What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!
Status
Not open for further replies.

SativaBreather

Veteran
hey sour puss,,,,,,
when "mate dave" used the word "bollocks" in that post,,it meant that the cannabis was very good not bad,,,,,we tend to use the word "bollocks" in the uk to describe something that's very good or if someone is talking shit,,, I hope that clears that one up for you,,
peace and regards 944s2:tiphat:

the bollocks is a contraction of 'the dog's bollocks' meaning good
talking bollocks is same as talking shit
and shanti's herb in that era was the fucking bollox

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shanti has the plants and reputation that Med-Man dreams of.

Med-Man & Med-Man method = dog shit! Or throw aways!

I may have got the dates wrong... The import stopped coming because of the security following the September 11th disaster.

After the disaster all the imported weed was tampered with.

A gang from Essex burned a few million £ worth in a field to set an example of the Dutch crew importing SHIT.

It was around this time we all started growing UK Cheese!!

It was when Willie Wortel shut. Nol van Schaik moved to Spain.

Every man and his dog joined the bandwagon, companies split, strains were either hoarded or lost in busts and 80% of the weed in the uk was british grown as the Vietnamese showed up from Canada!

S

sourpuss

hey sour puss,,,,,,
when "mate dave" used the word "bollocks" in that post,,it meant that the cannabis was very good not bad,,,,,we tend to use the word "bollocks" in the uk to describe something that's very good or if someone is talking shit,,, I hope that clears that one up for you,,
peace and regards 944s2:tiphat:

Thx that does clear that up... makes sense like shit and the shit mean opposite kinda slang uk style.... I knew the talkin shit meaning so didnt understand the other.....

jd4083

Veteran
damn, I must have missed all the med-man drama...lots of people coming out swinging these last couple of pages (maybe earlier too, didn't read the thread). I thought he was pretty universally understood to be one of the better growers out there, but maybe that's just what he has been repeating? Can somebody fill me in a bit?

SativaBreather

Veteran
I didnt see any fucked with weed til bout 08 when that drought hit dave, but funny enough i started growing in 02 so never bought off anyone else then til around 08/09

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 1st lot of tampered import was nicknamed 'Speckled-Hen' it barely sold and most was burned in Essex. It was a skunk type that was already beaten to death to make hash for the coffee shops, the resin was replaced with sand or fine grit. Inside the buds was normal.

They soon advance there tampering efforts and started to throw silica balls over the growing plants to incorporate the weight into the buds. (It takes a special kinda Cant to do this sort of devious shit)

All methods designed were to add weight because the operations were getting smaller and smaller at higher costs!

Then as people wised up and more people noticed there weed was tampered, some sprayed with 'BRIX' or sugar solution to make a resin look to the weed, even iron filings were added by gangs to the weed.

You could grind it up on paper, place a magnet underneath it and remove the iron to most peoples disgust.

I suppose this is why the Vietnamese owned the scene for 5-6 years while everyone gained the knowledge of doing homegrown.

This boom of home growers also had a massive input on the seed business as people wanted reliable genetics at affordable prices. Shantibaba seen this trend early on made him some ££££££.

SativaBreather

Veteran
yeah I saw all that, never saw the iron filings tho thank fuck
ya know the dutch been taking same shit they sprayed on buds to morocco to mix with hash to make shit hash bubble like its pukka - u can smell and taste the spray taste but not so pronounced as its blended, same shit tho fo sho
my moroccan buddy showed it me, they called it 'resina'

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Shanti has the plants and reputation that Med-Man dreams of.

Med-Man & Med-Man method = dog shit! Or throw aways!
Yeah, but it's no big surprise. Canada officials don't know real cannabis from dogshit... nothing new.

Seems like canadian cannabis has reached cesspool status. The really big chunks are starting to float to the top.

jd4083, there are a lot of real growers here that are finally getting tired of Medium Man here messing up newbs with his 'methods.'

I wish them the best of luck in their canadian endeavors and hope the canadians will recover eventually.

paperchaser825

Lol. There will always be haters of those few individuals in this life that actually pursue their dreams and set lofty goals of which few can even procure from their barred and gated souls. Keep shittin on 'em Med-man.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
The 1st lot of tampered import was nicknamed 'Speckled-Hen' it barely sold and most was burned in Essex. It was a skunk type that was already beaten to death to make hash for the coffee shops, the resin was replaced with sand or fine grit. Inside the buds was normal.

They soon advance there tampering efforts and started to throw silica balls over the growing plants to incorporate the weight into the buds. (It takes a special kinda Cant to do this sort of devious shit)

All methods designed were to add weight because the operations were getting smaller and smaller at higher costs!

Then as people wised up and more people noticed there weed was tampered, some sprayed with 'BRIX' or sugar solution to make a resin look to the weed, even iron filings were added by gangs to the weed.

You could grind it up on paper, place a magnet underneath it and remove the iron to most peoples disgust.

I suppose this is why the Vietnamese owned the scene for 5-6 years while everyone gained the knowledge of doing homegrown.

This boom of home growers also had a massive input on the seed business as people wanted reliable genetics at affordable prices. Shantibaba seen this trend early on made him some ££££££.

I cant believe this shit! The worst i have seen is buds that got tumbled for hash before market.

I am so glad you UK brothers got your grow scene flourishing now! Fuck the gangs, and fuck the money. Its all about the nice buds!

bonbon

remember everyone....fertilizer is mined from rock salt, i know its called chemical or synthetic but it is processed from rocks, and just lacks a carbon atom so its not "organic"

so every grower using "chem nutes" is apart of the mining community

med-man
I've been saying that for years,but nobody believes that unless there is some sort of rendered animal by-product or feces in the mix...when they experience the aroma or flavor of a clean properly unfiltered hydro grown plant, they think they are tasting the chemicals.
organics is way overrated, i know since i began my growing outdoors on the appalachian foothills years ago..you cant get any more organic than growing on an ancient mountain slope.

Snype

Veteran
The more haters that you have, the better that you are doing! Med-man running shit!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
when they experience the aroma or flavor of a clean properly unfiltered hydro grown plant, they think they are tasting the chemicals.

I've never heard anyone describe the taste of overfed bud like that, interesting.

"This marijuana has the distinct, aromatic bouquet of a mouldy growth environment, punctuated by the musty, earthy undertone of good attic cure"

Classic Seeds

Veteran
hi med-man its not worth the time you waste answering airheads and haters. I have been played by these kinds of folks in the distant past and I just ignore them now and delete them .negative vibes just create more negativity and the fight is what they crave . its like some one takes a 7 week strain to 12 weeks then claims it hermies pointless to even get into it with people like this you just waste your time when you need to be focused on your green houses and your future aloha cls

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey classic seeds

thank you

i appreciate it

med-man

Status
Not open for further replies.