What's new

The Not So Solventless Clear Concentrate From Harborside!

cyphaman

I'm very curious to find out what the guys in my area are using as well. They make 80% and it tasted like a hint of dlimonene and other terps. Same consistency as honey.

I know they are not very wealthy, nor do they seem to have any special resources or ins compared to a normal joe.

So frustrating. I could care less about getting rich off of it. It would just be an accomplishment to achieve such refined meds. I would love to be able to make it for myself, friends and family without having to go broke. Which is what would happen if I were to buy it by the gram because it's so overpriced.

Guess I'll have to step out of the way, let the greedy get rich. And then have my fun with it when this refinement technique is old news.

youre aware that many many folks are having Xtracted make it for them? wouldnt this be how those random folks end up with it?

grow nerd

Veteran
Mostly but not quite yet, still waiting on one more piece of equipment to confirm. Right now I'm about $20k deep in from the beginning of the project, and realizing I could have done it for much less knowing what I know now... That's science, of course. And no part of it is cheap!

cyphaman

Optimisation and characterisation ofmarihuana extracts obtained by supercriticalfluid extraction and focused ultrasoundextraction and retention time locking GC-MSThe optimisation of focused ultrasound extraction and supercritical fluid extraction ofvolatile oils and cannabinoids from marihuana has been accomplished by experimentaldesign approach. On the one hand, the focused ultrasound extraction method of volatilecompounds and cannabinoids was studied based on the optimisation of cyclohexane and iso-propanol solvent mixtures, and the instrumental variables. The optimal working conditionswere finally fixed at isopropanol/cyclohexane 1:1 mixture, cycles (3 s−1), amplitude (80%)and sonication time (5 min). On the other hand, the supercritical fluid extraction methodwas optimised in order to obtain a deterpenation of the plant and a subsequent cannabinoidextraction. For this purpose, pressure, temperature, flow and co-solvent percentage wereoptimised and the optimal working conditions were set at 100 bar, 35ЊC, 1 mL/min, noco-solvent for the terpenes and 20% of ethanol for the cannabinoids. Based on the retentiontime locking GC-MS analysis of the supercritical fluid extracts the classification of the sam-ples according to the type of plant, the growing area and season was attained. Finally, threemonoterpenes and three cannabinoids were quantified in the ranges of 0.006–6.2 ␮g/g and0.96–324 mg/g, respectively.

Chonkski

Great job brother! Excited for you.

I found out the guys on my block invested the tens of thousands as well.

It's looking like I'm not going to get to it till next year. Hopefully I can get my rotovap this month though!

Grow4Flow

Great job brother! Excited for you.

I found out the guys on my block invested the tens of thousands as well.

It's looking like I'm not going to get to it till next year. Hopefully I can get my rotovap this month though!

What exactly are you looking to get?

grow nerd

Veteran
I got into it thinking I had it all figured out, figuring it will cost $2k, maybe $3k max. Somehow I inched my way to $20k. Mostly because I don't have an "off" or "quit" button.

Never give up -- fight to the death!

grow nerd

Veteran
Like I said, science ain't cheap:

An earlier batch (not so good):

So busy, no time to clean.

Thought I found a piece of shatter, turned out to be a dried up chow fun noodle.

I was bummed, but the dog wasn't.

Grow4Flow

I got into it thinking I had it all figured out, figuring it will cost $2k, maybe $3k max. Somehow I inched my way to $20k. Mostly because I don't have an "off" or "quit" button.

Never give up -- fight to the death!

No shit dude! i bought an Ironfist extractor, than put 60% down on my Apeks CO2 system, and was about to drop more funds on that damn NEOS GR (Glad i didn't) as i have my eyes on a distillation system now.

grow nerd

Veteran
Bwahahahahahahahaha, c'mon i know you didn't realize it was a noodle without first loading it up, lol

C'mon, now. I'm not that inexperienced. I knew way before that. I knew when my dab tool wouldn't pick it up correctly. After about 15 seconds of fumbling with it.

See shatter in the lower right corner in the square yellow acrylic container for comparison.

picture.php

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Bwahahahahahahahaha, c'mon i know you didn't realize it was a noodle without first loading it up, lol

C'mon, now. I'm not that inexperienced. I knew way before that. I knew when my dab tool wouldn't pick it up correctly. After about 15 seconds of fumbling with it.

See shatter in the lower right corner in the square yellow acrylic container for comparison.

