What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
So I went out bought a bale of bonticare cocogro. I added 5gal of perlite to it and it filled up 24 gallons or almost 8 3gal bags lol not bad.. thanks guys for the suggestion :)

So if you water everyday how much do you give them? I can't imagine its much. It sounds like drip system with drain to waste would be perfect

One thing I think you'll find difficult, a lot of dirt growers do, is to cast off the way you think about growing in dirt when you switch to coco. Many people can't shake the 'wet-dry' cycle that you put plant thru when growing in dirt. With coco, you want to water and feed every day. A lot of people get all caught up in reading the pH of the runnoff etc.. don't do it.. it don't matter. Just keep in mind that you've switched to a Hydroponic type of growing that only looks like dirt. If you go at coco as tho you're just switching to a different kind of dirt, you'll have a miserable time and your learning curve will be much longer than needed. There are a couple threads that I found very helpful in running coco. One is the 'Handwatering coco' thread.. there's another one something like 'greatfulhead goes coco'. I've run both House and Garden as well as General Hydroponics nute lines. I'm currently running GH via the Lucas Formula and it's working great. A lot of people over complicate growing in coco and that makes it worse instead of better. The KISS method should work great in coco. Good luck..

mgk :tiphat:

theres alot to be said about this but lets face facts, who grows in dirt? even the organi guys are growing in peat, perlite, coco, stones, etc. so again for the most part u treat it like most modern indoor soil mixes u just water it a little more, now im not disagreeing with the water water water thing, its does work n keeps your plants safe from salt buildup but ive noticed little differance in constant watering verseus just watering slightly more then u would say in a very breatable soil mix. the one size fits all for coco is just that a one size fits all but if u know what your doing then feeding watering daily with shit tons of run of becomes unecessary and youll see tons of no run off or bottom fed coco grows were the results were all the same anways.

caioleitao

excuse me guys... i was reading this topic and wondering if maxibloom would work on shunshine #4 + perlite ??? i use shunshine+perlite outdoor with AN nutes and was thinking about switching to floranova, but after reading this i think i can use the maxibloom...what do you say???

ohh.. and 1 more question, does silica blast works for raising ph??

( im from brazil and ferts are quite expensive for me, thats why i need your help)

sorry about my english!

thnks!!!!

G

Guest 18340

You can use Maxibloom with ANY medium :)
I don't use silica though so can't help ya there.

G

Guest 88950

...ohh.. and 1 more question, does silica blast works for raising ph??

( im from brazil and ferts are quite expensive for me, thats why i need your help)

sorry about my english!

thnks!!!!

yes, silica blast WILL raise your ph.

i use tap and when i add silica @ 1ml per galllon h2o my PH will raise by 1.0 point.

i have silica blast for when i need to raise my ph......+ it is beneficial to root develement and overall health of the plant.

Been using rezipe 6/9 and a splash of protekt silica... Maxi bloom up next/on deck!

I'm thinking if ya don't overwater, and have a reasonable ph, most of this shit will shine!

Peace homies

youcallmenny

Another convert to the Maxibloom cause checking in. I just started my first perpetual garden and this will be my nute choice. Thanks everyone, awesome thread!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I use ph down to lower my ph. Approximately 1/4 tsp per gallon to lower ph by 1 point. (ymmv.)

caioleitao

thank you guys!

my next go will be Maxibloom and Dry kool bloom in Sunshine #4 + perlite, outdoor.

Strain Cinderella 99 bx-1 Mosca Seeds

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
What do you use if you need to lower your pH?

mgk:tiphat:

AN liquid pH down.

If you're doing small amounts of nutes at a time.... get a 4$ dropper bottle from the pharmacy. I use 3 droppers full of pH down in the bottle and then fill it the rest of the way with R/O water.

Any time I need pH down... it's just a dropper full, or more, away. Diluting it makes it Sooooo much easier to pH down a 1-gal jug. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

G

Guest 88950

i use GH ph down when i need but my tap + 1tsp maxi = 5.9 - 6.0

when i get near the end ill reduce my nutes and then i will add ph down and for my girls in soil i add silica to raise ph to 6.5 - 6.8.

caioleitao

im thinking about using a bloom booster in the first weeks of flowering
do you guys recommend any that goes nice with maxibloom??

or u think that would be useless??

maxibloom, silica and water

I don't see why you can't mix in plastic jars. If I need to do a small hand watering I mix 1 gal at a time in plastic ice tea jugs.
Hell, the chemistry comes in plastic jars.

Has something in this thread lead you to believe that plastic is bad?