What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Hey KISS people.
Im too lazy to read the whole thread so i stopped at pg 25. But i am wondering if running this method in coco with my crazy 600 ppm tap is possible with good results. I can post up my water analysis if needed....

Stay Safe

Tyga

Veteran
So pretty much weigh out 7 grams of maxi bloom, and dissolve it into your water and then PH? And most people suggest to use tap over RO? I see some people adding cal-mag and other additives... are they necessary or just personal preference? Just asking because i'm on my way to the hydro shop and don't want to take any more trips then needed!

someotherguy

Veteran
So pretty much weigh out 7 grams of maxi bloom, and dissolve it into your water and then PH? And most people suggest to use tap over RO? I see some people adding cal-mag and other additives... are they necessary or just personal preference? Just asking because i'm on my way to the hydro shop and don't want to take any more trips then needed!

as a rule of thumb with most municipal water supplys you can figure you won't need any cal/mag as the tap water should already contain enough, ...with RO water you will definately need to add either cal/mag or epsom salts.

as for additives, i would suggest you use either Protekt or Silica Blast as a ph up adjuster because it not only adjusts your ph, it also adds silica which makes for stronger, healthier plants, ...some say more potent as well but i've not been growing K.I.S.S. style long enough to have noticed yet.

...another additive i'd suggest you buy after you run a couple cycles is KoolBloom which is a PK boost for flowering and i suggest waiting for a couple of cycles so you can get familiar with how your plants perform with the MaxiBloom alone, ...then when you apply the KoolBloom you'll know one way or another whether it's worth the cake and the trouble, ...some say it is and some say it ain't, ...i personally can't say YET as i'm still new as i said, plus, i'm setting up a new op in a new crib so it's been 3 months since i had anything in flower.

...you don't mention which STYLE of grow but i'd recommend coco hempy buckets to give you the ease of use of soil while giving you the performance of hydro, ...with the ancillary benefit of being passive so no power needed for pumps and such.

anyway, good luck, SOG

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I've been growing my same plant for about 3 years now. (All plants are clones of the original from seed plant, 3 years ago.)

When I started using silica, I noticed this:

plants without silica would start to wilt after a couple days of not being watered.

plants that had been fed silica could go a week or more without being watered without any wilting.

(I do not recommend you do this to your plants, btw.)

Start giving your plants silica and you will not have to wonder if it is making a difference. Next time you go to cut a clone or do some hurd cracking, you'll know where the silica went.

Also, I noticed a MAJOR difference between using a tsp of maxi per gallon and measuring out 7g per gallon of maxi (as recommended hundreds of times throughout this thread). I had stopped measuring because my scale was broke and so was my wallet. Once I got my scale back, I started weighing it out.

I'm gonna try adding in koolbloom at the end of this flowering, so I can't speak on that.

Maxi @ 7g per gallon and Silica at 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per gallon. (Add silica first, because it can bind other nutes and cause them to fall out of suspension if added after the maxi, per the bottle instructions.)

Tyga

Veteran
Will this work good for soil also? Im running fox farm ocean forest with blumat's. Sick of botanicare line -.-

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Who found my post so unhelpful?

Stay Safe

click on MY IC and look, I assume it shows neg repper.

It doesn't. It shows neg rep if someone uses the scales, but if they find the post unhelpful, they get to do it in complete anonymity.

My guess is that someone didn't like that you said you couldn't be bothered to read it, so please give me the answer.

If you HAD bothered to read it, you'd know that that has already happened about 50 times throughout the thread, and that the last one was about a week ago. :)

That being said, I didn't do it.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just took a Monster Clone cutting this morning from the lowest branches. I was taken aback at how hard they were. 3 hours later I read this:

When I started using silica, I noticed this:

plants without silica would start to wilt after a couple days of not being watered.

plants that had been fed silica could go a week or more without being watered without any wilting. (I do not recommend you do this to your plants, btw.)

Start giving your plants silica and you will not have to wonder if it is making a difference. Next time you go to cut a clone or do some hurd cracking, you'll know where the silica went.

So yeah a tangible benefit

Tyga

Veteran
For those running coco hempy buckets.... I know your using either hydroton or perlite in the bottom of the container but do you guys reccomend to fill the rest with straight coco? Or a coco perlite mix?

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
It doesn't. It shows neg rep if someone uses the scales, but if they find the post unhelpful, they get to do it in complete anonymity.

My guess is that someone didn't like that you said you couldn't be bothered to read it, so please give me the answer.

If you HAD bothered to read it, you'd know that that has already happened about 50 times throughout the thread, and that the last one was about a week ago. :)

That being said, I didn't do it.

Kinda figured. The one time i dont read a 100+ pg thread to find my answer, somebody gives me shit about it. Oh well...
I tried looking it up but only found a few vague comments about mixing tap and ro. So ill take that as a no to using straight 600 ppm tap.

Stay Safe

Yuno.Who

For those running coco hempy buckets.... I know your using either hydroton or perlite in the bottom of the container but do you guys reccomend to fill the rest with straight coco? Or a coco perlite mix?

I prefer to fill the rest with straight coco.

But, you can use a coco/perlite mix as well. IMHO, coco is already very aerated, and dries up pretty quick. So if you have a coco/perlite mix, in any ratio, it will have even more breathing space. More frequent waterings =/ but im not sure if I would say that's a bad thing. I'm just lazy lol.