View Image

About a month ago, I went to take a big dab and take a nap...

Long story short, I dabbed a dried piece of garlic!!!!!!!!

It looked like the Trainwreck nugrun I just made....

It was THE MOST DISGUSTING thing ive ever tasted....

Makes me gag thinking about it...

grow nerd

Veteran
A buddy cut the callus from his big toe and left it on his desk (gross) in his man-cave. His son came in later pestering him for a dab, so he gives him the dried and shriveled callus.

"It's not melting!", "It's not giving much smoke!", "It tastes funny!"

Hilarity ensues.

~~~

When I was making wax, a lot of my patties looked like an edible. I handed it to someone to show, and he immediately took a bite out of it (!) and kept chewing it and didn't even say anything (!!!); when I exploded with "WTF?!" a few seconds later, he said "I didn't want to say anything because I thought it tasted really bad but didn't want to hurt your feelings and tell you that your cookie tasted horrible". (!!!!!)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Yeah, I have no idea what I picked up and tried to dab outside on the patio, but it tasted like hammered crap.

Grow4Flow

That's probably almost as nasty as "The Clear"

mister c

Throwed thread...it tickled my brain.

Other than the "tape measure" complex half of the posters are exhibiting. The reason why half these dudes act like they know the secret and TRY to tease the rest of us is just a red flag for a hella low self esteem. So dont worry about these guys. It just makes these humps feels better is all, exactly like a child flaunting an ice cream cone to the other to induce jealousy. Literally on some kid shit. I have yet to see 1 pic of anything even close to the clear from any of you self proclaimed "holders of the secret". The real minds are busy actually thinking, not teasing.

But to those who have contributed their knowledge and progressive ideas...thank you! G.O Joe in particular, you have been very helpful and informative on many ideas. If I may ask...what was/is your profession? You dont have to answer, just curious how you got your game?

Grow nerd is right...tetra labs has been pumping out Pure Gold for over 5 yrs...at least. Owned a collective in Sac circa 2010 and we carried it. And literally nobody wanted to dish out 40 for a half gm. Imo the shit didnt even get me lit..the purer thc extracts seem to need a full terp profile and cannibinoids to get me right. It was more like a mild sativa racy buzz with no body effect. However the snip tip capsule sure beats the sloppy jar the clear comes in now. Tetra says they use 5% d-limonene in their pure gold and claims it even increases the effects of the oil by doing so.

I have heard of people blasting with certain strains of pine needles in their tubes to get the terp pinene. That old school dank taste we all love.

On a finishing note...and I wish I could help out more....but would a CENTRIFUGE help out with separating the terpenes. And potentially have the benefit of adding the same exact terp profile back in from after separation (cleaning up solvent)?

Also would it be possible to put extra terps in BEFORE extraction to be able to increase the heat during purge and still have remaining terps, something like a slow degration vs immediately? Or do they all vaporize 100% as soon as a certain temp is reached, no matter the amount of terps in it?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
If I may ask...what was/is your profession? You dont have to answer, just curious how you got your game?

Industrial-scale organic synthesis. Any game (chemistry is years of trial and error) comes from a personal interest in practical chemistry, and reading everything on synthesis, extraction, and analysis of cannabinoids. Cannabis chemistry is not complicated, no matter how hard the rest of IC tries to make it!

Thanks for the kind words, but most organic chemists would probably be saying the same things I do if they felt like commenting, and saying it better. For every reason, I really like the idea of flow of air or nitrogen through a hot tube comprising the entire process. Otherwise, those wanting to manufacture on a large scale decarboxylated extracts that retain the terpene/aldehyde/ester/pyrazine/?volatiles profile of the herb have no reason to use anything but simple steam distillation of the herb before extracting the cannabinoids - it's not only the next cheapest, easiest, convenient, and most straightforward and effective option, steam distillation is compatible with the most stringent manufacturing and product safety rules. Then, you add the tiny bit of your essential oil back to the winterized solvent extract somehow.

If the next administration doesn't put an end to the cannabis industry somehow, you'll eventually have to be a GW Pharma to be a player, because the FDA and people writing the rules on best practices are going to make the concentrate industry the same as the rest of the pharma industry is, nearly impossible to be part of without millions and many permits and compliance advisors. I'd rather be able to legally grow a few plants at home in this state for personal dry-sifting than be able to buy a GW Pharma extract.

Latest posts

Latest posts