What's new

The Landrace Indica thread

B

bagseed77

just a ? ive been growing sexy mexi for years and some seem to be indica and most seem to besat dom hybrids, are there land race mexi indicas cause they get huge with gigantic colas, where does the mexi indica come from please. we get really good mexi here in the south US. these plants have huge fat leaves and get thinner when they flower.is this skunk introduced to mexi or is this pure mexi goodness, sorry no pics.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Here are 2 Mongolia x Yarkhun.

Short pheno started growing like a freak and ended up producing two main stems. Great resin production, but shown a few bananas the last week.

Tall pheno had better flower production, and resin too ! superbly resinous, great fruity flavour and strong knock-out effect. one of my favourite of this grow, was dusted with some Uzbek pollen.

Irie !

Wow!Will have to get an eye on this thread,really good one!
Mriko....Very nice those Mongolia x Yarkhun!The bananas could be for overmaturing them?Really pretty buds and structure,love them!Will be waiting also to see if you germ in the future some of the seeds produced with the Uzbek pollen.Love this things hehe

Peace!Great work and strains seen here!!

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bonecarver_OG said:
dam it MRIKO - that looks VERY tasty and exotic :D!

I 2nd that!! :)
bassickly´s,stinkyattic´s too!
That Chunkbeki Kush :D look poisonous hehe...is it potent? :chin: :D

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Thanks bros ! :wave:

Will be waiting also to see if you germ in the future some of the seeds produced with the Uzbek pollen

IF ? I sure will ! Those one above, plus the Capricho x Uzbek, and I've also dusted a sicklingly-resinous Burmese lady with same pollen, should give interesting result ! But just be patient, as I need to buy a new lamp haha !

Irie !

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
The bananas could be for overmaturing them?

hmmm, not sure, she could even have gone a few days more.

That Chunkbeki Kush look poisonous hehe...is it potent?

Can't clearly reply alas, first because I didn't gave it enough curing time for the effect to devellop, second because due to ill back I've been on painkiller for months and it sure kills the effect. But I'm sure I'll grow them again, they're so yummy !

Here some Laspur Gold x Yarkhun. Alas it suffered from mold (my stupid mistake, had closed the extraction nightime for several days due to cold temps, and often forgot to open it at morning time, doing it only at noon and finding walls dripping with water, agh ! :spank: )

I'll find a pic of complete plant later. For now I can tell it makes a perfect stealth plant for indoor as it doesn't produce the slightest hint of perfume ! you have to brush your nostrils against the flowers to perceive a little something. It of course needs a long curing (not weeks, months !) for both the effects and flavour to show up. I've kept some bud up to 10 days after drying, and only then some slight hashy-woodsy tone where starting to show up. Surprisingly, although the flowers had a good amount of resin, there was absolutely NOTHING on the bud leaves, no trichomes !

Here a small fly which have been sucked up and dried by a Burmese Indica hydra eheh, the lady have been dusted with the Uzbek and also Yarkhun.

Burmese indica again (also suffered from mold... :spank: )

Irie !

Last edited:

techattack

Raco said:
I 2nd that!! :)
bassickly´s,stinkyattic´s too!
That Chunkbeki Kush :D look poisonous hehe...is it potent? :chin: :D

Think the question is for me. it was Shocking, i got really dazed :joint:

Chunkbeki Kush 40days, 5 week:
(few shots of the same clone)

46868chunk5.JPG

46868chunk4.JPG

46868chunk3.JPG

46868chunk2.JPG

46868chunk1.JPG

46868chunk.JPG

:violin:

B

bonecarver_OG

mriko said:
hmmm, not sure, she could even have gone a few days more.

many plants in some extent get a few bananas in the end of flowering. sometimes the nanners are nonfertile. i think it is just a plants last intent to bring on the genetics.

it does in no way mean its bad smoke.

if it is a keeper pheno, its just a question of learning to find the rigth moment for harvest - i.e for example just before the nanners start showing.

a plants most psychoactive moment is not necesarilly when most people consider it "mature", that word seems to mean a bit wrongly in many cases plants going to the end of their life cycle.

main reason to let plants go untill the very end is just to bulk up on weigth.

peace

Last edited:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
ElAhrJi said:
Dry Hunza...

ElAhrJi:

Please do us the honor of a smoke report when you are ready,would you?

I really enjoy this thread,lot's of yummy pics by accomplished growers.Well done folks!

ngakpa

Veteran
bonecarver_OG said:
main reason to let plants go untill the very end is just to bulk up on weigth. but most of that weight will be CBD.

peace

peace

hey Bonecarver_OG

may I just jump in?

