What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE KIWI THREAD

FarmerGreen

THE KIWI THREAD

I think big thick buds is more to do with how much light you've got.

I bet if you used exactly the same soil and nutes outside under the sun you'd get some fat buds

dobo

Does anyone have any tried and trusted nutes they use which can be bought here in nz which consistently provides good results (indoor soil). Theres so many out there. Ive used thrive concentrates for veg and flower but not sure if these are the best. There must be some good stuff out there but theres alot of different brands/types.

I just cant seem to get the big thick buds.

Depends on what strain you're growing mate. The strain plays a huge roll in getting "big buds", however if you're confident that your strain is a goodie, I would suggest using Headmaster, Earth Juice Bloom and Meta K also continue to use Watkins Bounty, dropping the strength back to 50% when you come into the 4 week flower timeframe to reduce the amount of nitrogen. I've been feeding my plants very small amounts 1-1/2 litres every couple of days with plain water inbetween feeds and having great results, I think they grow better because they are getting heaps of oxygen to the roots then heaps of nutrients.

Little and Often is better than More and less often in my opinion!

im_a_mod

Hey all, my mate is wanting to know the easiest/most cost effective way to set up a carbon filter or some other kind of smell reducing device?

nizmo

But i need information on nutes that are available in new zealand. We dont get foxfarm or advanced nutrients. I was looking for recommendations for stuff i can buy here.

Cheers for your advice dobo... although im confused... "dropping the strength back to 50% when you come into the 4 week flower"

Are you suggesting i use bounty through the whole flower phase? Isn't it just good for veg?

Also, you suggested a number of nutes there... which specific combinations have you had success with?

dobo

But i need information on nutes that are available in new zealand. We dont get foxfarm or advanced nutrients. I was looking for recommendations for stuff i can buy here.

Cheers for your advice dobo... although im confused... "dropping the strength back to 50% when you come into the 4 week flower"

Are you suggesting i use bounty through the whole flower phase? Isn't it just good for veg?

Also, you suggested a number of nutes there... which specific combinations have you had success with?

Each plant has its own needs but i've found that mine like to be fed bounty during veg, keeping an eye out for overdosing it on N if they start going dark green and leaves curling then you need to cut back on the N.

Once you switch to flower start using a combination of Headmaster,EJ bloom + meta K, with the headmaster start at a lower dose say 2ml per litre as the plants don't need huge amount to begin with then working up to 5ml per litre the last 2 weeks you use it (normally 4-5 weeks flower)

Meta K and Earth Juice bloom i've been feeding alternatively at 1.25ml.

The bounty i've been feeding once every say 3 feeds but as i've hit the 4 week flower mark i've dropped the strength to half the recommended dose as the plants don't need Nitrogen. Bounty is fantastic as it contains heaps of K and P so you can get some chunky buds forming.

Key to getting the most out of your plants is making sure the plant is balanced, I experimented this grow pruning some lower branches that I thought wouldn't turn out to be anything special. I pruned half this way and half I left to go just to see what would yield better, to my suprised the once that I had left and wasn't so harsh cutting back on are looking great. I think I removed too much foliage and the plant got a shock and as a result the plant isn't as efficient as if I left it.

Anyways enough talk I'll show you the pic so you can see for yourself, the closest plants = not much branch thinning, the further plants = hard pruning.These plants were veged for roughly 6 weeks from clone before switching to flower.They are in 5 weeks flower.

picture.php

dobo

Hey all, my mate is wanting to know the easiest/most cost effective way to set up a carbon filter or some other kind of smell reducing device?

All depends on your growroom setup, size, light ect.. easiest way is to create negative pressure, this means you're sucking in air through intake holes not pushing air in. Use an inline fan that will remove enough air (theres calculations you can do that on growroom design forums) have the carbon filter in your room with the fan sucking through the filter and venting outside the room. Preferably into the ceiling.

This will prevent any smell coming out of the room and stop any unwanted attention!

mars_to_uranus

Sup fellow kiwis, first post! Long time lurker here, just stopped by to ask how many of you are getting or have gotten drug tested at work?
All of my mates in the last month or two are suddenly getting piss tested at their workplaces! My foreman told us at work a couple of weeks back that we'll be expected to do a piss test soonish, props to him for giving us fair warning but it still sucksssss. Apparently there has been a law change making it legal to do now but i havn't heard anything about it. I also heard that a positive test won't get you fired right away but don't know how true that is.

Been clean for two weeks, i bought some home testing kits to make sure i'm clean before i do it for real. I usually smoke every night so it might take me up to a month to test clear if i'm unlucky...

