What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

HOUSTON * WE HAVE A PROBLEM *

HOUSTON * WE HAVE A PROBLEM *

This is my first ever grow & I see a height problem several weeks down the road.
The strain is AK-47 & I was under the impression that the plants would grow short & bushy . The opposite is true. Silly me.
After a 30 day veg. I flipped them on the 18th of last month which puts me 2 weeks into flower, on a 53 to 63 day flowering schedule.
Current height is 34 inches for 7 plants.
Currently I’m watering everyday with 32 oz. & I feed every watering with MaxiBloom. I’m using ‘The Kiss’ method which can be found on this forum,
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645&highlight=kiss

I didn’t top or train in any fashion, just let them grow. I have an 8 ft. ceiling with about 80 inches of usable space due to a light mover.
Any suggestions out there folks? Besides, next time pay more attention, I think I’ve got that one down. Lol.
Cheers & Many Thanks,:thank you:
bruce

T

thesloppy

You should be absolutely fine Bruce. Plants don't stretch for the entirety of the bloom period, and they slow down significantly once they start to show some buds. AK-47 is a particularly early finisher, and she should stop stretching in a week or two at the very most, if you're already past two weeks into flower. It sounds like you've got 3 foot tall plants, that still have 4 feet of space to grow into, right? No sweat. Let's just say the next indoor 7-foot tall AK-47 you grow would likely be the first one ever.

Morning sloppy,
Thanks for the reassurance. I figured worse case senario I could pull them earlier than I wanted too. Yes the plants are 34 inches to be exact right at 2 weeks flowering if you count from the day after I flipped.
I was originally going to post my query over on Grass City but I participate more over here. I get the impression that I have socks older than most of the posters over there & I prefer the adult approach I find here.
Cheers & Thanks,
bruce

First post here at ICMag. I just chopped a 3'X5' AK-47 DWC scrog grown using KISS. I switched from GH 3-part to KISS at two weeks into veg after reading ALL of this thread. SF tap water, a tsp per gallon of MB along with Cal-Mag and Silica Blast made for smooth sailing.

BIP, I'm right up the road from you. I know your not scrogging but based on what I just experienced I wouldn't give those plants getting too tall a second thought. I vegged for 30 days+- at which time I had approximately 5" of screen border around each of two plants to allow for stretch at the flip.

I learned that the pheno of AK-47 I have would make a dandy hedge. I got so little stretch after the flip that the screen never did fill in completely. As they grew up through the screen the buds got so dense that I had to cut out some of them to maintain ventilation. In the end, I had buds shoulder to shoulder across the top of the screen but the total screen area they occupied was not dramatically larger than the day I went to 12/12.

John Deere

Veteran
I was originally going to post my query over on Grass City but I participate more over here. I get the impression that I have socks older than most of the posters over there & I prefer the adult approach I find here.
Cheers & Thanks,
bruce

The apprentice toker section over there is a riot.

rabid

Hi dgr--thanks for the link to the myco thread. It seemed inconclusive to me and some of it just went over my head. One point I did get out of it was that a certain individual doesn't think much of the guy that produces the myco product I have now and used (successfully, I think) in the past...

But that's somewhere I don't want to go and I want to keep this thread on track so let's just KISS :laughing:

PS I never intended to do a side-by-side grow. Maybe you are referring to Dicomaco--the person I quoted and who asked the original question(s)...

Hi Rolling J, I've got mine in Super Roots Air pots and they do look like they're going to bush out quite a bit. I'll remember the defoliation tip.
If you ever get down to Pacifica, Colombo's Deli in Pacific Manor Shopping Center. Right at the bottom of the hill as you come down Highway 1, that's if you do deli. One of the last great deli's in the bay area.
I mention deli to my daughters & they start that spewing thing. Lol
Cheers,
bruce

Please Don't ever delete this, I am still voting for a sticky on this thread also it is well deserved.:wave:
Well deserved indeed. I'm sure without the simplicity of the KISS method I'd be swimming in a sea of uncertainy re: my grow & a whole buch of expensive nutes (I was going with an expensive AN line prior to finding Kiss). Ther're several growers (daughters of botfriends & one daugher that grow) in the family & everyones very impressed with my first attempt at growing. I just tell 'em I'm a 62 year old ganstsa of growing ganja & a member of the West Coast Brethern of Horticultural Hippies. lol
Only giving credit where credit is due.
Cheers, Ioni Botani

I'm also interested in this because I have a few unopened bags of myco from Fungi Perfect and would like to use them with the KISS method if it would be beneficial...

Since you specifically mentioned Fungi Perfect(i) you may already know of this, and I don't know if I can mention another forum.

In any case Google 'how to breed your own beneficial microbes' That will lead you to a wealth of info on beneficial microbes posted on another site. Coco is discussed within but I did not pay a lot of attention cause it's not my medium.

Info from there helped me totally annihilate a cyanobacteria problem I encountered with clones I was vegging out.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
HOW ABOUT K.I.S.S CLONING

HOW ABOUT K.I.S.S CLONING

DIRT

picture.php

40 CLONES....NO CLONEX....NO BOTTOM HEAT....STABLE AIR TEMPS

picture.php

ROOTS

picture.php

2 WEEKS LATER ALL HAVE ROOTS

picture.php

SO WHY NOT CLONE IN STRAIGHT DIRT....NO ADDITIVES

picture.php

Simple really.

u can take a cutting, through it in a glass of water in your room with light hitting the whole plant roots n all and it will root, cloning is easy when your mother plant is already mature.

Hovz

Hmm all last run i was weighing out only 5 grams a gallon instead of 7 grams. Thats prolly why i had a couple problems. Glad i have that cleared up now.

To me it doersn't make sense why GH would supply a green measuring spoon that says one teaspoon on one end that's 5+ grams & then instruct you too feed with one teaspoon pg of h20 that measures 7 grams by weight.
Just curious that's all.
Cheers,
bruce
edit, I think I found the answer on the back of the MaxiBloom package.
Usage: 1 - 2 teaspoons pg of h20. 5 - 10 grams per 4 litres.
I guess either way is good.

To me it doersn't make sense why GH would supply a green measuring spoon that says one teaspoon on one end that's 5+ grams & then instruct you too feed with one teaspoon pg of h20 that measures 7 grams by weight.
Just curious that's all.
Cheers,
bruce
edit, I think I found the answer on the back of the MaxiBloom package.
Usage: 1 - 2 teaspoons pg of h20. 5 - 10 grams per 4 litres.
I guess either way is good.

You edited your post while I was typing.
What I was gonna say was:

Coincidentally having a bag o' MB in front of me; The instructions thereon say:

Usage: 1-2 teaspoons per gallon fresh water
(5-10 Grams per 4 liters fresh water)

Might the source of your confusion be that the K.I.S.S. methodology specifies 7 grams as opposed to GH's generalized instructions?

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...all k.i.s.s. they got a little stretchy during the rebuild,but still not too bad eh????bout 2 weeks to go,flush is started yesterday.copy pasted from my thread.......

got some flower shots,one or 2 of the groups...enjoy :tiphat:

veg,the 24 sfd's to the right will get up-potted and flipped in the next week.

picture.php

the a.o's after the 1st good feed.
picture.php

a b&w of the ffa group...got the jack cheddars and zombies down a couple days ago.they was small but itll be some good smoke for the jars.
picture.php

san fernando diesel

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

lucifer og

picture.php

picture.php

pre 98 bubba

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ffa

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace-T-

Question for the KISS guru's out there.
Current grow AK-47, 23 days from the 12/12 flip on july 18.
Todays recipe:
1 1/3 tsp Maxi Bloom per gal fresh water
1 tsp Kool Bloom per gal
1/3 tsp per gal CalMag
1/3 tsp per gal Silica Blast
A little PH up from AN
5.8 PH
2.2 EC
1100 PPM x 500 (American conversion)
Watering with 48 oz. per plant once a day allowing for plenty of run-off, 25 to 30%.
This mixture seems a little hot to me with ppm at 1100 & EC at 2.2. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I was running the same mixture with the exception of 1 tsp per gal of water of MaxiBloom to keep EC down to 1.6/1.8 & ppm 800/900.
Teaspoon I'm using is the little green one that comes with the bag of maxiBloom.
Plants look fine, no leave curling, yellowing or burning.
Suggestions?
Thanks & Cheers,
bruce

Latest posts

Latest posts