What's new

the Mexican Landraces Thread

Jon 54

I am going to Cancun in the Spring. Where can I find some real Landrace? Some top shelf type smoke.

Sorry to say but you won't find anything but comercial crap in Cancun. You will not find anything even looking like a landrace strain in that area. Go to Acapulco instead and you might find some good weed but even there unless you can get to know some locals and gain there trust you will have to get up into the Mts. to find any landrace weed. Those areas are very scary for tourists to visit!!!!! Think before you start exploring in the wilds of Mexico. Jon 54 :plant grow::plant grow::smoweed:

Hello Elchischas,

Thank you for starting this great thread.I have learned so much about the variety and diversity of the cannabis in Mexico. It is a shame so many North Americans know so little about the greatness of Mexico's cannabis.

I wonder if there is a corollary between vast diversity of cannabis in Mexico and Mexico as the mother of corn?Did/Are the indigenous just continuing a tradition of thousands of years as the best agriculturists/breeders of both the ancient and modern world?Mexico is/was home to 5k-6k varieties of corn,each selected to grow at different altitudes and environments. If you start at the top of a 2000 meter mountain you can often times find multiple types of corn being grown all the way down to the bottom. The examples go on and on such as small communal plots (5 acres or less) feeding whole villages for a year.

Just as Monsanto is killing the mother of corn,Dutch seed companies are choking off and killing landrace varieties often developed over hundreds if not thousands of years, one is intentional and the other is unintentional. I see your work Elchischas,and others like the great Spanish seed companies(ACE,CBG) as doing 'rescue breeding' to save some of these great landrace strains.

Thank you again Elchischas for this great thread and all of the wonderful information contained here. Take care and be safe everyone,all my best Charles.

VanVulpen

Veteran
Oaxaca 12 Fingers X Highland Oaxaca, about six weeks in flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

elchischas

Veteran
hi friends..
hey KSP bro...good work!! keep on man!!
Charles U farley.. thanks for the words .... I agree with you, in Mexico there was a wide range of cannabis as corn
There are many areas with microclimates
ideal for the cultivation of cannabis ....
Vanvulpen hi man.. nice work very nice work.. yours plants looks soo healthy and seems all its ok.. BTW I leave here some pics of 12 fingers x oaxaca too...

DSCN6411.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN6410.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN6409.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN6407.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN6405.jpg
[/IMG]

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Van Vulpen I can smell it from here!! LOL

And the props are for Chischas for keeping all this amazing jewels alive!

Peace.

sinaloa

Veteran
oaxaca

oaxaca

que bonita pata de esa oaxaqueña amigo chischas,
me gustan los dedos largos y finos, sl estilo de las antiguas,
aparte crece como las apinadas antiguas,
con unas ballenas abajo de esas matas ni el sol molesta ,:friends::friends:

saludos,

K

KSP

Greetings friends, a few shots of Verde Limon inside and out. Outside plants were late so are not so big, but gives an idea of structure and leaf shape. Inside flower is ~ 65 days +/- 12/12.

Van Vulpen your plants are gorgeous :yes: I can't wait to see them finished

Best wishes to all ~ ksp

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VanVulpen

Veteran
Greetings friends, a few shots of Verde Limon inside and out. Outside plants were late so are not so big, but gives an idea of structure and leaf shape. Inside flower is ~ 65 days +/- 12/12.

Van Vulpen your plants are gorgeous I can't wait to see them finished

Best wishes to all ~ ksp

Yours are looking very nice as well mate... is that Verde Limon related by any chance with the one used in the making of Destroyer?

Chischas, Mustafunk, you know you're responsible for this! Oaxaca 12 fingers, week 9.... believe it or not this plant is one year old now, it took me three months just to reveg the bitch for a second flowering... hopefully not the last one...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hope i'm not completely out of topic with this but as a term of comparison here's my Flo X Highland Thai cross same time in flower, way much faster to finish it seems...

picture.php

picture.php

It appears I must spread some reputation around before giving it to ya,VV. But then again you keep posting awesome stuff so I'll get my chance again.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention,but how does the twelve fingers smoke?

bodymind

Veteran
Hi all.... once again i have no photos, but i want to update my experience so far with the oaxacan 79 x oaxaca and the large oaxacan x oaxacan:

The oaxacan 79 cross are the most conical, christmas-tree shaped plants i've ever grown and are now hitting the seven foot. I've been trying to keep them small all year, and just repotted them out of three gallon into 20 gallon pots - they have exploded in growth and could easily be true sativa monsters like the ones that have been shown to us out of australia. The stem smells are the most pleasant of the two lines, with a woody incense and lemon scent coming through that isn't over powering, sweet, or skunky.

