What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

smoooth

Just picked up my maxibloom the other day for $15 bucks. Have a pretty good relationship with the Hydrostore an one of the employees is a friend of mine who hooked it up with free small bottle of calimagic incase I need it.
Just need to get my pH tester and some pH up and down.
Got my little aquamist system set up for a small closet grow on the side. Will get pics up as soon as I get everything else and my clones are ready. Probably gonna run romulan.

Applesauce

7g/gal gives me a ppm of 1050ish with 150 ppm tap. I end up with badly burnt tips if I don't mix the solution up enough and it never seems to be mixed adequately. I love the stuff but that keeps it from being a perfect nute system in my opinion. Wonder if GH would be receptive to fixing the water soluble issue.

Green lung

Veteran
7g/gal gives me a ppm of 1050ish with 150 ppm tap. I end up with badly burnt tips if I don't mix the solution up enough and it never seems to be mixed adequately. I love the stuff but that keeps it from being a perfect nute system in my opinion. Wonder if GH would be receptive to fixing the water soluble issue.

Cut it back some.

7g is a general rule if your plants are burnin with that cut it back some.

Different strains react differently I have some strains that are sensitive to nutes and others that take whatever you throw at them.

Give them plain water if need be.

Applesauce

Yes I know. I am saying I notice tip burn even on my heavy feeders if I can't get the mix to dissolve properly. I am not sure if the residue is a by product of the mixing process as I've tried every temp and method and it still doesn't fully mix most times.

I have thought that the tip burn might be a calcium issue due to whatever the residue is (calcium?) and not actual burn but I am unsure.

paperchaser825

Yes I know. I am saying I notice tip burn even on my heavy feeders if I can't get the mix to dissolve properly. I am not sure if the residue is a by product of the mixing process as I've tried every temp and method and it still doesn't fully mix most times.

I have thought that the tip burn might be a calcium issue due to whatever the residue is (calcium?) and not actual burn but I am unsure.

Have you had an analysis done on your tap water? Could be very revealing. Not likely, but for all you know, that could be 150ppm of chlorine or fluoride or what-have-you. Point is, if you get the test done, there are no questions as to if there is anything in your water that is causing your problems.

blissfest

I use a blender, works great.

smoooth

Gave some of my plants a dose of maxibloom last night. Gave them about 1/2 strength since they are in soil(roots greenfields) they seem to have eaten it up.now I Feel like I could have given them more:/ but I'm glad they like it! Cause I like the price lol

I mixed it up in a gallon milk jug. Let it sit, shook it up, let it sit etc. and it all dissolved after about an hour.

Z

Ziggaro

Hey I ran my last at half strength every water because I am in soil. Not bad at all but could be better
They love me more now that I'm using full strength, but I usually use plain water every third time since I do start to see some very mild tip burn.

smoooth

Hey I ran my last at half strength every water because I am in soil. Not bad at all but could be better
They love me more now that I'm using full strength, but I usually use plain water every third time since I do start to see some very mild tip burn.

Hey thanks for the info. That's what i was thinking, up the strength but do feed/feed/water. Maybe I'll go just under full strength. Are you doing the 7g/gallon or just 1 tsp?

S

Sphongle

whats up all! i orderded some maxi bloom and i live here in sweden. it costed me 240US i think with tull taxes and shit for a 16LBS...daaamn, worth it? IDK, i just want my plants to look great. but hey who doesnt ? :D anyone know something that is in EU simmular to maxi? PEace

rafe

help?

help?

Can someone help me start a new thread. I have a brain injury and sometimes I blank on easy thing I have done before.

rafe

Well I'm going to do this and if it out of the norm forgive me. During the middle 70's there were a load of Thai sticks to be had. They were from heaven to smoke, such a elegant taste and the high was a bit too much for some people. Is any one growing Thai strains pure or hybrids? I would like to know where you got the beans. Thanks and happy growing.

someotherguy

Veteran
Can someone help me start a new thread. I have a brain injury and sometimes I blank on easy thing I have done before.

high rafe, what you do is to click on the button up top that say's 'forums which brings you to a page that lists all of the different forums here at the Mag and from this list you choose which forum you want to start your new thread and click the link to that forum.

once you click on that link it will take you to the forum you have chosen where you will see the list of threads in that forum and at the top left of that list you will see a button that says's 'start a new thread', click on that button and you can begin your new thread.

peace, and good luck, SOG

Tyga

Veteran
Curious I notice a lot of people saying to add cal-mag if your using R/O or filtered water, but if you have tap chances are there is enough in there as it is? I plan on running Maxibloom outdoors and will be collecting rain water/ water from a nearby lake... Do you guys think I will need to supplement my rez with some extra cal-mag? If so what kind of doses are you guys using.

G

Guest 18340

Curious I notice a lot of people saying to add cal-mag if your using R/O or filtered water, but if you have tap chances are there is enough in there as it is? I plan on running Maxibloom outdoors and will be collecting rain water/ water from a nearby lake... Do you guys think I will need to supplement my rez with some extra cal-mag? If so what kind of doses are you guys using.
Usually, your tap water will have all the cal-mag you'll need. The only way to tell for sure thoug is to have your water tested, go to the website of your water provider or just give it a try an see if you get any cal/mag defs:biggrin:

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I ran RO for about a month and then switched back to tap and I didn't add CalMag. I figure the plants will show if there is a def and I will start adding it then but has not happened yet.

Yuno.Who

Yeah man, if you're using tap water, there is plenty cal/mag in the water already....I should say usually lol.

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Maxi bloom is the shiznit. I was using tap and 7/g per gal in coco. Every once in awhile I fed them calmag. Imo I don't think its needed every watering but its good idea to keep it on deck.