG% numbers mean nothing....Kobe was pulling up like a 6-10 feet behind the 3 point arch and draining all day....when he went on his mutliple 60+ point games he was pulling up from distances no one has ever drained with consistency.... Jordan never had range like Kobe...so yes this translates into best shooter ever...no one can drain from his range ..

Lets not even get into the fact Jordan had zero competition when he won...lets be honest...Lakers with Magic were done with their Run....Pistons were over their Run....Bulls went nutts against teams like the Jazz in the finals! Give me a break....todays competiton shits hard on that early 90's era....

So because someone makes crazy shots with accuracy and consistancy for a very brief part of their career but in the entire scope of their career their accuracy really isn't that impressive - it makes them the best shooter of all time? You make no sense man. Seriously. There's so many guys that have shot severely better than him. You want to say he's better than Ray Ray or Reggie? And I've been watching the guy for years too - you guys in L.A. arn't the only people who have watched this guy over the years you know. I can't tell you how many tired days I've spent at work over the years because I just had to stay up late to catch the Lakers game. And Jordan not having competition / the competition today being better than it was in Jordan's era. I won't even say a word about that - but I will say that you've lost whatever credibility you had left with that one.

I'm not a Kobe hater, in fact he's one of my favourite individual players ever, but I try to see the guy as well as anyone else for what they are - nothing more nothing less. I've already said he's one of the greats and arguably the greatest Laker ever - I give the guy tons of respect and always will - but I won't go as far as to say he's the best shooter because he quite clearly isn't. You're just such a big fan that you want to blow him up in every regard.

NateDizz

Because even his own, guaranteed hall of fame, coach has said he is uncoachable. the cat is talented and i gave him that, but its a team sport and kobe has a hard time understanding that. Phil came out and said it this year. so if it offends you that i dont want some ball-hogging 1 vs 1 player on my team, thats too bad.

and this is a discussion thread so im not sure why you are so offended to hear peoples opinions....

burn one bro:tiphat:

I'm not offended by anyone's opinion at all!! haha. Everyone's entitled to one and I respect that. I'm not even slightly worked up - this is a internet forum man! I was just simply stating that it can be frustrating sometimes to not be able to just have intelligent discussion from time to time.

Peace man - gettin' my roll on now!