What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE NEPAL THREAD

G

Very Cool Thread

I have spent about 3 years of my life there, not all at once due to the need to move around, and the visa restrictions as well. It was max 4 months in one year but i could always get a new passport in another country and without the visa stamps in my new passport i could get in for another 4 months.

The place is amazing i will never forget the first time i went in 89 flying in above or next to a mountain range that is home to 8 of the 12 highest mountains in the world :eek:

The plane stops on the tarmac and you walk down a metal stair and then walk to the terminal. It was about mid day and there was a man lying in a patch of grass sleeping right there between the runway and the terminal.

Something about that i really liked, and i was about to see many peeps of all ages sleeping anywhere they felt tired :rasta: :rasta: :rasta:

The place is a time warp!!!

It is very cheap even with the dollar as bad as it is. well it can be cheap, but if you are not wise it could cost you much more than it should.

All vendors of anything & everything will overcharge as much as they can, so getting a good price for things is an art. Yes there are a few exceptions but not many.

The last time i was there was Feb 2004 the rebel movement was kicking off and all communication was shut down for about 10 days and lots of curfews. I stayed in the city where it was safer but i hadn't planned on trekking anyway. The maoist rebels had been causing violence for about the last 10 years so it had changed things politically, Nepal was always full of unrest but until the maoist things were less violent as the protesters were not armed.

I always felt safe in Nepal while in the mountains or in the city. Not to say there is no risk but comparing to how i have felt on some American streets i have always felt safe.

The police won't bother you unless they are gonna profit from it :fsu: so you should be WISE. Never flash money, even if you have loads you don't carry it or talk about it; Cry Poverty; and don't be too generous if you are over generous or they know you have wedge but if they feel like you are loaded they can get greedy and you will most likely be taken advantage of. Trust me on that one!!!

The Weed:

Most of what you see growing is just that, a weed. It grows wild and isn't very good.

If you see it being cultivated then you have another story. They have many indicas and sativas as well as many methods of growing and harvesting. These vary mostly due to the area since they have many altitudes and micro climates.

They have many grades of hash from the worst thing i have ever smoked to the Finest i have ever smoked.

The first time i bought 1 kilo in 90 it cost me $40 and was top gear, not the best but it was really top gear, very Squigy like playdough and a dark color outside and a lighter color inside that had reddish or caramel hints inside. Sorry cant really describe the smell but when you burn it there was a very spicy/sweet smell, but when you smoke it the spice was prominent. Massive expansion!!! A very up long lasting visual and body buzz. It could glue ya to the couch if ya smoke too much :rasta: :rasta: :rasta:

The same guy later tried selling me less quality for more money and eventually ripped me off all together, when i said i was unhappy with what he brought. After i had it a few days and he knew i was unhappy he told me he could exchange it for a better one so i gave him the gear and never saw him again :badday:

The best hash i ever got in Nepal was from an older hippy who lived there :rasta: :rasta: :rasta:

Up until 96 i was paying $500 for some really primo hand rubbed Nepalese from the old dude :rasta:

This stuff was just like the other stuff that i used to get but the smell was very similar to the kind and it usually had a dark green/red color when broken open or I should say pull it apart because it doesn‘t break it will just bend. That’s why they call it squigy, if it isn’t squigy don’t buy it, you should be able to take 2 separate pieces and mould them into 1 with ease. Not to say all squigy is good though.

It was hand rubbed and then pressed into 250 gram bars about a1/2" thick, very clean if you look at it with a loop you will see only trics you should not be able to see any black specks. You could easily bend the bars.

The best time to get this hash fresh was jan/feb not oct/nov

Their are many harvest times due to the many micro climates but the best stuff i ever got there was ready earliest jan/feb.

Sorry I cant help you with what valley this came from the ole dude wasn’t given up that info but i can tell you about a very cool place to go have a smoke with a babba :rasta:

You should be able to get good hash all year though, you will just have to look harder and insist on quality. Just because you go in jan/feb it does not mean you will get the goods :rasta: It's a game the street vendors Love

Pashupatinath not sure about the spelling but it's a place with many temples on a river (they do creamations there so you might not like that vibe) and lots of Sadhus hang out there.

If you go around the back up over a hill you will drop down to a place that is off the tourist trail you could say :rasta: Sadhu Babbas live in small dwellings and caves if you go there and just sit by the really nasty river even though you are upstream from the creamations it's nasty!!! (sorry but Nepal is not a clean place) i would be suprised if you were not invited in to a cave for some tea and a chillum.