Buncha bullshit if you ask me. Anyone got any experiences or know anything more?

kiwitoker

mars to uranus, they cant fire you immediately, first there must be intervention in the way of helping you out with your "problem", its only about the 3rd time testing positive can they actually fire you.id tell them to get fucked, if you smoke on a saturday night, you aint stoned when you turn up to work on monday, so theyre really encroaching into your PERSONAL life, id stick to that story, and id stand up for my rights, and id say FUCK YOU ... nz has gone to hell in a handbasket... LAND OF THE WRONG WHITE CROWD....

kiwitoker

and a big HIgh to everyone at icmag,esp any kiwis out there.
ive been a grasscity member for years , but am getting a bit sick of its bloat on the site l8ly, that and heaps of noobs asking stupid questions without even trying to research that shit first.
so , happy to have signed up at i.c.

good to see some pics of the beatiful local green scene.We might not have the greatest availability and variety of strains here, but we make up for it with our outright passion for the cannabis plant.

now if only our govt would wake the fuck up (like some of the population!) and decriminalize..

lol any other passionate ragers out there??

mars_to_uranus

now if only our govt would wake the fuck up (like some of the population!) and decriminalize..
I'll eat my hat if decriminalisation happens under National, hell we might not be allowed sharp knives in our kitchens soon the way things are going :mad:

An update on my drug test situation: I've been cannabis free for a little over 3 weeks now and tonight is the first time i've (just barely) passed my home drug testing kit, and that was after drinking several litres of water. Another week and i'll be confident of passing the real test. I never thought it'd take a month+ to test clean, unbelievable!

Greenmopho

THE KIWI THREAD

I love visiting family & friends in NZ. It hard to see NZ actually turning MORE conservative (just like the UK) about marijuana regulation, especially when in the USA and continental Europe, laws are finally starting to loosen up!

Kiwis, come to Colorado & California! Learn about our medical marijuana movements here! Bring some of that gusto back with you (along with some of our genetics, hehe).

Good luck Kiwis...there is a light at the end of the tunnel and the world's oppressive governments will fall one day!

S

Sad But True

Hello guys.

You can see all the latest news form New Zealand on this page, join the group to and you will be kept up to date with the court proceedings etc.
http://www.facebook.com/barackobama#...d=190191190889

Ok so the police operation is called "Operation lime"

They staked out hydro stores and then busted the stores for selling "equipment for the manufacture of drugs" along with over 100 so called "commercial grow operations".

This is all going through the courts now, some store workers are being put through the courts for selling cannabis grow guide books, they used entrapment methods to set them up.... read this one:
Police used 'sob story' in sting | Stuff.co.nz

And to read more about this operation heres some links, its off the hook.

Nationwide drug bust nets hundreds of people - Story - National - 3 News

Why raids are not OK | Stuff.co.nz

Clamping down on cannabis culture - Monkeywrenching - Environment/Sci - 3 News

Drug charges affect Switched on Gardener sales - Story - Business - 3 News

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10641508

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10649868

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10647278

Scoop: Police behind bid to ban marijuana magazine

Police want Norml magazine ban - Yahoo!Xtra News

A few good links there.

DUGG

Hello are there many kiwis out there seems to be alot of aussies about the place! (not that i have anything against that) ..... any kiwis successfully used seedbay? what strains are floating around nz anything a bit differant?

DUGG

Chronito

Sup Kiwis Booyaaa!

Ive been reading these forums for ages and needed to post to hopefully get some good advice from fellow kiwis about seeds..

So i wana bring some seeds in.. can somebody recommend me some reputable seed banks that have safely delivered to them in NZ. Also whats the best way to pay? send cash? or prepaid credit card (if that even works?)

Any advice with this would be much appreciated so i can get my little garden cranking!

thanks in advance
chronito

OvergrowingKiwi

Whats up everybody!!!!

I went under the username new_zealand back on overgrow and started the original thread that inspired this one back in 2002. It's great to be back :)

Really good to so many kiwis around it has been a few years :p
What happened with SOG is a bummer but we can't let it slow us down.
Be smart pay cash..Get a close friend to drive you there..careful with your grow waste.. take every possible precaution to remain unknown to the police. Don't give them the slightest chance to gather evidence against you.

I've visited SOG since the busts and everything is fine. The staff seem a little on edge but they are as helpful as ever.

Dam it feels good to be part of the online cannabis community again :) good luck and good health to all of you :)

Sup Kiwis Booyaaa!

Ive been reading these forums for ages and needed to post to hopefully get some good advice from fellow kiwis about seeds..

So i wana bring some seeds in.. can somebody recommend me some reputable seed banks that have safely delivered to them in NZ. Also whats the best way to pay? send cash? or prepaid credit card (if that even works?)

Any advice with this would be much appreciated so i can get my little garden cranking!

thanks in advance
chronito

Hey champ, well I'm in the same boat. I've got some bagseeds here but I don't really want to start them and find out its a dud. Lots seem to praise seed boutique but nobody has confirmed if they've got seeds in through them. Apparently our customs has new xray systems that measure the atomic masses or some shit. Really high tech.

I'm probably going to try get some seeds through from seed boutique at some point. You pay by either doing Western Union (costs $40 tho) or send US$ to them in England.

Else, if anyone here have quality seeds or clones they're willing to part with for some monetary compensation I'd be happy to chat through PM. Would be ideal to have some pics of their potential.

p.s tell me if the above bit shouldnt be here.

ajw22

Yeah NZ customs do have new machines, they are called ion scanners I think. I have been snapped importing seeds into NZ. I have never used seed boutique so I don't know if its safe for kiwis. Have a search on the NZ norml forum, lots of people recommend one site but I don't know if I am allowed to post a link here.

You mean Attitude Seedbank in the UK? They've stopped shipping to NZ.

Basically, like I said before, if anyone in NZ has qual seeds they'd be willing to pass on then let me know lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts