What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

west-eu

Oaxacan Gold

Only keeped 2 the others would need another 2 months .....and not convenient for my indoor setup
The best smell from all the mex i did with the e32 cross .... very sweet tropical mango ... hummm

fetch?photoid=17848828.jpg

fetch?photoid=17848827.jpg

Can't wait to try all these ladies !!!

While i wait i'm gonna puff some positive vibes ... Have fun my friends !!!

Koondense

Veteran
For me the First lady was a huge disappointment.
Far from what i expected, the two plants looked somehow strange, one was a totally hashplant looking, the other was a bit narrower but had a similar bud structure and smell. The yield is low, buds are small and the smell is not really interesting in any way. I only sampled the hashplant looking one and it gave me a mild stoney effect with some unrest. So i had to grab another bud and correct the high to a more pleasant and fulfilling effect.
I have one seed left but will probably forget about it, the clone of the hashplant will go somewhere outdoors, maybe i'll just discard it.
I hate writing bad reviews but what i hate more is wasting space for bad plants and sadly these two were not good in any way(for me).
If these are old mexicans, i think they might be old mexi/paki/affie hybrids of some sort,not the old mexican sativas i was expecting.

Cheers

Humple W.

For me the First lady was a huge disappointment.
Far from what i expected, the two plants looked somehow strange, one was a totally hashplant looking, the other was a bit narrower but had a similar bud structure and smell. The yield is low, buds are small and the smell is not really interesting in any way. I only sampled the hashplant looking one and it gave me a mild stoney effect with some unrest. So i had to grab another bud and correct the high to a more pleasant and fulfilling effect.
I have one seed left but will probably forget about it, the clone of the hashplant will go somewhere outdoors, maybe i'll just discard it.
I hate writing bad reviews but what i hate more is wasting space for bad plants and sadly these two were not good in any way(for me).
If these are old mexicans, i think they might be old mexi/paki/affie hybrids of some sort,not the old mexican sativas i was expecting.

Cheers

Bummer! Waiting for a harvest and then being disappointed really sucks. Well, I've got 12 seeds to play with, so maybe I'll have better luck!

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
First Lady ... about 10 weeks in flo

Damn those First Ladies look chunky indeed, the second one could be pure Afghan if you ask me!! I wonder if the recipe changed, a mislabelling from vendors happened or something like that?

This is an old pic from a First Lady grown by a friend in 2011, looks fairly chunky but still NLD presence with all that foxtailing. But no hint of that resinous hash plant fan leaves happening at all:

first-ladyu.jpg

Breadwizard

Mustafunk, now that's what I was hoping to grow from my first lady seeds. It looks kinda similar to the highland Mex x bb pictures people have been putting up (I wanted those too). I wonder why the more recent seeds produce more like what Koondense or I got, chunky hashplant types. Curious undeed.

RenaissanceBrah

Are Punta Roja's much different to grow from other Mexican landraces?

Germinating my first landraces, got Punta Roja, Panama Red and Zacatecas x Michoacan (all from Snowhigh) that I've popped 2 weeks ago. One of the Punta Rojas is popping out very slowly, and another one is stretching like crazy... do they need more or less light than the typical Mexican landrace, or any other special attention?

elchischas

Veteran
photo2052731.jpg
hi carnales... A old plant from the Aguascalientes/Zacatecas México area

Attachments

• photo2052732.jpg
    photo2052732.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 36
  • photo2052733.jpg
    photo2052733.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 34

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
'The gold never leaves Mexico.' Not great news for me, quite sad. Their work and their choice to keep it to themselves, fair enough. Nice that someone is keeping the trippier lines going none the less. I am assuming this line or lines is very trippy in effect, I do not know as I have never had any and it seems never will.

The Oaxacan Verde Limon that I have been smoking is somewhat trippy and super nice in effect. This was a hermie plant. Not super tripped out as I was hoping it would be. I will run it again but have to account for hermies and can not have it mixed up with the rest of my strains so a bit of work to manage that. This was from seeds I recently got right out of Oaxaca. A commercial line. I have some Mexican Light Green seeds germinating right now, from a family somewhere in Mexico. I smoked some from a plant I grew a while back and got a very nice high with some trip, it was not trip weed though. There may be a very trippy pheno in this line and also I need to make seeds from this line so going to grow a few now.

Im'One

Has anyone any knowledge of the purple mexican heirloom in strainly or the jarilla seeds from landrace team?
I'm too old to be traveling to these regions looking for seeds..lol

I grew Jarilla last year on balcony....
4 seeds = 4 females,
3 looked hybrid and 1 full sativa in flowering.
Lost all right before it was ready, for security reasons... arggg