The large oaxacan x oaxacan seem to REALLY want to get big and i've kept them in small containers as long as possible. I just repotted them and the've jumped as well, though the growth a little less conical and the branches want to go straight up. The leaves of this strain seem to be smaller than the huge palm fronds of the oaxacan 79 and the 12 fingers from what i can tell. They smell of stink bug, which is a putrid cherry sort of thing.

Both strains are showing the first signs of flowering, with female pre-flowers appearing everywhere now...

B

BrnCow

A friend once had pounds of some Mexican that was colored like dry grass - looked like yellow hay. A pound of it was as large as a kilo of regular dirt weed. High was real strong. Had a decent spicy smell to it. He ran a pound through an isomoriser and made a hash. It was great but could never be duplicated again...

elchischas

Veteran
hi friends...
hey KSP so amazing bro !! keep on that way!!! congratulations
Van Vulpen your oaxacans are a beautiful one!! very very good man!! that cross of oaxacans that I made a few years..resulted
crossing two old mexican sativas .... 12 fingers mother
was impossible to tame the flowering is over the 100 days
even Charlie Garcia could not with her LOL!!
well friends, here I have some photos that I wanted to share with you a long; from a good friend of mine
and were taken in the mountains of the Mexican Pacific
in the early 90
hopefully you enjoy them ..

1.jpg
[/IMG]

2.jpg
[/IMG]

7.jpg
[/IMG]

3.jpg
[/IMG]

8.jpg
[/IMG]

idiit

Veteran
great thread! please keep posting. i believe landraces are already coming into popular demand.

K

KSP

Yours are looking very nice as well mate... is that Verde Limon related by any chance with the one used in the making of Destroyer?

VanVulpen, thanks bro. As for the VL, yes it is, or at least I got it through dubi and this is what he had to say about it:

dubi said:
It's a fast flowering (10-12 weeks) mexican strain, inbred in spain a few generations. Potency is not very high but high quality effect, very happy effect. It's a great sativa to cross with other stronger long flowering sats and reduce flowering times in hybrids without add indica genes. Indeed it is one of the sativas used to create CBG's Destroyer hybrid ( thai x mexican/colombian genes ). -dubi

Chischas, thanks bro! It should be very soon now :woohoo:
Thanks for sharing the new photos, too bad that smoke was burned the wrong way. Cool photo of the poppy field.

Best wishes ~

elchischas

Veteran
hi friends....
hey KSP bro how are u?? yea man!! its a shame!! my friend was there and he love the cannabis, but the job its the job right? lol
im very busy and im gonna keep away of forums a few months so I wanna put the last pics for a while.... its the same, on the mountains near to the pacifics coast in mexico.. see yaaa compadres!! :tiphat:

4.jpg
[/IMG]

5.jpg
[/IMG]

6.jpg
[/IMG]

9.jpg
[/IMG]

sinaloa

Veteran
hola chischas, bonitas fotos, la de la amapola me trae recuerdos ,
me pasaron unas fotos de unos federales kemando una siembra de mota, en pleno clima de hasta 50 grados, alcansa, aveces hasta mas, es en sonora,y la mota bien bonita,lastima la convirtieron en cenizas,

un saludon

chischas hello, nice photos, Poppy brings back memories,
I spent a few photos of some federal kemando a planting pot, in the climate of 50 degrees, dates, sometimes even more, is sound, and the speck was beautiful, it hurts the ashes became

Attachments

• quemando mota.6.jpeg
    quemando mota.6.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 56
  • quemando mota.2.jpeg
    quemando mota.2.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 53
  • quemando mota.9.jpeg
    quemando mota.9.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 48
  • quemando mota.jpeg
    quemando mota.jpeg