What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Green lung

Veteran
I take a 5 gallon bucket of tap water, add about I big scoop maxibloom and than and a couple of smaller scoops for good measure, IDK sometimes I add only water, other times I'll just add a little scoop........grams:dunno:

Seems to work out fine
:joint:KISS

picture.php

heatherlonglee

Experienced growers won't be reading this thread that much, also the incorrect info won't hurt them that much agreed. Now for newbies trying to get a start and looking for good solid info this tread is useless until corrected. This threadis to long and so many post from different members is wrong. Really no good way to get the word out that hundreds of posts have wrong info on them. Post correct info before you fall in love with a thread. It's mostly wrong, and just can't be easily understood by a newbie just looking in. It's not a thread worth reading through. I read most and I'm annoyed that the info was misleading, redundant, circular, and just plain wrong.

G

Guest 18340

The only thing wrong was to assume that all teaspoons measure/weigh the same.
We know now that they do not.
It has been stated throughout this thread that @7 grams/gal it is the approx Lucas formula, which is correct. So please don't discredit the whole thread.
Also, apparently GH is wrong as well. Their green tsp weigh's out to 5.7 grams, two of us got the same weight, and dgr went as far as weighing with water using their green spoon and got an average of 6 grams.
The majority of people have success with whatever teaspoon they are using.
If you don't like the thread and find no merit in it then why keep posting in it?
We're just going in circles now.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Experienced growers won't be reading this thread that much, also the incorrect info won't hurt them that much agreed. Now for newbies trying to get a start and looking for good solid info this tread is useless until corrected. This threadis to long and so many post from different members is wrong. Really no good way to get the word out that hundreds of posts have wrong info on them. Post correct info before you fall in love with a thread. It's mostly wrong, and just can't be easily understood by a newbie just looking in. It's not a thread worth reading through. I read most and I'm annoyed that the info was misleading, redundant, circular, and just plain wrong.

Guess I've been doing it wrong all this while then :D

I can't imagine what type of person would get hung up on such a minor detail. :dunno:

Half of the guys in my social group use this method, never heard one make mention that the calibration on the teaspoon that came in the package :laughing: guess we were just too busy actually growing.

Want to make bread?

Ask a baker :tiphat:

lol

Peace,

SSM :joint:

heatherlonglee

The reason I keep posting is because I want real solid info for all. I'm annoyed at how much incorrect info is kept up to confuse more people. On page 4 original poster and evlme2 both say 1tsp is 7 grams of Maxi Bloom. If were going to recommend only one product for a entire grow lets get the amounts correct, understood easily and correctly. The good solid info right next to the wrong info (from same members) makes it harder to decipher.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Lets let it go, so we dont get this thread bin.....Way to much good info to lose over nothing.

G

Guest 18340

This thread won't get binned, don't worry.
heatherlinglee, would it make you feel better if i go to the first post and edit in a warning?
Consider it done.

heatherlonglee

Much good info to loose. Why not just correct the first few pages and maybe a little note saying specifically what the problem was and why changed posts. I know this would be some trouble but it's what needs to be done. Evlme? Your a mod how would you feel about fixing the first couple of posts?

G

Guest 18340

It's been a long day today so tomorrow I will edit more post, the first post was edited in big red letters. Also edited my post on page 4.
If you find posts that you feel need editing, please let me know.
It's no trouble at all to edit posts. Thats part of being a mod.
We all want as clear/concise info as possible.

Last edited:

tester

There is also a difference between imperial (UK) and US teaspoons.
According to the google calculator:

1 Imperial (UK) teaspoon = 5.92 milliliters
1 US teaspoon = 4.93 milliliters

dgr

Lol. That's great tester! You mean a tsp ISN'T 5 ml? Oh snap!

Now, can we discuss gallons (Imperial or not) and, most importantly, how are they being measured? It is my position that the only accurate way to measure gallons is with a vertical pipe of specific, minimal inside diameter and a very accurate pressure gauge. Of course the pipe must be completely rigid so the wall thickness will need to be approximately infinity. Any other way is wrong, misleading and prone to error.

come on, just having a little fun.

RicoT

I'm definitely seeing some deficiency mid-flower with a different, more plain, peat based mix. Looks to be Cal-Mag... And only on the bigger plants that were directly under my light until a few days ago. So this COULD be exaggerated by slight bleaching, but not really. I'll get a pic up in a minute.

Plants in the front are most noticeable in deficiency. They were closer to the light, but I doubt this had any effect.

Morning evlme2,
I just wanted to thank you for bringing alot of good information to alot of folks. My first ever grow looks spectacular thanks to the info on this thread.
And as for me I try not to sweat the small stuff as life is too damn short as it is.
Cheers,
bruce

G

Guest 18340

Thanks bruceinpacifica.
It was completely my fault to assume than all tsp's weigh out the same, when in fact they don't.
I spoke to the OP on the phone yesterday and asked his thoughts. He assured me that the spoon he uses also weighed out to 7 grams. But also said that the green spoon in the bag never weighs out to 7 grams for him, more like 5.5-6 so he stopped using it.
GH says their spoon is 5 grams, yet it consistently weighs out to 5.7. I musta weighed and reweighed 10X's yesterday, and every reading with that green spoon was 5.7 on the dot.
Go figure...

mg75

maxibloom (and other dry fertilizers) will absorb moisture from the air and/or from water splashing/dripping unto it. that will make it heavier.
i have a container that was not sealed, sitting in the basement which is like a solid rock due to moisture getting in. i have to literally chisel it.

perhaps, dividing maxibloom into "sachets" when you first open it will help. for example, if you constantly mix 5 gallons of water/feed at a time, then make 5x7g ziplock bags ready to use. just a thought.