What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Tyga

Veteran
Ya but my question is if im using rain water along with water from a lake. Will this containany cal-mag? Or will i have to supplement it

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Without testing the water it is hard to say but I would run it without the cal mag and watch for deficiencies, if you see them starting then add cal mag but that is just me.

G

Guest 88950

^^^^^do as Major suggests unless you test your lake water.

rain h2o should be 0 ppm...clean

so it depends on the lake and its source of h2o.

Yuno.Who

sorry man, I totally missed your ACTUAL question. ....I would say do exactly as Maj. said, best way to figure it out IMO.

G

Guest 88950

troll elsewhere.............i think people suggested to test to know what is in your water, not just take a PPM reading.

perhaps you could offer help when you see wrong info.......or maybe not.

Yuno.Who

Maybe I worded something wrong.....:confused:
When I said that "there is usually enough cal/mag" in your tap water, I wasn't talking about the GH product or calmagic or any store bought additive rather than just the chemical elements, Calcium and Magnesium.

When I said that "there is usually enough cal/mag" in your tap water, I wasn't talking about the GH product or calmagic or any store bought additive rather than just the chemical elements, Calcium and Magnesium.

none of that is aimed at you man, don't worry, these guy's will let you know if you step out of line, lol.

peace, SOG

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran

Everyone knew what you meant. That guy is just a troll.. I've seen him in several threads being a dink...

mgk :tiphat:

Everyone knew what you meant. That guy is just a troll.. I've seen him in several threads being a dink...

thanks man, i knew he wasn't your target as i have also seen the dink in question so i knew who it was that was being chided.

...i care because YW is a new grower and sincere in his desire to learn and i know this because i know him in the real world so i've seen first hand how much he wants what we have.

...so thanks again, for your assistance and your reassurance, ...it's best he hear from guy's like you and Maj. C and evlme2 and not just me as i'm still larnin' meself, lol.

peace, SOG

Yuno.Who

:laughing: lol at dink.

Thanks for the reassurance guys, my comment was actually directed to him.

SOG, thanks for the kind words. and everyone else who has been nothing but helpful to me. Truth is I'm just a guy who is blessed to have experienced growers around and this wonderful forum to study from.

But....let's get back to the topic at hand, no?

Wouldn't water from that lake, technically be rain water anyways? You should do just fine man. Take Maj.'s advice and experiment with your water source. And if you're planting straight into the ground, I think (not a soil guy) the plant will be able to get the cal and Mg from the dirt man.

im just hear to say u guys win!!!!!!!!!! I just bought another bottle of the mirco series bloom to go with my remaining two inches of liquid left in my mirco.. well what a bitch it is to deal with two bottles, the spills, the diff ratios,, it isnt a big deal but when u think about it daily for life it just something im not going to do, . and im not kidding in the slightest, im grabing maxi bloom next go n prob the veg also and calling it quits on the fert game, i could give two shits about it all, just want ease with no mess whatsoever. i went flb kiss method n also pbp , too much work and it should be called the make out method.

paperchaser825

well what a bitch it is to deal with two bottles, the spills, the diff ratios

Not to take away from the Maxi in any way, but if you are in the possession of some liquids, and you are looking to minimize your mess, try fitting all of your bottles with plastic jug bottle pumps. Makes a large difference even when measuring.

That being said...it is surely hard to beat buying a measuring cup, marking the amount of Maxi needed (by first weighing out the desired amount), and plopping it in a reservoir being mixed with pumps. Tis the method we use. :ying:

I moved from Maxi and Cal Mag to CNS17 and can't say yet what im prefering but i can say my resevoir has gotten slime now tewice and im not too happy about that. never happened with the MAxi.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I would not use a premeasured device for the Maxi because it has the same problem as the teaspoon method and that is that it will not be consistent. I have a graduated cylinder I was using to measure my Maxi when I was doing hydro and I had picked it up to check it and set it back down a little hard and it dropped by about 4 teaspoons because it packed down. What I do now is break out the scale and do a bunch of doses at once. I mix 5 gallons at time so I weigh out 35 grams into a prescription bottle and I have saved up about 12 so far. I want to get enough bottles to hold an entire bag of Maxi so I just do it all at once and it is easy to see how many doses I have left.

Yuno.Who

^^^ That is a great idea. I hate breaking out the scale every time I feed. I only mix up a couple gallons at a time now, using such small containers, but even if I find a way to ration out the doses for me so I can just grab and go that would make it so much better.