What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
When I was hand watering all of my nutes were mixed in either a 1 gallon plastic milk jug or a 5 gallon water jug and as the previous poster said they all come in plastic bottles so I am not sure where the idea that it is bad came from.

caioleitao

I don't see why you can't mix in plastic jars. If I need to do a small hand watering I mix 1 gal at a time in plastic ice tea jugs.
Hell, the chemistry comes in plastic jars.

Has something in this thread lead you to believe that plastic is bad?
pag. 01

Fill Mason Jar half full of hot water (Glass not plastic!)

firehound

Off Gassing Plastics

Off Gassing Plastics

:artist: PTFE<PTE are some of the types of plastics used these days,Usually acompanied by the recycle triangle. Plastic is fine to use to water plants with IMO. The warning that is associated with plastics is mostly if heated in micro-wave..therefore heating up de-stabilizing the resins used in the plastic forming process. Changing the molecular structure slightly allowing certain chemicals to be exchanged with the liquids contained within...what ever that might be. In our case NUTES. my:microwave::clover:

firehound

My New COCO

My New COCO

Since reading this thread with all the needed info. I am tring coco from the get-go. Along side my use of pro-mix FFOF mix. The soil side is if i kill my coco attempt at growing.Im leaving no chance of killing off my high $$$ Seed purchase Same clones in both mediums, will be using MB all the way. On both sides Soil and Coco after i get roots.1-2 litre pots, llimited grow ceiling, 6-9 pots lst'd under 600w lumatek high par,250w cfl grow bulb 6500k, 6 inch fan and filter,passive intake. grow area is 5x6 give or take a bit, Mylar on walls.! air-cooled hood for the 600w,the 250w is 2nd heat source....basement is cool in winter. Will be growing out :Cal.trainwreck,chemdog,white indica,bubblicious,rks,sour cream. Using plastic milk jugs, 5gal (plastic)bucket, to mix nutes in. All Is Good i hope lol ....THanks IONI<EVL2ME, and others in this trhread.Feel free to offer suggestions ICM im not shy. Here i go in coco, reading for a least 2 weeks all coco threads....time to dive in:grouphug::plant grow: Firehound:

Ioni Botani

pag. 01

Fill Mason Jar half full of hot water (Glass not plastic!)

.....therefore heating up de-stabilizing the resins used in the plastic forming process. Changing the molecular structure slightly allowing certain chemicals to be exchanged with the liquids contained within...what ever that might be. In our case NUTES.
clover.gif

It is not recommended to use plastics with any hot liquids when ingestion is the end result.

:peacock:

Leaching is a major issue with living organisms and should be duly noted.

Study: Even “BPA-Free” Plastics Leach Endrocrine-Disrupting Chemicals

However, for those of you not using hot water...
Plastic away!

Watch your coffee, too. YUCK!
:coffee:

(Otherwise ya might be visiting the Hash Oil Cures Cancer thread, next!!)

Gonna kive the kiss method a go on a plant or two. After mixing some up with the hot water, I still had the sediment after some lengthy shaking sessions. I call GH and ask them if they recommend any specific way of mixing the stuff. The "tech" said to just throw it in the res and mix well. There is always going to be some undisolved particles she says. I asked if she knew what exactly wasn`t disolving and said yes, followed by silence... I`m sitting there like a dumb ass and finally asked well what is it? With an attitude she says it`s just excess buffering agent and not to worry about it. I got the feeling they didn`t want to talk about their least profitable product!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Gonna kive the kiss method a go on a plant or two. After mixing some up with the hot water, I still had the sediment after some lengthy shaking sessions. I call GH and ask them if they recommend any specific way of mixing the stuff. The "tech" said to just throw it in the res and mix well. There is always going to be some undisolved particles she says. I asked if she knew what exactly wasn`t disolving and said yes, followed by silence... I`m sitting there like a dumb ass and finally asked well what is it? With an attitude she says it`s just excess buffering agent and not to worry about it. I got the feeling they didn`t want to talk about their least profitable product!

