What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

befa

Michoacan cuttings approx. 50 days
The scent is that of a solvent pine, lemon

Attachments

• SDC15183.JPG
    SDC15183.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 84
  • SDC15182.JPG
    SDC15182.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 87
  • SDC15185.JPG
    SDC15185.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 81

acespicoli

Hello friends!
this is my first thread here in ICMAG
will be dedicated to varieties of
Mexican cannabis
all are welcome
anyone who wants to provide info, photos
or stories are welcome
I am in permanent search of the landraces
Mexican
so I needed a thread like this.

photos of the oaxaca 1979, its seeds from a single clon keept
in canada, and given by charlie garcia of the cannabiogen
enjoy it!!!

oaxa79lil7.jpg
[/IMG]

oaxa79lilbuds02.jpg
[/IMG]

oaxa79lilbuds03.jpg
[/IMG]
Hello my friend im not seeing photos,
Is this clone still alive?

Popey

Veteran
I have Jarilla Sinaloa from Cannabiogen. The first female plant was great - energizing high, lots of potency, kind of like Amnesia but without the indica effect at the end. 100% sativa. I crossed her with a male Jarilla to obtain another generation. I sowed them, the plants looked great, but unfortunately their potency is very weak. Could the male Jarilla be the dominant CBD strain? I don't know why the next generation has such low potency.
The only cross I did using the first female Jarilla (the one with high potency and sativa effect) was Jarilla x Durban (also from Cannabiogen), I just sowed these seeds. I hope I will find something interesting in the Jarilla Sinaloa x Durban cross.

Last edited:

midwestkid

Veteran
I have Jarilla Sinaloa from Cannabiogen. The first female plant was great - energizing high, lots of potency, kind of like Amnesia but without the indica effect at the end. 100% sativa. I crossed her with a male Jarilla to obtain another generation. I sowed them, the plants looked great, but unfortunately their potency is very weak. Could the male Jarilla be the dominant CBD strain? I don't know why the next generation has such low potency.
The only cross I did using the first female Jarilla (the one with high potency and sativa effect) was Jarilla x Durban (also from Cannabiogen), I just sowed these seeds. I hope I will find something interesting in the Jarilla Sinaloa x Durban cross.
i think thats just the way the cookie crumbles. sounds like a dud male. toss those seeds and pick a new male and try again?
im currently testing out a bunch of different crosses i made last fall using 2 male brothers. fingers crossed that they were good boys.

Popey

Veteran
i think thats just the way the cookie crumbles. sounds like a dud male. toss those seeds and pick a new male and try again?

Unfortunately, I no longer have seeds from the first generation of Jarilla sinaloa. However, I am growing a Jarilla x Durban cross. It turned out that I had 2 females and one male. I will be making f2 seeds and I hope I will select something interesting.
I was disappointed with Durban CBG seeds. Out of 5 seeds, 4 of them had wide leaves and smelled like kush. One plant had an anise scent and was a male. This is what I used to pollinate the female Jarilla Sinaloa (from the first generation with high power).

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I read a book that had a few chapters about a group of people traveling to the Americas in eight ships. This was during the time mentioned in the old testament when the people were building the tower of Babel; maybe thousands of years BC? These people went to war with one another and eventually killed off their own civilization. The book focuses more intently on another smaller group of people that fled Jerusalem about 600 BC; they wandered in the wilderness for years before building a ship. They traveled for 364 days before arriving somewhere close to the narrow strip of land separating the two American continents.

The Pilgrims brought with them among other things, seed to plant. It seems logical to me that the ancient peoples that inherited the Americas also brought with them seed to plant. I can imagine a year long sea voyage, and layovers at the many ports of call where goods could be traded. There were two brothers mentioned in the book that were the rebellious type; I can envision these two guys looking for genetics at every stop. This is only a hypothesis of how Mexico might have acquired her landraces. Anyone else have some ideas? Chime in!
I think the oldest lines are Nepalese, Lebanese and Highland Thai and something very similar to China Yunnan on the WDL lineages.

Peace farmerlion