What's new

The Official MMA Discussion

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Id say Penn wins in round 3 by submission or TKO. BJ is really evolved into a total fighter with his new cardio. Short of them bringing over Aoki I dont think anyone can really challenge him. I dont really think Aoki would be that big a challenge for BJ, but probably the biggest test I can come up with for him. Aoki really broke that guys arm recently got more respect for aoki after that.

Personally I dont think Edgar can grind BJ maybe a few years ago but in his last 2 fights hes really showed cardio improvement. Edgar imo has to grind and wear down BJ to have a chance. I dont blame the UFC for putting together this fight because Frankie is the top contender atm. The only way I can see Frankie winning though is the ole 'fighters chance'.

NateDizz

It's not often when two guys who are both top five in the world fight on the same card and for that reason alone I think this card is tremendous. I do think that both fighters' opponents are being severely overlooked though. They should definitely be heavy favourites but I don't think either guy has a guaranteed win. Maia and Edgar are both very real tests for anyone in their respective divisions. I'm not sure what to expect but I wouldn't be surprised if Maia finds a submission or Edgar manages to outwork Penn and win a decision. I think Hughes is pretty much a lock to smash Renzo for 15 minutes though.

I'm also pretty curious about the whole outdoor situation. Things could get interesting.. It'll probably be a cool look.

Anyone catching it today at 1pm?

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
its on at 6pm uk time, which makes a nice change from 3am. Quite a good card I think. Although Maia v Anderson is a shitty matchup.

dbuzz

Veteran
it doesn't air until 10pmET in the states, so that's when the stream will be posted. (probably)

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah Anderson needs an ego check. I was a fan of his up until today. It was strange watching the PPV in the middle of the day. The whole card was a let down IMO.

HookaHittaH

WTF was that silva fight? If you can even call it a fight... Maybe he doesn't want to do the whole fight thing anymore. Either way that was a fuckin rip off...

Locoporro

renzo-hughes
Penn-edgar
silva-maia

Ufc 112 was really disapointing .... even if there were only excellent fighters...

Feels bad man :moon:

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
I think that he does this... if you look at his fights with ground guys in the past that have no stand up offense you will see this isnt that unusual. He did this atleast twice before I think he gets upset that they put these type of guys against him. I think he felt like the guy wasnt worthy of the fight (wich is quite possible). I think that people often forget the recent events like the Demian Maia loss in the first round to Marquardt. Basically I think Maia was afraid to take any risk until the last round.

I was shocked that Silva never finished the fight as it seemed it would have been easily accomplished as he landed his strikes with ease. Seemed like he may have tired but he fended off a takedown in the 5th that suggested he wasnt. It was one of the oddest fights I have ever seen. I think there is some behind the scenes drama going on beyond what anderson said... If anderson really was that offended I think he would have really continued to punish Maia. Wonder if them both being from Brazil has anything to do with it.

The biggest problem I had was the running around maia... maybe he was trying to make a point 'i can run circles around this guy'.

Latest posts

Latest posts