I know Mriko is using some landrace charas indicas - i.e. strains which should contain CBD

med users need CBD - ideally three parts CBD to 1 part THC!

but this thing you are saying about CBD developing at the end of flowering is a myth and a misconception that people really need to stop spreading --- as far as I know, the ratio of CBD to THC in a particular plant does not change during flowering cf. SamS work) --- the ratio of CBD to THC is genetically determined and will stay the same throughout flowering

traditional ganja varities (NarrowLeaflet Dominant indicas) such as Thai, Kerala etc. contain almost exclusively THC.... over many centuries seeds are retained from special strong plants, the reslut being a strong selective pressure in favour of potency

by contrast:

charas and hashish indicas have more CBD due to the nature of the selective presures created by the techniques used to create hashish and charas -- i.e. sieved or rubbed charas is created from many many different plants, with no focuse on specific plants, mixing and pooling seeds after production --- the end result is that the hashish genepool contains plants some of which are pure THC, some of which have both THC and CBD, and some which are pure CBD

you should check the more authoritative posts of SamSkunkman and POps and then follow the references they give to the most recent, up to date and authorative research on the relevance of CBD (cf. Rafael Mechoulam) in pain-relief, and the many many medical uses of CBD --- CBD would seem to be way more important than THC in medical uses

99.99% of Western drug breeds contain almost no CBD

leaving a plant late increases certain kinds of psychoactive terpenes which have a synergetic effect with THC and sometimes can produce a more sedative effect - but this is nothing to do with CBD... (I believe I am right in saying that THC can degrade to CBN which produces a more fuzzy, confused effect, but again, this is nothing to do wioth CBD)

only plants with a Bd allele procuce CBD --
consciously or unknowingly, Western breeders would select against CBD as it is a THC antagonist - it inhibits the effect of THC

most western strains contain two Bt alleles, as with most old world ganja strains, and two BT alleles = lots of THC... over centuries ganja using populations wouold tend to retain seeds from specific plants making for a greater selective presure for potency --- so the big THC strains come from places with a deep ganja culture... anywhere in the tropis basically, esp. anywhere that Indians have been (everywhere)

med users should start looking for CBD strains with Bd alleles --- eg old world hahish strains which have not been tampered with by Western breeders... these are oftern WLD charas strains, but also de any cultivars from charas regions: from Afghanistan through Pakistan, Chitral, Kashmir, to Himachal Pradesh in India in particular... once you reach Nepal you are on the brink of a more BtBt ganja region = more THC

for more context check out the work of Karl Hillig - he has done a paper on the chemotaxonomy of cannabis

above all else -- med users need CBD and most strains in the med scene in the US have no cbd at all!!!

time to introduce some CBD genetics to Americas med users --- I feel some real pain relief on the way!!!

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

hehe at first in my sleepy brain i didnt understand the post but im getting it now :D

yeah you might be right i used the term CBD a bit carelesslly.. well what i really wanted to say is;

some plants when harvested at the end of the floewring at the virtual death of the plant, is not necesarilly the most pscychoactive moment of the resin :D

im only talking out of my experience.. about potency - obviously i dont have any way of testing CBD THC etc - and i frankly dont give a *** about that.

what is important is percieved high. now many strains, can loose most of the cerebral part of the high if harvested too late. im not a scientist - im not going to speculate in why or how.

this is just my experience, im sure many other growers/smokers think the same. now if it got to do with THC CBD or BMW i dont know :D

peace all! :D

Last edited:
M

medical_shed

Yeah a lot of people wait for loads of amber trichomes on strains where they shouldn't, waiting for amber trichs is only necessary on certain phenos apparently.

Interesting quote from OT1:
High psychoactive varieties produce clear or transparent capitate heads then they turn transparent amber then slowly oxidise to brown, none translucent. This type is most psychoactive at the early amber translucent stage.

Most varieties do not have a translucent amber stage. What you get is transparent then the milky none translucent that develops over time to the oxidised none translucent brown stage. This type is most psychoactive at the early milky stage.

- oldtimer1

A quick note about psychoactivity by oldtimer1

The thing about amber trichomes, is that true amber trichomes only develop in some phenotypes and only with very high potency types!

The way to define it, is that high potency or should I say the type of plant that develops what I call complex psychoactivity, only develop with clear trichome stages, they go from glass clear to very light yellow to amber to red amber as they develop. The onset of the first red amber just showing is when the potency is at its peak.

At all these stages the trichomes are crystal clear like cut jewels! Its only as they start to degrade that they start to go brown and start to cloud ie: become none translucent this finally degrades to a dark muddy colour.

Types that go from glass clear to milky [like frosted glass]. With this type when you get 40 to 60% milky trichomes, new thc production is being produced at a lower rate than it is slowly degrading, this is the most psychoactive point for this type or variety, it will never produce true amber, instead when you get the oxidised thc starting to show, which is more of an amber brown but cloudy. With this type of var as soon as brown trichomes start appearing you know thc production is way over the top and declining rapidly, at this stage psychoactivity is also declining and the effect becomes more and more narcotic. You see this much more with genes that come from hash making type genetics or so called indicas. Its the same thing as fresh lightly pressed hash has a nice medium honey coloured look, but this very quickly starts to darken, becomes brown then black over time as the surface thc oil oxidises.

Real Amber trichomes only happen on a very few varieties (mainly sativa dominant), the order is clear, clear slightly pale yellow, ie [going amber], to clear red amber. [at all stages they remain jewel clear]

With most varieties (indica dominant) you get clear trichomes then slightly cloudy finally milky.

What happens to both types (sativa and indica) is that eventually both milky and amber trichomes will finally degrade to brown, people often confuse this brown with amber, true amber trichome types remain crystal clear until they finally degrade, they are not the same, the final brown is cloudy/muddy in both types, when trichomes are getting to this stage potency is declining rapidly and the buds well over the top.