What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE KIWI THREAD

siu 3d

saw this in the paper and the one news article...

It's Effing worrying, though if you ask me, they're still probably more interested in busting bigger grows rather than a few plants in someone's house for their own use. Though I wouldn't put it past the pigs to go so far as to try and get warrants for whoever they can get their hands on the details of really... This is the NZ police we're talking about here.

There's J day this Saturday, probably half the reason for the timing of the busts... The shit's really going to hit the fan at some point though, when people just get sick of this crap. If no one else is going to... I certainly am. It's tragic that NZ is moving away from advancing society's views on cannabis (usa, canada, holland, etc) and more towards criminalizing people who's growing probably reduced the damage to the economy through redirecting money away from gangs, rather than saved the millions of dollars quoted in the paper...

It's time something gets done about this. cannabis users and growers simply can't continue to be prosecuted for a decision that has no negative effect on society. It's just unfair.
My apologies, I hate to rant, but nothing pisses me off like this does...

nizmo

It's Effing worrying, though if you ask me, they're still probably more interested in busting bigger grows rather than a few plants in someone's house for their own use. Though I wouldn't put it past the pigs to go so far as to try and get warrants for whoever they can get their hands on the details of really... This is the NZ police we're talking about here.

Yeah and the new zealand police are honestly pretty useless. In all my dealings with them (being robbed more than once and a number of other occasions), i have found them to be pretty lazy and disorganised. Maybe that's because they are going for the bigger crimes - in which case us small personal use growers shouldn't be worried.

If you have to repeatedly hound them to do anything about a burlglary - then i highly doubt they are going to go out of their way to bust what are clearly small time personal growers (and there are thousands of them).

nizmo

saw this in the paper and the one news article...

It's Effing worrying, though if you ask me, they're still probably more interested in busting bigger grows rather than a few plants in someone's house for their own use.

Did the news article indicate that they were targeting small growers? What i read yesterday was exactly the opposite...

Expat

I'm so angry about this. By growing cannabis for me and mine, I keep money out of the hands of criminal gangs.The government should be thanking me.

nizmo

I'm so angry about this. By growing cannabis for me and mine, I keep money out of the hands of criminal gangs.The government should be thanking me.

Thats exactly what ill be telling the cops if they knock at my door... because apparently they can search houses aswell as cars without a warrant under the misuse of drugs act if they suspect you are holding drugs.

Maybe someone could confirm that...

FarmerGreen

Thats exactly what ill be telling the cops if they knock at my door... because apparently they can search houses aswell as cars without a warrant under the misuse of drugs act if they suspect you are holding drugs.

Don't say anything to the cops, they're bound to twist your words. Save it for the judge

drifter1978

hey guys,becareful they took all the harddrives from everystore which where connected to the registers,and you now the new zealand police are one of the biggest money makeing schemes in new zealand,so dont be fulled,if they can bust you and make some money off that they will,even if it takes them 6 months to get that info they will try so keep it clean guys,stay within safe limits.

and i would becareful of any internet store,because the pigs have powers to remotely access your computer information,sites,purchase,etc.

and i find it amazeing that they can spend 2 years to do all this for some pot growers yet they cant find out who killed the kahui twins,i suggest if you get arrested you change your name to kahui and youll probably get off.

just on a side note i want to tell you a story of a close friend.

i know this guy for over 10 years from work and social occassions.he has a sister who lives in timaru that he went and spent xmas with last year,and she just so happens to be married to a loacl cop.now he is a casual smoker and he didnt have any stuff with him.so he asked his sister if she could get him some.now her reply was"oh you should have asked before joe went to work he could have got you some" WTF ISNT HE A PIG

anyway she ended up txting him and he returned from work with a tinney for my mate.
now i want to know did he go to a tinney house to get it or did he take it from the evidence room.

as for the raids i got rid off everything, its just not worth it.ill let things blow over and stay safe,

can you imagine what the price of indoors is going to be because the pigs did this,they have created a massive consumer demand versus availibity = $$$ for the shit,which will leed the gangs to make more money and be more violent to get it.dumb fuks

stay safe people.stick it to the man,& grow weed

SobStory

for now anyway, the police need to give you the grounds they are invoking the misuse of drugs act on, a lot of beat cops are pretty ignorant about this , their told during training its a free pass into your pockets, but theirs got to be SOME actuall evidence of misuse, ie smell, or something in plain site, red eyes arent enough i dont think

nizmo

If they have receipts from me buying things from switched on gardiner that may count as a reason maybe?

SobStory

not neccesarily, they would need to prove it was you making the purchase or even using your card if you paid on eftpos, before they could go down that route i think

plus none of the ITEMS themselves are under any legal cloud what you bought is 100% legal then and still is now !

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Heading to NZ in December for a two month roadtrip with my wife...we met there ten years ago...

...pm me with any advice re car/van purchases...or other things ;)

I spent 14 months in NZ 1999-2001...fucking great country...Gurnard, Terakhi, Trevelli, Dory, Snapper...shit me even the Kowai was gooooood!

Ki A Ora (apologies for any spelling mistakes)

Hummus

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Sorry to hear about all these raids...shit when I was there weed was free and easy...acid too...and speed (ewwwe). Hope the home growers restore an equilibrium...

...also please don't murder the English rugby team.

keke.nz

There has been a bit of a drop of NZ users on the boards since the raids I think. I know I've been browsing but not posting replies of pictures.

Peace keke

FarmerGreen

THE KIWI THREAD

It looks like everything at sog has settled down, but I certainly haven't been back there. Such a bummer for them.
I serverly doubt it's 'broken the cornerstone of illegal drug growth' in Nz like they say. No ones going to stop growing weed, they'll just stop going to sog, just look at us.

So to that dude coming for a holiday here, you probably wont find it growing on the side of the road here, but there's more than enough of it here to stay stoned the entire time.

Anyone game enough to put up pics of this years outdoors harvest. I'd love to see some. All the raids seem to have slowed that department

nizmo

Does anyone have any tried and trusted nutes they use which can be bought here in nz which consistently provides good results (indoor soil). Theres so many out there. Ive used thrive concentrates for veg and flower but not sure if these are the best. There must be some good stuff out there but theres alot of different brands/types.

I just cant seem to get the big thick buds.