What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

Seedlin

mattkilla we runnin neck and neck. Here's my ladies at 6 weeks. Took a couple of buds for a taste today. Just put 6 Kodiak Gold seeds in the shot glass today. Gunna start my 1st real run with real seeds...

[url=

bagada

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0166-1.jpg

IMG_0167-1.jpg

IMG_0168-1.jpg

jus'plain'gill

fwiw-a buddy of mine told me the other day that back when he grew hydroponically, he would mix his dry nutrients in a 5g bucket with a paint mixer attachment for a drill. I've yet to try it but it seems like it'll mix much quicker than manual shaking.

This works very well! I've been using my cordless drill and a grout/cement mixer, it's longer and sturdier than a paint mixer (which is a little small for my 5 gal mixing bucket). My drill serves double duty some days, after watering I use my drill and a pump attachment to remove the excess runoff from the tubs my hempy buckets sit in. The drill comes in very handy.

.JPG

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Great looking plants everyone!
@gill: that's great to hear! Thanks for the tip....and using the drill pump tool is excellent too! I will be doing this asap. Thank you!

JHerbz

Just started 2 OG's in some hempys i made.

just a small grow, testing out the box.
1'4 x 1'4 x 3'11

Ill get some pics when the lights turn on at 6.

Gonna make this box a SOG after this grow, just getting everything dialed in.

Fatty McDoobs

My first grow is still going but my G13 Labs Auto AK is done now.

Vegged under 4-23watt 5500k, 2-42watt 6500k & 1-68watt 2700k CFL bulbs.
Flowerd under 4-68watt 2700k, 4-23watt 2700k & 2-42watt 6500k CFL bulbs.

Medium:
75% Mother Earth's Chunky Perlite #4 to 25% B'cuzz Coco coir

Nutrients:
Using the 2 part G.H. Flora Series Lucas Formula slightly modified. Low lights lucas calls for 5ml/Micro to 10ml/Bloom. I start off at 1.25ml of Micro doubling the bloom and I. Slowly work my way up. The highest I go is 3.5ml/Micro to 7ml/Bloom. This is because I use other products as well.
In veg at full strength I was using 3.5ml/Micro to 7ml/Bloom then I would add 0.5ml Cal-Mag & 1.25ml os Humboldt County's Own Snow Storm Ultra. Flowering the base stayed the same and I still used the snow storm ultra as well up until buds start to form then I throw in 1.25ml of HumboldtCounty's Own Crystal Burst into the mix and then I up the Cal-Mag to 1ml (ml's are per gallon). Then starting week four I start using Humboldt County's Own Gravity (this you use by itself NO NUTES mixed in) at 0.5ml per gallon then next feeding day just PH'd water, next feeding after that use nutes again and start over. Nutes, Gravity, Water. And I feed/water every other day.

Wet weight was 155.6 grams off 1 plant & 34.4 grams dry. Smells like lemons and taste like a lemon cheese. High is very heady almost trippy at first then mellows out to a nice thoughtful buzz.

Attachments

• IMG_20120614_113915.jpg
    IMG_20120614_113915.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 2012-06-13 02.00.55-1.jpg
    2012-06-13 02.00.55-1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 2012-06-16 22.07.33-1.jpg
    2012-06-16 22.07.33-1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 2012-06-16 22.34.47-1.jpg
    2012-06-16 22.34.47-1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 2012-06-20 15.03.57-2.jpg
    2012-06-20 15.03.57-2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 6

Fatty McDoobs

I now have a Reserva Privada Purple Wreck (week 8 of veg) & a Dinafem White Widow (week 7 of veg) that are about to go into flower any day now.

The White Widow get the same Nutrients as my Auto AK did but instead of the 2 part flora Series I did the 1 part FloraNova. Instead of 8mlper gallon of the floranova bloom I use 4ml and the sam H.C.O. Additives.

The Purple Wreck is getting B'cuzz Coco nutirients A & B part for veg at 3.5ml per gallon each. As a seedling it only got B'cuzz Root Stimulator. Now in veg with the A & B part she gets 1.25ml of their Growth Stimulator added to the nutes. In flower shell get the same of the A & B but then ill add 3.5ml of their P K 13/14 to make it a Bloom formula then the Bloom Stimulator at 1.25ml per gallon. Both are doing very well! And have been topped LST'd & super cropped. I plan on lolly popping a bit as well.

The Purple Wreck has skinnier leafs and the White Widow has the fatter ones.

Attachments

• 2012-06-21 22.36.58.jpg
    2012-06-21 22.36.58.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 2012-06-21 22.39.31.jpg
    2012-06-21 22.39.31.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 9

gandalf34

Trying to avoid sounding like the biggest noob but when people refer to the res what is that refer to in the hempy bucket system? Is that simply when the root reaches the drain hole?

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Calmag

Calmag

Hey guy's!!,
I haven't been to the thread in a while, but everything looks great! It makes me wish I had more room than my 4 x 4 tent lol. My first Hempy that I did with a Chemdog worked great!, my second with some sort of Northern Light cross sucked(but it was in a queer bucket that leaked and I had to put it in another bucket of the like), and my third with Blueberry Kush is going great-but my fourth a BLZ Bud which is in a 1gallon bucket that seems to have a calmag problem. After the roots hit the rez I think I may have waited too long to feed in between feedings. I have added calmag to the nutrient solution and probs have been feeding her that every other day, or every couple of days for a week. I was wondering if I should feed her everyday? I think I read somewhere that the smaller the bucket the more you have to feed her. Thanks again! :thank you:

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I use 1 gallon containers and only have to feed every other day.. it could be strain dependent though, or maybe you have big plants, lower res?.. just feed accordingly. I did a 12/12 from seed run in solo cups, and I did have to feed every day

Seedlin

I have 3 gal buckets, My ladies are 4-5 ft tall and they drink 1 gal each every other day. They've been flowering for 8 weeks now. Next feeding will be MOAB. Bought the sample kit. Spoke to Helene about the product and was impressed with her knowledge and the service. Gunna give it a try. Pics after a few days... :smokeit:

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I should add that my cab is pretty small, my plants need to finish at 15 - 16 inches tall

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I yam gonna feed her everyday I think. She is only about a little over a foot tall, but she is a bush! That is good though because I have to take clones, I definitely don't want to lose her! I probs won't run this strain ina Hempy anymore though. Thanks again boys and girls!

I yam gonna feed her everyday I think. She is only about a little over a foot tall, but she is a bush! That is good though because I have to take clones, I definitely don't want to lose her! I probs won't run this strain ina Hempy anymore though. Thanks again boys and girls!
Im in 2.5 gal and in late 8 week of flower and they are drinking everyday. My temps are also getting to 84-85 and on cooler days the rez is still a quarter full so i think temps have alot to do with it. What are ur high/low temps like?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
My ac went bad yesterday with temps in the 100s....I'm hoping things will be alright, I can't make the repairs needed until monday:-(