What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Rushoe

Thanks for the info rushoe

Np bro....but one more thing about that is I heard someone tell me that when mixing the nutes since the koolbloom is more high in npks that should go in to the water 1st then the maxibloom..I don't know if that is correct info or not maybe someone could chime in for us that don't know like myself...

Rushoe

some with and og grown with maxi plz post it up that would be real nice to see or even better a chem d grown with maxi I am thinking of doing one chem d with maxi to see how it works out...

Ioni Botani

Simple, Yet True.

Simple, Yet True.

Canna coco A+B and a few other additives.. Cost is not much of a concern for me.. I prolly average to about $100 a month on nutes.

Don't get me wrong, Maxi is awesome if you are trying to keep it simple. I like to push my girls to there limits and I cannot do that with the KISS method.

That sucks...
The fact you pay $100 a month for nutes; and the fact that you can't push your girls to the limit with the 'essentials'.

No offense man, but you can rule out the nutes from your lack of success with GenHydro.

Plenty of seasoned growers have proven GH works, and works WELL...

That is..
IF all other variables are under control...
:2cents:

-I-

MtnLivin

You can say what you want man. I have been doing this for 10 years now consistently. I think I know what the fuck I am doing. I gave maxibloom a go and I'm sorry, but there is better out there.

Ioni Botani

It's all good man, whatever works for you... I was just sayin that it sucks you can't get the affordable way to work properly.

Some of the most dank weed I have ever smoked in my life was grown with GH...so it's obvious that KISS is not to blame.

A buddy of mine just got a 8 zips off 4 Bubbas with GH; effectively doubling all previously known yields...if that's not 'pushing it to the limit'...then I don't think I know what is.
Peace.
I

G

Guest 18340

I have used GH with amazing results in the past. But the KISS method(maxibloom only) is not quite up to par.
This should read "Imo (maxibloom only) is not quite up to par", because their are a lot of people in this thread who would disagree with you. Myself included.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.:tiphat:

FML

'Tis the method I use. 1/2 tsp/gal of powder KB for the last 4 days before final two week flush.
I'm an avid user of the K.I.S.S. method. My whole entire grow, and I mean from seedling 'til end of flower flush, gets 1 tsp/gal of Maxibloom. Period.
Everything in my album/old gallery (with the exception of my early soil days)was grown with said 1 tsp/gal of Maxibloom.
I did a whole grow log in Mosca's forum with his C99BX, all Maxibloom.
I may be leaving a few grams by not using a bunch of additives but for shear simplicity and cost, Maxibloom cannot be beat.
A $15 bag of Maxibloom last's me two 60 day flower runs...:)

*EDIT* Just wanted to add; I grow in coco but have a few moms in Rockwool blocks and I can verify that Maxibloom plays VERY well with rockwool. Also, a good buddy uses Maxibloom on ebb/flow tables and all is fantastic!
I have found a shortcut guide which reinforced your points and covers many general hydroponics products...

I found it useful and printed a copy...here is the link below
lucasformula dot com

Last edited by a moderator:

FML

check this link as well: lucasformula dot com

FML, had to edit and remove the link because at the bottom of that site are links to another MJ board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres some DJ Shorts Blue Dream at 17 days in.

These we'r mistreated mothers that I figured Id put in cause I haddem. Theyr doin great! 1 tsp per gallon MB and theyr lookin great. I got 25 cuts from them before I puttem in and theyr all rooted great and I figure I'l put another 6 bukkits in 5 days from now.

We'r puttin 2 more 1200watt vertical cool tube assemblys together so we could have 3 bukkits around each 1200 watt stack.

Everything looks real good so far!

Attachments

• SANY2784.jpg
    SANY2784.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 10
  • SANY2787.jpg
    SANY2787.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 11
  • SANY2792.jpg
    SANY2792.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 11
  • SANY2793.jpg
    SANY2793.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 10
  • SANY2796.jpg
    SANY2796.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 12

kcbudz31

I have been transitioning to KISS in straight perlite for a few months and am finally 100% there except for moms. I disbelieved that I could grow 'hydro' easily at first, but it is amazing. I use 2L's with the tops cut off and have found that I have to run drain holes down low for veg and then seal them off and punch new drain holes half way up the bottle, otherwise I rot early or thirst late. I water every day and each plant drinks right around a liter of water a day in flower, under 75 watts of CFL per sqft. Everythign is lush and green and happy and good lord this is the easiest thing in the world. Tap is like 9.0 still so I just get my maxibloom on and it's dead on, plus or minus a couple tenths which I never worry about.

Also I am feeding my houseplants with this and they are absolutely exploding. They've never been happier.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I'm trying to find a mix thats my next project from growing hempy so if anyone wants to ring in with some suggestions would be Invited and appreciated..

I was wondering how coco & perlite would do using MaxiBloom?

OR - Promix with MaxiBloom from start to finish?

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
I've been using coco for a couple years now and LOVE it.

I rock some perlite, a lot of people say you dont need it, and if you transplant I agree, if you got a smaller plant in a bigger pot though I like the added aeration of 25% perlite.

I cant believe how easy this is. What a fukkin reliefe! I ran hp aero for 10 years and the only sleep I got was when I got a room at PICC.

Now I sleeep like a baby!

sirshamus

I have implemented the maxibloom, liking what I'm seeing so far. Picked up some pro silicate today, and 2 more bags of maxibloom, set for a lil bit. I swear all the shaking to mix it up was causing headaches in the mornings for me. Snapped up a Hamilton beach hand mixer for 15 at wallyworld. 30 secs on high in the mason jar with warm water and its done...no more headaches for me. Thanks for the thread, guys.

Green lung

Veteran
. I swear all the shaking to mix it up was causing headaches in the mornings for me. Snapped up a Hamilton beach hand mixer for 15 at wallyworld. 30 secs on high in the mason jar with warm water and its done...no more headaches for me. Thanks for the thread, guys.

Good freakin idea Sir:tiphat:

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I might just stick to the hempy and just use the MB & KoolBloom the last couple of weeks before taking them down with my little handy Dremel Multi-Max, little fucker comes in handy...