What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Great thread. Some really interesting grows and info...here is a bud I saved from my 2019 Bodhi AG plant. It went Hermie on me and I got some seeds which I saved. Not a very impressive smoke, but I will try a pinch right now and see again

PXL_20211109_185015351.jpg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I've been posting progress updates over on the CBG forum for some time, but here are a couple of Red Snakes (Oaxacan x Punto Rojo). I have four of these going. Wanted to make seeds but no male...I popped some more Punto Rojos and am hoping for a male among those so I can dust some cuts later this winter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20211109_191357771.jpg Views:	102 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	17988207
Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20211109_191357771.jpg Views:	102 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	17988207

Last edited:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Here is a lower tester bud from the spindly #1 Red Snake. Space X should consider switching their boosters to this stuff because it is outstanding even at this stage...super sweet and tasty smoke. Smells like a complex combination of spices, bathroom cleaner and wood with a strong floral accent. The aroma alone is wonderful, but the smoke is just as tasty with sweet spices lingering on the tongue. The high is very quick onset and strongly motivating. I'm so glad to have cuts going of at least one plant, hoping more will make it.

PXL_20211112_115235705.jpg

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oxacaca gold
preservation run started outdoors and finished in.
Got some 1979 highland Oaxacan gold from higher plane that I’m gonna sprout soon, there was a bunch of controversy surrounding higher plane and these seeds. He obtained them for preservation purposes and then turned around and used them for trade bait which really pissed some people off, can’t remember who though.

I’ll post some pics when I run them this spring 🤙

vermontman

Got some 1979 highland Oaxacan gold from higher plane gonna sprout soon, there was a bunch of controversy surrounding higher plane and these seeds. He obtained them for preservation purposes and then turned around and use them for trade bait which really pissed some people off, can’t remember who though.

I’ll post some pics when I run them this spring 🤙

Definately would love to see what comes out of them that being said it is sad that there is so much underhanded dealing happening

vermontman

@vermontman beautiful Oxacaca. How long did it take to finish with flowering? Did it already? Big props for preservation!

Hello High thoughts and Thank You!
They had finished already back on Oct 7th indoors.
Outside they started flowering 1st week in August, they would have finished outside by first week Oct anyway but I brought them in to finish under lights under same light schedule as outside.
This Oax finishes fast but needs a long veg time for that to happen, to be potent and make respectable colas.
But I love her and she is the cornerstone of most of my breeding work available through
ACE Seeds

Click image for larger version  Name:	OAXACAN GOLD Orignal green pheno 006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	152.2 KB ID:	17988921 Click image for larger version  Name:	OAXACAN GOLD Orignal green pheno 006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	152.2 KB ID:	17988921 Click image for larger version  Name:	OAXACAN GOLD Orignal green pheno 006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	152.2 KB ID:	17988921 Click image for larger version  Name:	OAXACAN GOLD Orignal green pheno 044.JPG Views:	0 Size:	122.0 KB ID:	17988924

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello High thoughts and Thank You!
They had finished already back on Oct 7th indoors.
Outside they started flowering 1st week in August, they would have finished outside by first week Oct anyway but I brought them in to finish under lights under same light schedule as outside.
This Oax finishes fast but needs a long veg time for that to happen, to be potent and make respectable colas.
But I love her and she is the cornerstone of most of my breeding work available through
ACE Seeds

Looks like Ace has:

Mountain Gold Standard (Oaxacan x Hawaiian sativa)

Zacateca Tribute Standard (Big Sur Holy Weed x Oaxacan)

Purple Satellite Standard (Oaxacan x Nepalese)

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something gold.

You might remember my Highland Oaxacan Gold x Original Haze. I crossed it with a fruity Mextiza dom and thus this love child also has a lot of Oaxacan 79 magic going on.

Almost 45% Oaxacan. I've coined it Oaxacan Two Times

Attachments

• photo2087771.jpg
    photo2087771.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2087772.jpg
    photo2087772.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 36

drfeelgd

I completely forgot about the zipolites....will have to research them. Anybody grown them that can comment?

Ive grown them... 2 different phones from seed.. one went 11 weeks and the other went 12 weeks.... 12/12 for the first 8 weeks and then 11/13 for the last 2-3. Fed them normally with H & G coco and light shooting powder and the stretch was about 2.5x.... flipped them around 20" in a 5 gallon coco/perlite vertical setup and they finished up around 5.5 feet tall.... I didnt top them either time I ran them but they would do good topped with multiple colas..... Good daytime smoke... energetic and tasted like a sweet haze.... not too stinky when flowering... its worth popping them

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Hey thanks drfeelgd, sure do appreciate your comments. She sounds like a pretty easy plant with a very manageable flowering time. This is on my short list for sure.