What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
@dansbuds- I'm not trying to be the poster boy for Jack's, but this stuff keeps nice and balanced when it sits for a couple of days. When I used maxibloom or the gh 3 part I always had to adjust my ph on leftover nutrients. With Jack's I don't.

That's interesting... I've been using GH products (Flora, FNova,MB) for ten years now.... haven't noticed what you're talking about. Rock solid pH when it's just sitting there at room temp.

I mix up and let it sit for up to (and once in a while 'over') a week... no pH issues. Sounds like you're not letting the MB completely dissolve before setting the pH... I've had it change on me when I've done that
I'm having the same problem but it doesn't seem to matter what nutes i'm using , it all goes back to 6.8 after a few hours . so i'm convinced its my water & as soon as my RO machine gets here I should be fine ...... hopefully

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i know the general "rule" is to only pH what you put in, but the smart gardener checks the runoff every once in a while too.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
@Lowman-I run the 5-12-26 with the calcium nitrate as the additive in veg and am experimenting with it in bloom, but have not done enough to really tell. So far, the plants that are in bloom are getting 2tsp/gal, whereas in veg they only get one. Currently I use the maxibloom in bloom because I had so much of it left over, and it works great.
@hydro-soil: you're probably right about the MB not dissolving all the way...I can never seem to get it all the way gone, using room temp water. Heating it would be too much of a hassle at the moment. I wonder if the ladies would get even better if it was totally dissolved. As far as the dissolving goes....it's another reason why I like the Jacks so much better. It dissolves easily and quickly at room temperature.

oneshot

@hydro-soil: you're probably right about the MB not dissolving all the way...I can never seem to get it all the way gone, using room temp water. Heating it would be too much of a hassle at the moment. I wonder if the ladies would get even better if it was totally dissolved. As far as the dissolving goes....it's another reason why I like the Jacks so much better. It dissolves easily and quickly at room temperature.

When I switch to MB I am thinking of getting a 3 gallon bucket with an airstone to mix the nutes with. Think that would help with dissolving?

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Yeah I do....Last year we ran some tomatoes indoors and were feeding GH's floramato (1 part) and dissolved it in a 5gal water jug; this worked well, but for some reason it discolored the jug to almost an opaque shade above the water line. We didn't see any deficiencies with the plants which were being fed this, so it certainly stands to reason that an airstone would help dissolved things really well. Thanks!!!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
@hydro-soil: you're probably right about the MB not dissolving all the way...I can never seem to get it all the way gone, using room temp water. Heating it would be too much of a hassle at the moment. I wonder if the ladies would get even better if it was totally dissolved.

Just mix up the MB with a good stir and let it sit for an hour... it'll be completely clear unless you're using water that's too cold... or too much MB/gallon. :D Warmer than room temp will not help and can cause additional problems... stick with room temp :D

I've found that the plants watered with MB in the bottom were noticably missing at least some calcium.

Edit: Oneshot, yes an airstone will work. Once mixed up though I would turn off the pump... unless you have a super clean system and water you may end up with biologicals growing in the areated environment and that will affect pH and your plants. Tap water is bad for that in many areas... another reason I've used R/O water for 10 years. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Last edited:

Seedlin

Man I fried my babies again! Ph meter went on the blink. Shouda figured. I just flushed em with tap water tonite and will again until I get another meter and my maxibloon Sat. They look like they are dring up with a bunch of yellow spots on the leaves but its only a few not all? Any Advice?

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
@hydro-soil: thanks so much for the tip....I will try it tomorrow!
@seedling: are you sure you should be feeding right now? How old are the seedlings?

Seedlin

several weeks. I did the same thing to em a few weeks back thinkin I wasn';t feedin enough. Transplanted to Hempy's and they did good. Had ph problems with my last three feeds (ph meter fukked up) and I fried 6 ladies....Getting Masxigrow and bloom tomorrow and a new meter. I've flushed my hempys with alot of tap water to remove the old nute. Ever tilted the bucket s to the side last nite to empty most of the resiviors. It's my first run and it's bag seed so I'm usin this grow as a learnin curve before I invest in some good beans. All ready have more coming up to replace the sick 6. Looking for tyhe thread with the leaves showing all the deficencies and what not. How do you search on this site?

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Update. 36 days.

Group shot.
picture.php

Bubblicious buds

Bubblicious x SweetestCindy99
This one is a resin monster.Smells of apples,menthol,citrus candy. Awesome. Im trying to supercrop a couple of branches to keep her.

Vermont Rosebud .
Looks like this one will be the first out of the group to finish.

Another BBLXSWC99 .
This one is different. Heavier yield than the other but less trich production and a different smell that more resembles the sweet candy odor of the Bubblicious. Lime green pistils.

emerica

hey guys im doing my first hempy grow
and was wondering if i should water daily until the roots
hit the res
or should i water every other day?

someotherguy

Veteran
hit the res
if this is your first grow with hempys then you need to READ the thread, there is way more info contained in this thread than just how often to water.

if reading a thread is too much trouble for ya then growing probably will be too.

SOG

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
This question was answered just a few pages back. Someotherguy's advice to read the thread is good but I will admit it is sometimes difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff in a thread as long as this.
Anyhow. For the first week or so water the plant, not the container.If the plant looks thirsty-water it. If not - don't. You will be able to tell when the roots hit the res. Usually takes a week-10 days depending on the container and the plant.

hit the res

Seedlin

Ok guys my ladies are much better after a week of nothing but tap water. I was feeding them 2 times a day with my nutes and nearly fried em. I*id lose 3. Tonight I fed them Maxigrow and after reading the package my question is should I use the Maxigrow every time I feed on just maybe twice a week? Don't think they have hit the resv yet so I'll give em a shot of water tomorrow if they look like they need it and then some maybe Sunday. So I gues my question is do I feed nutes every feeding or every other or every 3rd??? Don't wanna hurt any more ladies. This is my trial run in Hempy's. Put 36 more beans in peat pods tonite, gunna start my outdoor garden with about 20 or so. The rest will be part of my indoor 101 experiment. Ordering some good beans shortly but wanna kinda get the hang of this before I invest...

Capt Ahab your ladies are beautiful. I wanna be like you and dansbuds when I grow up...:tiphat:

Ok guys my ladies are much better after a week of nothing but tap water. I was feeding them 2 times a day with my nutes and nearly fried em. I*id lose 3. Tonight I fed them Maxigrow and after reading the package my question is should I use the Maxigrow every time I feed on just maybe twice a week? Don't think they have hit the resv yet so I'll give em a shot of water tomorrow if they look like they need it and then some maybe Sunday. So I gues my question is do I feed nutes every feeding or every other or every 3rd??? Don't wanna hurt any more ladies. This is my trial run in Hempy's. Put 36 more beans in peat pods tonite, gunna start my outdoor garden with about 20 or so. The rest will be part of my indoor 101 experiment. Ordering some good beans shortly but wanna kinda get the hang of this before I invest...

Capt Ahab your ladies are beautiful. I wanna be like you and dansbuds when I grow up...:tiphat:
hey dude, im just gonna tell ya bout my go here. Im using technaflora nutes and Im on a feed feed water cycle. IDK if its same for u should tell u somewhere on the maxigrow package. Important thing i think, Is to not water too much when they are small and the roots havnt hit the rez. The more u water the longer it will take. A good thing i was told about giving plants nutes is you dont start giving nutes till the two cotyledon (first two) leaves die off. I would say water every other day, But what do i know im doing my first hemps too. What size containers you using?