What's new

The Official 2012 Beer Cup Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guest121295

Nice one, looking robust as well!I had to do something with the plants I couldn't fit so I pulled this old trick...plant torture.The plants outside the container are males.I couldn't toss them, I have 5 females in beercups only though...
picture.php

V

vonforne

Chaco do the roots pass beyond the bottom of those cups that are in the 3 gallon container of dirt?

Lookin good BTW.

V

L

LouDog420

Sounds like he still has 5 in just cups, but those 4 he couldn't fit, so he tossed them in the variety dish

But I could very well be stoned and mistaken. I think chaco just loves us here so much, he can't help but share his pics!! ;)

G

guest121295

Yeah these were headed for the compost pile.The roots will come out of the cups and fill the whole container.I did a Mango/Widow grow like this 2 yrs ago, it was insane.My Beercup plants are still in cups, roots pruned.:)This group had dried up one night when the RH went low and I left my a/c off, some of the leaves have that dried out damage when they drooped over from drying out... Oh and yes I do love coming over here! Lights on, I'm out!

Dave Coulier

Veteran
My update is a little late guys, but here are the 3 plants Ive chosen to stay in their 32oz containers. I put them into 12/12 last
night.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

guest121295

Wow, this place is cranking out some plants, nice to see indeed.Here's a couple of my legit entries, cups only...These are circled around a 430W sodium barebulb...
picture.php

DP Mazar. Bondage for the 4 top scenario is complete. Looking pretty indica at this point. Grew one of these out many years ago, it was strong and a decent yielder, but something about the high was so harsh I just never grew it out again.

Buddle

Veteran
great contest y'all. So is finished bud weight the deciding factor in who wins? Are entrants allowed to set up a passive watering system? i.e. wick. Theres no way I'd be available to water multiple times a day but I do have a really good candidate.

V

vonforne

great contest y'all. So is finished bud weight the deciding factor in who wins? Are entrants allowed to set up a passive watering system? i.e. wick. Theres no way I'd be available to water multiple times a day but I do have a really good candidate.

Plz read the first page it has all the guidelines listed there.

Good Luck

A

apep

Whats up everyone. Day 28 update. Put into flower on 6/25, runnning a vert setup, with a 600w hps. Two have shown sex, and they are male, the other two have not shown anything yet.

The males

picture.php

The other two, Fingers crossed on these.

picture.php

John Deere

Veteran
Here's my entry into the slowest growth ever competition. It's crazy. I've never had anything grow this s l o w. I've bumped up their feed amount and frequency to see if that'll get them going.

delic

Stick with it John there's plenty of time for growing. Although I think it's time for me to flip. It's gonna be a squeeze to get in my flowering space, small as they are my space is packed.
I'm also going to have to start bottom feeding real soon. Watering twice a day isn't enough and I really don't want to get up before 6am daily for a third.

So here's the pick, still showing some yellowing. Other than that all is ticking along nicely.

picture.php

-delic

Dave Coulier

Veteran
JD, what type of medium are you using? Perhaps the media is the problem. It looks like Axis Regular, or perhaps Turface? I use Axis Regular at 10% incorporation rates. If you are running 100% that probably is your problem.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
A month into it w/ 1 week of 400w Mh.

An overhead.

You can see some yellowing. I dusted em w/ seabird guano 13-12-2 and they greened-up nicely for 3 days. Just before this shot, I fed them FF week 4 nutes. If they dont look better tomorrow, Ill hit em w/ the guano again.

Yet another bad shot, but this 1, the shortest has started making future clones for me.

Im thinking 1 more week under the Mh (so more clones grow) before the flip. Ive got other plants in here that could use some more vegging. And another 12 in cups that need up-potting. Theyve been in those cups for too long! Ya- look where I am :biggrin:!

So -what?- another 3 weeks and Ill know if Ive got any girls.

I think 3 would be nice.

Ill be happy if I can finish these after 3 1/2 months in a cup.

Looking forward to all y'alls updates. cheers

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Here is my Sunday update, I started using bottom feeding trays on them last night because even watering 3 times a day I was not keeping up and I needed to do something before they went into flower anyway. I topped them both today and discovered the Blue Satellite 2.2 had started preflowering and is a female so at least one of them is a girl for sure.

The plants
picture.php

Clones
picture.php

G

greenmatter

this thread is a great way to run out of rep on a sunday! looking good!!!!!!

Endur

Veteran
Here is my weekly update....Day 25 from germinating.
BeerCupChallengeJuly012012020.jpg

Hashberry (Plant #1)
BeerCupChallengeJuly012012011.jpg

BeerCupChallengeJuly012012012.jpg

Hashberry (plant #2)
BeerCupChallengeJuly012012017.jpg

BeerCupChallengeJuly012012018.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts