What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Welcome to ICMAG Seafrost! What strains do you run?

@Giant-those ladies look great! Keep it up!

palmero

Tributes to the Original HEMPY

Tributes to the Original HEMPY

HEMPY is da MAN:thank you:

HEMPY Buckets rock.
Indoor /half indoor/ outdoor/ cloning (with wick).
No PH/EC trouble if you follow the instructions!!
Use them since many years.
The fotos show 100% perlite HEMPYS in "cold" climate.
You Have to adjust the mixture to your climate.
Worked on this in "hot" climate 2 years, it all
depends on RH/Temprature/evaporation.
Now growing in Perlite 60% small Lava rocks (yellow) 25%
and Coco 15%.

Anybody saved the original thread of Hempy?

KISS

wickedpete66

I run coco and perlite at 70/30 in 1 and 2 gallon hempy buckets. nutes are gh micro/bloom 6/12 at 5.9-5.9 ph. at around day 36 I then switch to 3/12 micro/bloom and add 5ml of cal- magic.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats
love it !!!!

There are so much about perlite that i am still learning, i've been experimenting with perlite and i've found its one of the best medium out there.

next system im running a 100 % perlite drip system, the growth rate should be amazing!

:D
cheers,

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ yes mistress, i've seen it and it sparked me an idea, i'll be setting up the perlite drip system soon. im experimenting with 1 right now and the growth rate is amazing
:D
cheers,

thizzness

Guys, I have some problems. When I originally tried growing in a hempy bucket, I used some bagseed and was amazed at how quickly the seedlings exploded in size. But then I tried doing the same thing with some more expensive strains, only to have the exact opposite happen. WTF? Every plant starts out promising, but inevitably ends up stunted with its leaves drooping and/or curling downwards. I've been told that this is a sign of overwatering or using too large of a container, so I've tried watering less often and have used all sorts of bucket sizes, only to have the same result. Has anyone else had this problem and overcome it? Its starting to really discourage me from growing when my plants barely make it past a couple inches tall.

Edit: Also forgot to note that I've tried straight perlite as well as perlite mixed with vermiculite. and rockwool cubes as well as jiffy pucks...

Guys, I have some problems. When I originally tried growing in a hempy bucket, I used some bagseed and was amazed at how quickly the seedlings exploded in size. But then I tried doing the same thing with some more expensive strains, only to have the exact opposite happen. WTF? Every plant starts out promising, but inevitably ends up stunted with its leaves drooping and/or curling downwards. I've been told that this is a sign of overwatering or using too large of a container, so I've tried watering less often and have used all sorts of bucket sizes, only to have the same result. Has anyone else had this problem and overcome it? Its starting to really discourage me from growing when my plants barely make it past a couple inches tall.

Edit: Also forgot to note that I've tried straight perlite as well as perlite mixed with vermiculite. and rockwool cubes as well as jiffy pucks...

how far from the bottom / how big is the hole at the bottom?

thizzness

I use containers that are only about 6" tall max, with the holes drilled 1.5-2" from the bottom. Not sure exactly how big they are but I'd guess around 1/4" dia.

Thanks for the quick response. :)

Slimm

thizzness,

I don't know enough about your situation to make a recommendation - I will just go over a few basics and hopefully that will help.

I advise that you start plants in smaller containers rather than the final hempy bucket. I use plastic beer cups and put a small hole an inch from the bottom. You will need to water this seedling with something very light - I use RO water, a mild amount of Clonex and some Hydrogen Peroxide. Water 3 - 4 times a day. After a week or two (or when the root reach the bottom of the cup) the plants will have developed enough of a root system they can be moved into the final containers. Once again, they will need to be watered frequently until their roots have developed - you will know when this has happened because their growth will suddenly accelerate.

Feed them half strength nutrients until 10 inches tall. Make sure you manage your PH or you will have problems. You should be shooting for 5.5 - 6.0.

thizzness

I advise that you start plants in smaller containers rather than the final hempy bucket. I use plastic beer cups and put a small hole an inch from the bottom.
Thanks for the advice, but this is what confuses me. Currently I have a plant that I started in a 16 oz gatorade bottle. It started off great, but after the second set of leaves came in, it suddenly started drooping and stalled growth completely. I have only been watering with tap water, pH adjusted to around 6.2.

Fuck, I think my only option is to keep planting seeds and adjusting the variables. I'm planning on planting a seed in straight perlite without a jiffy puck to see how it does. Those things retain a lot of moisture and could be the problem...

Slimm

Thanks for the advice, but this is what confuses me. Currently I have a plant that I started in a 16 oz gatorade bottle. It started off great, but after the second set of leaves came in, it suddenly started drooping and stalled growth completely...

Maybe it's hungry.

thizzness

Thats also a possibility. The cotyledons have already died off, but I was hoping it would get a bit bigger before using nutes. I've already killed a few baby plants by feeding nutes too early.

thizzness

Fuck it, I think you're onto something Slimm. I'll start feeding with a very light nute solution and see how that goes. And if the plant dies, at least it died for a cause (FOR SCIENCE!)

Latest posts

Latest posts