What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The last giveaway in the first half of 2022 | FC series LED grow light

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Sounds cool, is the side zip frequently used during grow process?
For the tents bigger than 100x100 you can be sure the side openings are used. You can't reach in to work on the plants when they grow up and fill the sides. Even 100 x 100 was hardtoreach theback half with the tent filled.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
thanks @Mars Hydro Led for yet another fantastic giveaway i've yet to see ANY other vendor offer such giveaways :thank you:
thanks @Sampas92
bluetooth/wireless chip within the light controller
clip on fans ...reliable ones the will clip onto the tent poles
small uv light upgrades that could be "plugged" into exsisting lights
please remember i'm not technically minded lol
#marshydrosummersale
@GMT jump in dude
:thank you:except the clip fan, other two are already in schedule. ;)

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Screenshot_20220611-124144_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220611-124236_Chrome.jpg

Plant ties and (binder) clips (preferably a plastic variant of them)
Because plant ties are used for training plants, hanging buds to dry and even hanging lightweight hardware in the tent. Binder type clips are used for tieing plants to pots or varius trays or stuff around the tent, and to clip on buds that don't have any sidebramching to be hung for drying using a clip and a plant tie. I use them both every grow, in multiple ways. I wish the binder clips would be plastic so they would not rust, but, still, they will last for years.
@Solon come in, buddy!
#marshydrosummersale

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Sounds good!
Will the wifi control be an add-on to existing lights or just come integrated in new lights?
I would hope wifi control will be in a room level controller. Part of the lighting daisychain. So you walk upto your equipment rack, and there is your room dimmer with built in wifi control. Making it an option, that has backwards compatibility with older lights. While users that don't want it can not buy it.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Sounds cool, is the side zip frequently used during grow process?
Which is the side?
You might think my tent has fell over. It is 2 meters long. 1.4 meters deep. Then 1.4 meters high.

When a tent must fit a space, often it's the ventilation socks that dictate orientation. I have spent many days looking at tents in the past, for the correct sock placement.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Bigger tents have side openings on both lateral sides, i mean my 150 x 150 cm one has them!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
1) Aftermarket Tent Sock or Duct Flange. Basically, a top hat flange. Where a hole is cut in the tent, and the top hat passed through until the brim stops it. The top, is threaded around its full circumference to take a big lockring.
Not like this rough job I'm in denial over
tophat.jpg

2) A basic top hat leaves a hole in your tent. A sock is just another sock.
Fitting this needs instruction. A 5mm hole first, to screw the two part together. Then a second, using them as a template. Then the rest, and finally you cut the 4" hole.
If you offered a top hat, you might need a card stencil. To draw a circle. Then a wide rim to cover peoples bad use of scissors.
3) @Gypsy Nirvana (because he's worth it)
4) #marshydrosummersale

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Or just create a flange that will fit the holes in the tents.. Most users don't need them custom placed!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Many are blissfully unaware that the ducting corkscrew maneuver is converting air movement to noise. It's really something though. If I hang a fan and filter, I want a hole in the tent that the fan is pointing at ideally. I won't accept a flexi duct doing a 90 degree to get out the roof, then a 180 down to the floor. With the mixed flow fans many use, such a system is just outside of the fans capability. They struggle with just a filter and straight hardpipe.

I keep coming back to an idea. I see rubbish runs everywhere. People taking duct around sharp corners, or stringing it up where is turns. I have a product idea, but I don't think people will know they want it.

1)
iu

2) People don't know they need it, but it has far reaching use across many sectors. Mostly a 90 though, not a 180 like pictured.
3) @Sampas92 (because he keeps the diaries coming)
4) Add hashtag #marshydrosummersale

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
View attachment 18721251 View attachment 18721252
Plant ties and (binder) clips (preferably a plastic variant of them)
Because plant ties are used for training plants, hanging buds to dry and even hanging lightweight hardware in the tent. Binder type clips are used for tieing plants to pots or varius trays or stuff around the tent, and to clip on buds that don't have any sidebramching to be hung for drying using a clip and a plant tie. I use them both every grow, in multiple ways. I wish the binder clips would be plastic so they would not rust, but, still, they will last for years.
@Solon come in, buddy!
#marshydrosummersale

Looking at there core product, some of these ties could be good for cable routing.
I don't like zip ties as it's a use once product, that needs cutters. However, I'm totally made up by the fact I can get reusable ones now. Just like any others, but the little tooth has a lever to lift it. I have been hoisting up carbons with them. Linking them in chains, that I swap for shorter ones once it's in place. I'm really happy about them. Dishing them out to friends, so they all know about them.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
how about hanging the YOYO hanger in right and left direction?
There are 4 corners currently that have ratchets that need to be actuated to lower. The back ones are hard to get to. A FLGH would make tent life simple and easy. I like the tube the ropes roll onto being front to rear, so a manual handle can be used.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
@f-e You know they use velcro straps for that, right? Reusable, less plastic, get on a roll and cutto measure. Much cheaper. Much nicer looking when installed.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
There are 4 corners currently that have ratchets that need to be actuated to lower. The back ones are hard to get to. A FLGH would make tent life simple and easy. I like the tube the ropes roll onto being front to rear, so a manual handle can be used.
If tents had fixed accesory bars instead of slide in place ones, cheap solution could be then found with some pulleys, basically a device similarto the yoyo's but with a remote tie in place.
So, that gets me to:
My 2nd try!
Some device to fix the upper tent bars (the ones moveable on the tent frame, used to hang lights and filters).
Could be as easy as having guide holes or a slot into the frame where to lock it in from place to place. Then a clamp or screw on the moovable bar at each end to pair with the guide holes/slots. No pics cause I can't find something similar, but i gave lots on details to be easy to understand.
Would be better for more reasons: tent more stable/sturdy. No sliding around when you operate the light hanging system, possibility to hang a pulley to it and loop the light suspending cord over it, to be able to raise it and lower it from outside the tent, by the end of the rope, probably with a regular yoyo at that point. You then just need a hook or clamp/hanging point for that yoyo to be put on the frame somewhere close to the door to operate any end of the light that can't be reached otherwise.
@WHIPEDMEAT come win some stuff, buddy!
#marshydrosummersale

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
@f-e You know they use velcro straps for that, right? Reusable, less plastic, get on a roll and cutto measure. Much cheaper. Much nicer looking when installed.
Perhaps mine is a bit bigger than yours lol

I did buy some velcro, but one handed use, it's as good as selotape for sticking to itself. I could see my best jumper getting thinner with every snatch. It just doesn't zip like a zip tie. There isn't that ratcheting action to lift things incrementally. Like when your plants get so tall, the length of a yoyo hanger is lost ceiling. So you zip the light to the roof bars. We have all been there lol

Edit: Reading you post about fixing roof bars, you could use some zip ties yourself.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, I understand what you say, was just mentioning the most used solution for cable management, in caseitmight help.
I know how to build even a nicer solution than a ziptie for my problem, but I was thinking it should come as standard, maybe. I am pretty sure others have the problem as well. Guide holes would also mean you install them perfectly square to the frame, and they will never move. A ziptie might also have some give in time after the bars move a bit (tensioning and detensioning the ziptie) from using the tent. What I described would be the "pro", out of the box solution.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
So how do you know they won't make another account to enter the giveaway? Since is random pick, anyone can win!
Personally I am in for the friendly fun and will donate it if I win, just like I said I will for last giveaway, as well! And honestly when someone wins I don't feel like they took the prize away from me or the others or something, just had better luck. It happens!

Latest posts

Latest posts