If you are take off your shoes!!! and Babbas like to smoke chillums not spliffs but we did bring a really nice bong once and a few had a go. But it is really important that the senior babba lights up first and they wont use a lighter or even a match it will be lit from a cinder of a burning hemp roap. A very cool way so spend the afternoon/evening.

This is a cool link with info on the Eden Hashish Center that was closed when the US threatened to cut off aid if Nepal didn't outlaw the plant; so in 73 it was outlawed and the Eden Hashish Center was closed :badday: :fsu: :badday:

http://edenhash.com/

All in All Nepal is a great place to visit, and i hope you all get there one day.

Peace

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice post Squigy :yes:
Here we can only dream :D
This is from Clarke´s "Hashish!",a MUST read.I bought it in 1999 :D

G

Nice one Raco i have put it on my list of books to read :rasta:

Bet you have nice dreams Raco :rasta: i have seen what you grow :respect:

Glad you guys injoyed the post. Nepal is a great place and changed my life, as it does to many who visit and actually spend time there. Not a 2 week or 1 month holiday being that it is so cheap 4 months is very possible with $2000 even cheaper if you spent more time trekking. It is sooooo cheap to trek w/o a guide and you don't need one it is a well developed trail system connecting the many villages and valleys. I once spent 28 daze above the treeline that was somewhere above 12,000 ft i nearly made it to 20,000 ft that month must have cost about $100. I spent avg $3 a day, that was in early 90's maybe it's more now, and i could have always spent more if i wanted to eat better or drink things like coke and beer. They are really costly as it gets carried a long way so i avoided soft drinks and beer. They make a local grain alcohol rakshi and what they call chang they say it is a rice beer but to be honest being drunk at high altitude gives a whole new prespective on hangovers :badday:
i still had the occasional apple pie or choc cake and ate what was needed within that budget :rasta:

Peace

Does anyone have any experience with the nepal or tibetan sativas from
no mercy seeds, does anyone know if they are highland varietes that would produce a first class clear, cerebral sativa high ???

ganjabro

moe

i'v got it but must wait next year to grow it outdoors
(they go tall, or u need to go 12/12 indoors)
no mercy said to me the tibet is the best taste of sativa he smokes
and the high of the both stay long....
i can't wait to test it :(
as i wait so much from it :)
hope they will sprout nice and i will have female :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High bone,

nepal mist harvest is expected for first 2 week of Novemeber :rasta:
This is F2 generation, im producing F3 Nepal Mist seeds now selecting for strawberry rosemary and incensey aromas, high yield and best effect.

moe

and i v' bangi haze with nep genetic to grow too, 2008 will be nepal year :)
cheers

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
moe said:
and i v' bangi haze with nep genetic to grow too, 2008 will be nepal year :)
cheers

hehehe moe, im planning a trip to nepal for next 08 summer-autumn, should be nepal year for me too :smile:

I hope you enjoy growing Bangi Haze!

Here's another beautiful Nepal Mist f2 finishing in pot, loving her delicate exotic aromas :rasta:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
^^^^So lovely plant dubi, I can almost smell those exotic aromas just looking her in the snowy finish winter....

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
This one goes out to ESBE, in case he might pop in.

What's the Nepal strain like you grow there in Denmark? I know there must be a few strains out there, but I believe my seeds are of the most common strain, already aclimatized. I don't think it's the "Oldfarmer Nepal" but something older. It can be though..

Anyways, are those varieties highland sativas or sativa-indica types like I would assume?

moe

oh duby don't forget the camera, train u for trekking and take all the best seeds with u :)
the nep myst is a nepalese cross with a kali myst ?
viva 2008 :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Herbalistic :smile:

Yes moe, Nepal Mist is a second generation Nepalese Kathmandu female crossed with kali mist male and then inbred.

Here's another interesting Nepal Mist female grown in pot

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Madre mia Dubi, que maravilla!! Y esos tonos..una de mis jamaicanas 85´ ha pillado tambien esos colorcitos azulados-morados.

VanVulpen

Veteran
I am growing Malana and the Pahari Farmhouse from Real Seed Company at the moment and i can confirm that yes, they are extremely sensitive when it comes to feeding, lost all the fan leaves and i am ashamed to show pics here. On the other hand, Satori is a very strong and robust plant, quite difficult to go wrong with her...

Latest posts

Latest posts