What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

Seedlin

Thanks Matt. I'm using 3 gal Hempy's with a 1000k light. Grow room is 4x8x7. The plan is to run about 18-20 ladies in there...

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Fwiw, I think 18 to 20 3g containers for 1kw is too much....but that's just my take on it. We feed every time with only a tsp per gallon with no issue.

Yuno.Who

if this is your first grow with hempys then you need to READ the thread, there is way more info contained in this thread than just how often to water.

if reading a thread is too much trouble for ya then growing probably will be too.

SOG

Ah...Words of wisdom.
This is very true, this thread may look intimidating, but it is packed with nothing but grade A info. If you read this thread front to back, you should have not 1 question about hempy. I was told once before that growing would be a steep learning curve. If you put the time into learning, guaranteed it will pay off in the end. Good luck on your journey my friend i wish nothing bud sticky green hempy style for your near future.

SOG...High man, how are you?

oneshot

Ah...Words of wisdom.
This is very true, this thread may look intimidating, but it is packed with nothing but grade A info. If you read this thread front to back, you should have not 1 question about hempy. I was told once before that growing would be a steep learning curve. If you put the time into learning, guaranteed it will pay off in the end. Good luck on your journey my friend i wish nothing bud sticky green hempy style for your near future.

SOG...High man, how are you?

This. I took my time to read this thread over a couple days before getting started. My plants are simply amazing because of this thread. Take the time and read and do things right the first time and stop trying to shortcut :)

RetroGrow

Veteran
Ok guys my ladies are much better after a week of nothing but tap water. I was feeding them 2 times a day with my nutes and nearly fried em. I*id lose 3. Tonight I fed them Maxigrow and after reading the package my question is should I use the Maxigrow every time I feed on just maybe twice a week? Don't think they have hit the resv yet so I'll give em a shot of water tomorrow if they look like they need it and then some maybe Sunday. So I gues my question is do I feed nutes every feeding or every other or every 3rd??? Don't wanna hurt any more ladies. This is my trial run in Hempy's. Put 36 more beans in peat pods tonite, gunna start my outdoor garden with about 20 or so. The rest will be part of my indoor 101 experiment. Ordering some good beans shortly but wanna kinda get the hang of this before I invest...

Capt Ahab your ladies are beautiful. I wanna be like you and dansbuds when I grow up...:tiphat:

Personally, I feed every time, but keep the PPMs down in the 700-800 range. It usually amounts to a couple of 16 ounce cups, but this injects fresh oxygen into the mix and the plants love it. It also depends on the size of your buckets. Some folks feed every other day, or every third day with large pots (5 gallon or more).

Seedlin

I have another 600 watt to hang in my tent and will buy another 1000w 9before flowering. This is all bag seed. I'm making a biig order on 4/20 from Attitude. They have one hell of a special going with a lot of freebies so why not. This is basically a test run. I've been an outside grower and thnis is my virgin run. Figured I'd try withbag seed to see what happens.....Live and learn.,,

a great grow method

a great grow method

heres a shot of my bunch of hempys(minus the black soil pot) at about 30 dayys Veg. The 3 smaller ones are about a week behind. This method so far has proven outstanding. As a first timer i am growing some awesome plants. Now if time is something you dont have, it doesnt seem this is the method for you. I got nothing but time to put plenty of TLC into these beautiful plants. These Hempy Buckets kick ass!!
IMG_20120412_210925.jpg

St3ve

So I have a question. What is the difference between drilling a 1.5-2" hole for a res and just sitting a regular pot in a 2" drip tray?

someotherguy

Veteran
So I have a question. What is the difference between drilling a 1.5-2" hole for a res and just sitting a regular pot in a 2" drip tray?

why not do a side by side and see what happens? ...people can tell you that there is a difference but you won't really believe it until you prove it to yourself, especially as it is such a simple test to do. ...and it may be trite but there really is no better way to learn a thing than by doing that thing.

peace, SOG

btw, you don't drill a 1.5 - 2 inch hole, ...you drill a hole, ...1.5 - 2 inchs up, ...when working with plastic i usually make my holes with a soldering iron rather than a drill, especially a round bucket as it can be a bit slippery with a drill bit, ...so the holes i melt with my soldering iron usually end up about a 1/4 inch in diameter.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Week 5 on the 6 biesels , 4 more to go :) really need to do some defoliating in there .

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01112.jpg

someotherguy

Veteran
high guys, here's a shot of some new starts.

someotherguy-albums-misc-un-sorted-picture8873-dsci0033.jpg

...i'm back in play.

4x El Nino x Kali Mist
4x Rocket Chunk 2 (HFH)
4x Bluemoonshine x DC/Dp (HFH)
3x Critically Smashed x Pimp Dawg (organix)
2x White Diesel x Pimp Dawg (organix)
2x freebie from '07 (either SSH or Mazar I Sharif) (i see that these aren't in the pictures yet)

SOG

Yuno.Who

here's a couple folgers hempys as examples of how to position the hole

View Image

View Image

View Image

Hey SOG....on pic #2, what's going on there? do you let them stretch after a few nodes so you can have that bottom section to reveg? If that is the case, that's a pretty cool technique.

New sprouts look good, wish you the best with them. Sounds like some killer strains going in...That kali mist, i've heard it was a huge yielder. Should be interesting to see how it does in hempy.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Awwwww.sog's got some lil' babies.....go get it dog. Best wishes with the new sprouts. They all sound great.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Guys this may be the wrong thread but I can't find where or how to post a pic here. Is there a FAQ or any help?

Click on "post reply" (not quick reply), then you will see ICMAG Gallery & Forum Albums. Click on one of those and then upload photos to it. Photos can't be over 150K, so reduce them with some reduction program (Google it). Then you can drag photos or "Insert" them. If you click on one of your photos, it will display the BBS code. Copy and paste that into your post, and the photo will show up there.
Like this:

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts