What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

befa

I post tof de michoacan x Balkh F4 a work of a friend and me, to show you the depard of a F1, here is what some could offer you or sell nowadays as being Mexican ;)
SDC14726.JPG
SDC14728.JPG
SDC14727.JPG

befa

Freakin beautiful! Make some seeds man.
One of the crappiest, angriest selections I've made in recent years.
The beans come from a friend who's never been able to do anything honest with them, but I can tell you she's a fucking warrior.
Here's the gift, out of over 100 beans my friend and I only found 3 really interesting women.
The rest were too polluted for our taste to do a serious and honest job.
But we decided to reverse these ladies for a fairly large project with the panama and colombian range we have here.
If you are interested, I can offer you different crosses already made with these damsels such as MICHOACAN X BALKH F4.
MICHOACAN X N.H ( colombian pheno male )
MEXICAINE PURPLE small leaf x N.H ( pheno fine leaf , not tested )
MEXICAINE PURPLE small leaves X GUERILLA FUME ( one of the best bx representation of chem 91 )

RobFromTX

One of the crappiest, angriest selections I've made in recent years.
The beans come from a friend who's never been able to do anything honest with them, but I can tell you she's a fucking warrior.
Here's the gift, out of over 100 beans my friend and I only found 3 really interesting women.
The rest were too polluted for our taste to do a serious and honest job.
But we decided to reverse these ladies for a fairly large project with the panama and colombian range we have here.
If you are interested, I can offer you different crosses already made with these damsels such as MICHOACAN X BALKH F4.
MICHOACAN X N.H ( colombian pheno male )
MEXICAINE PURPLE small leaf x N.H ( pheno fine leaf , not tested )
MEXICAINE PURPLE small leaves X GUERILLA FUME ( one of the best bx representation of chem 91 )

Awesome my friend. I'll take you up on that at a later date. Im doing a honduras run now and i have some bagseed my sister in law brought back to me from visiting family in Guerrero. I plan to grow those out next. I have no idea what i'll be getting myself into, but it was described to me to be "very sativa" and they come from a small working farm near the border with Oaxaca. When you say you only found 3 keepers out of 100 do you mean the rest were just too hybridized?

befa

L'une des sélections les plus merdiques et les plus énervantes que j'ai faites ces dernières années.
Les haricots viennent d'une amie qui n'a jamais été capable de faire quoi que ce soit d'honnêtement avec eux, mais je peux vous dire que c'est une putain de guerrière.
Voici le cadeau, sur plus de 100 haricots, mon ami et moi n'avons trouvé que 3 femmes vraiment intéressantes.
Le reste était trop pollué à notre goût pour faire un travail sérieux et honnête.
Mais nous avons décidé d'inverser ces dames pour un projet assez important avec la gamme panama et colombienne que nous avons ici.
Si vous êtes intéressé, je peux vous proposer différents croisements déjà réalisés avec ces demoiselles comme MICHOACAN X BALKH F4.
MICHOACAN X NH ( phéno mâle colombien )
MEXICAINE PURPLE petite feuille x NH (feuille phéno fine, non testée)
MEXICAINE PURPLE petites feuilles X GUERILLA FUME ( une des meilleures représentations bx de che

Awesome my friend. I'll take you up on that at a later date. Im doing a honduras run now and i have some bagseed my sister in law brought back to me from visiting family in Guerrero. I plan to grow those out next. I have no idea what i'll be getting myself into, but it was described to me to be "very sativa" and they come from a small working farm near the border with Oaxaca. When you say you only found 3 keepers out of 100 do you mean the rest were just too hybridized?
Good hunting with your new equipment, no, the ton of hermis, but I think I made a mistake, pushed the selection to maximum stress in hydroponics, with a drop in light time certainly too steep at the end of the cycle, I think I could have kept a lot of plants.I think I could have kept a few males but for that I would have needed 2 other Mexican lines from the same healthy families to be able to reproduce an honest bx.

EnjoyingLife

Good hunting with your new equipment, no, the ton of hermis, but I think I made a mistake, pushed the selection to maximum stress in hydroponics, with a drop in light time certainly too steep at the end of the cycle, I think I could have kept a lot of plants.I think I could have kept a few males but for that I would have needed 2 other Mexican lines from the same healthy families to be able to reproduce an honest bx.
Speak more on this term honest.
Here you say "honest backcross". Previously you said "serious and honest job".
I'm not trying to call you out, I'm trying to pick your brain! Get a better understanding of what this work means to you.

befa

Speak more on this term honest.
Here you say "honest backcross". Previously you said "serious and honest job".
I'm not trying to call you out, I'm trying to pick your brain! Get a better understanding of what this work means to you.
I may have expressed myself badly, I'm not targeting anyone here by talking about honest work or not.
I'm just talking about observation and personal error, yes maybe I don't understand what I'm doing and I'm talking shit, time will tell, but thank you again for your pertinent comment, yes bx and honest don't mix well, but I was talking about landraces from the same Michoacan family to make this bx and that seemed more honest to me than taking an 80% Michoacan hybrid.
But anyway I don't do bx, look at Michoacan x balkh F4, I could work from that for my bx, but I'm not really interested in working with Michoacan because it seems less honest to me, and I don't have time to waste on that, I prefer a reverse which will be simpler for us here to recover the terpene pool.
Yes, bx and honest are not in the same family ;)

befa

The Mexican Purple Mom retained, for its incredible smell of undergrowth, mushroom, super incense on the puck and combustion, here cultivated in hydro rock wool, led, cycle flo 12 12 and last third in 11 12, finished at around 70 , I class it among the smallest Mexican plants with small narrow leaves.
SDC13965.JPG
SDC13959.JPG
SDC13957.JPG
SDC13962.JPG
SDC13964.JPG
SDC13963.JPG
SDC13966.JPG

EnjoyingLife

I may have expressed myself badly, I'm not targeting anyone here by talking about honest work or not.
I'm just talking about observation and personal error, yes maybe I don't understand what I'm doing and I'm talking shit, time will tell, but thank you again for your pertinent comment, yes bx and honest don't mix well, but I was talking about landraces from the same Michoacan family to make this bx and that seemed more honest to me than taking an 80% Michoacan hybrid.
But anyway I don't do bx, look at Michoacan x balkh F4, I could work from that for my bx, but I'm not really interested in working with Michoacan because it seems less honest to me, and I don't have time to waste on that, I prefer a reverse which will be simpler for us here to recover the terpene pool.
Yes, bx and honest are not in the same family ;)
I wouldn't say backcross isn't honest work. As far as I know it's a great way to solidify certain traits and\or a starting point if one makes an error in a cross.
I'll agree that starting with mixed blood may not be honest but as long as one is transparent there shouldn't be a problem.
Reversing could be a good idea but bottlenecks the genepool a bit to my understanding.
Thanks for taking the time to explain yourself!
I didn't think you were calling anyone out I was making sure you knew I wasn't calling you out with my first sentence in the previous post.

befa

I just wanted to say that I prefer to keep the lineage pure, and that the only way for me today not to lose the lineage is to invert it without hybridizing it and be able to offer it to other people so that they can practice and enjoy it, while waiting to find their companion ;) Yes, souping it up and playing laboratory technician is not really my thing, but I know people who do it and I'm thinking of asking them to do the work. I know that using S1 for crossbreeding projects is not recommended, but I'm thinking that an S1 landrace could be effective with a regular line landrace.
Yes the work on the bx can also be useful for the work that you explain and transparency, thanks to that I smoke today indiana bubble gum BX3, well done man; but for that you need to have smoked the original to make an objective comparison, so yes the work done by the breeder is important to get as close as possible to the original.
Feel free to intervene, or take me back, I may smoke too much at the moment to be objective ;) I've always said to myself that it's better to start from scratch, than from crosses that have already been made, even if they're good, the market is full of poorly made backcrosses just for the sake of profit, but that is another subject.

EnjoyingLife

I just wanted to say that I prefer to keep the lineage pure, and that the only way for me today not to lose the lineage is to invert it without hybridizing it and be able to offer it to other people so that they can practice and enjoy it, while waiting to find their companion ;) Yes, souping it up and playing laboratory technician is not really my thing, but I know people who do it and I'm thinking of asking them to do the work. I know that using S1 for crossbreeding projects is not recommended, but I'm thinking that an S1 landrace could be effective with a regular line landrace.
Yes the work on the bx can also be useful for the work that you explain and transparency, thanks to that I smoke today indiana bubble gum BX3, well done man; but for that you need to have smoked the original to make an objective comparison, so yes the work done by the breeder is important to get as close as possible to the original.
Feel free to intervene, or take me back, I may smoke too much at the moment to be objective ;) I've always said to myself that it's better to start from scratch, than from crosses that have already been made, even if they're good, the market is full of poorly made backcrosses just for the sake of profit, but that is another subject.
Honestly if I were you I'd talk to your friends and get some line cleaning and selection done. Hopefully you'd be able to be part of the process....
I think S1 would be fine for crossbreeding. I get why one may disagree but if it's a solid plant why not? Plus one can make f2s and look for interesting recessive genes to mix in.
Disclaimer.... I am a complete novice grower, these are simply ideas coming from my understanding of things may work and hopefully no bro science is involved in anything I ever say...

befa

Honnêtement, si j'étais vous, je parlerais à vos amis et ferais un peu de nettoyage et de sélection des lignes. J'espère que vous pourrez participer au processus....
Je pense que S1 conviendrait au croisement. Je comprends pourquoi on peut être en désaccord, mais si c'est une plante solide, pourquoi pas ? De plus, on peut créer des f2 et rechercher des gènes récessifs intéressants à mélanger.
Avertissement... Je suis un cultivateur complètement novice, ce sont simplement des idées venant de ma compréhension des choses qui peuvent fonctionner et j'espère qu'aucune science n'est impliquée dans tout ce que je dis...
I've been working on this with a friend for many years, for the rest of my friends, I respect their choice, I rather try to convince people from the icmag community to work with me, but things are not that simple, it will take a little time for that, to become familiar with the icmag tool.
Allow me to correct you, but you're not the only one to misuse language. We're talking about recessive characteristics or recessive alleles, not recessive genes, because genes are made up of 2 alleles. When you observe, we're talking about phenotype, and for an allele to be recessive, both alleles must be recessive. The genotype encompasses all the genes and their allelic composition. But you seem to be involved and I like that.
Yes, mounting the F2 will allow me to observe more things.
I think that sharing allows me to grow, if beans (that I site above pleases you) I would be happy to be able to offer them to you and to all the
members of this son.
I look forward to exchanging with you.

EnjoyingLife

I've been working on this with a friend for many years, for the rest of my friends, I respect their choice, I rather try to convince people from the icmag community to work with me, but things are not that simple, it will take a little time for that, to become familiar with the icmag tool.
Allow me to correct you, but you're not the only one to misuse language. We're talking about recessive characteristics or recessive alleles, not recessive genes, because genes are made up of 2 alleles. When you observe, we're talking about phenotype, and for an allele to be recessive, both alleles must be recessive. The genotype encompasses all the genes and their allelic composition. But you seem to be involved and I like that.
Yes, mounting the F2 will allow me to observe more things.
I think that sharing allows me to grow, if beans (that I site above pleases you) I would be happy to be able to offer them to you and to all the
members of this son.
I look forward to exchanging with you.
Thanks for the better understanding of f2s!
I'm open to anything sativa honestly. Especially from middle or south america.
I don't have anything I can share with you though =[
My seed runs just started this season and I hadn't even thought about the possibility of sharing because I didn't think anyone would be interested as I'm not doing it on a level that I feel would be if interest.
Not saying you're interested in anything I have. Just saying while I'm open to receive I have nothing to give in return.

befa

Thanks for the better understanding of f2s!
I'm open to anything sativa honestly. Especially from middle or south america.
I don't have anything I can share with you though =[
My seed runs just started this season and I hadn't even thought about the possibility of sharing because I didn't think anyone would be interested as I'm not doing it on a level that I feel would be if interest.
Not saying you're interested in anything I have. Just saying while I'm open to receive I have nothing to give in return.
Personally I'm not too knowledgeable, but my friend has a degree in biological science ;) he was in charge for several years of making and creating beers and other things like research and acclimatization, he won many awards for his brewery at the time (although he personally, it makes him laugh even today, judge is a wine skin ;) ).
The only feedback we expect here is comments and the sharing of our genetics, but to do this we have to donate part of our work, for us it's the only way to preserve it and get people to distribute it in their turn (for free if possible ;) ). We don't claim to hold the holy grail, just genetics that might interest people in their own work and advances, or just out of curiosity, or simply the desire to have it in one's jar ;)

I'm not proud of or disinterested in what you have or your work, but if you could share it, I'm sure you would.
I'll give you a list in mp according to your mentioned preferences.

420empire

Veteran
i got this cut as limon verde michoacan hyp3rids via another breeder but i'm sure chewiesmoke could tell us more about this cut

for the effect i'm not sure about giggly weed, more up like electrical shock but can be more psycadelic if you smoke more .
The last 2 sentence just got me curious. So by electric shock, you mean when you u touch a el-fence Where afterwards you are kind electrified "fresh",😂 or more like zapped to the couch, but not in a sleepy way. Does it make sense😬
Fyi just tried band aid , ouch it's good herb, really dazed and Feel good herb. 🙏🔥😅

EnjoyingLife

The last 2 sentence just got me curious. So by electric shock, you mean when you u touch a el-fence Where afterwards you are kind electrified "fresh",😂 or more like zapped to the couch, but not in a sleepy way. Does it make sense😬
Fyi just tried band aid , ouch it's good herb, really dazed and Feel good herb. 🙏🔥😅
I like to hear that about band aid!
This limón verde is intriguing also...

Latest posts

Latest posts