Skip the hot water next time... no need to shake it up. Just stir and let it sit for an hour or so... problem solved.

As for what it is that takes a minute to dissolve... IME it's mainly calcium. Plants watered right away when the sediment is still present will have a bit weaker/rubberier stems a few days later at the next watering.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Yep, just like Hydro said..I just use warm water from the tap, shake it a little. Let it sit and I've never had any visible particles in my solution.

VAtransplant

Heh, as a few others have said, I always have a tiny amount of sediment on the bottom of my jar after a minute of shaking. I noticed it was the same amount whether I used 50* tap water or extremely hot... so, I just started using the cold tap. I have a fairly strong mixing pump in my reservoir that I run while I fiddle around and pH stuff, then it goes to 15 minutes on every 3 hours. Never see any trace of the sediment after I initially dump the jar in and my blumat drippers never clog. I also can start to adjust the pH of my solution 20 seconds after I dump in the maxi and it doesn't swing over the next hour like I'd assume it would if stuff was still significantly dissolving.

I did use 2ml of pH Up by AN today to preserve my silica and damn did I regret that. 5 gal of water, 35 grams maxi, 5ml Protekt, 10ml Cal-mag - left me at 5.3. Two freakin ml of pH up and I was at 6.5, DOH

Ioni Botani

Yes, as stated in previous pages, heat wasn't much of a factor, rather duration of soak and intensity of shake.

If ya can, think ahead enough to mix an hour early.

While hand watering, I would make a whole 5 gal bucket and it would last a day or two, no air stone needed.

:D

Ion1

down2grow

Have any of you guys noticed that maxibloom is a little bit more fine and pink in color? It almost looks like koolbloom now. It also mixes easier.

D2G

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
I love the pink koolaid mix :) nice and sour.

Lol naw but the stuff is great. I switched over to coco and it looks like I have mg deficiency. Anyone care to chime in?:thank you:

Attachments

• 2012-03-20 19.27.29.jpg
    2012-03-20 19.27.29.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 2012-03-20 19.27.10.jpg
    2012-03-20 19.27.10.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 11

Jbonez

Veteran
coco and maxibloom.... (1 gram epsom salt if cal or mg def shows up, strain dependant, Im running nine different plants and have no issues)

Ill challenge any growers with this combo, it just works...

TripleDraw27

Veteran
coco and maxibloom.... (1 gram epsom salt if cal or mg def shows up, strain dependant, Im running nine different plants and have no issues)

I agree man, I'm using maxi for last few cycles and " I'm loving it".
I sort of see it like..you got the average golfer who gets all geared up, buys the shit out of everything gimmicky , and then you got the other average guy with his dads old clubs, who hits it perfectly down the fairway. And the " geared up dude", needs weeks to dial his " new swing", from his golf channel lesson of the week.

Never underestimate a 2 iron, but you got these turds buying 400 dollar utility clubs cause they are told they are the best.

Simple = less bullshit in the way
Geared golf nerd/ Or 16 bottles of shit nutrients guy = more time to learn and fucking things up lol.

Jbonez

Veteran
I agree man, I'm using maxi for last few cycles and " I'm loving it".
I sort of see it like..you got the average golfer who gets all geared up, buys the shit out of everything gimmicky , and then you got the other average guy with his dads old clubs, who hits it perfectly down the fairway. And the " geared up dude", needs weeks to dial his " new swing", from his golf channel lesson of the week.

Never underestimate a 2 iron, but you got these turds buying 400 dollar utility clubs cause they are told they are the best.

Simple = less bullshit in the way
Geared golf nerd/ Or 16 bottles of shit nutrients guy = more time to learn and fucking things up lol.

True grower! you just cant convince the young cats tho, Ive tried.

G

greenmatter

epsom salts for a Cal problem??? what am i missing here?

i thought epsom salts was magnesium sulphate.

Latest posts

Latest posts