What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

RedReign

Anyone notice that the 16 lb. container cost more per pound than the 2.2 lb. bag?

A local store has the 2.2 lb. bag for $12.50, which is $5.68 per lb. The same store sells the 16 lb. container for $100.00, which is $6.25 per lb.

I checked a few online stores and the pricing was similar.

Ioni Botani

The wight issue is still in question, nobody has truly tried pushing a full 4x4 under 1000W with the maximum space available taken up, C02, etc.

So take this with a grain of salt, its still open for debate ;)

I just pulled 13-14 under 10k with ph/lockout problems, mites, high humidity and high heat. More would've been pulled if lower branches trimmed and or less plants. I used co2, a lil big bud, roots, and bud candy and overdrive at the end. Just don't fuck up the ph or use high ppms and the results are impressive!

fukndenny

I just busted my all time yield in a half gallon grow bag with maxi.

70 GRAMS DRY.

The plant was so top heavy it tipped the entire container over many times. I had to put weights on the growbag to keep it on the ground.. never had anything like it.

Casey Jones from h3ads.

No joke. I wish I had a picture, i think I have some crappy ones somewhere I may dig up later, but I am dead serious :D

you want the kicker?

CFL's.

29laL.jpg

I just busted my all time yield in a half gallon grow bag with maxi.

70 GRAMS DRY.

The plant was so top heavy it tipped the entire container over many times. I had to put weights on the growbag to keep it on the ground.. never had anything like it.

Casey Jones from h3ads.

No joke. I wish I had a picture, i think I have some crappy ones somewhere I may dig up later, but I am dead serious :D

you want the kicker?

CFL's.

29laL.jpg

Dank buds for sure, and for CFL?! but i duno.... Where is the proof man??!?!? I just have to see some more pics of the set up and shit to know this is legit haha, your new too.... so common... lets see em!

fukndenny

Dank buds for sure, and for CFL?! but i duno.... Where is the proof man??!?!? I just have to see some more pics of the set up and shit to know this is legit haha, your new too.... so common... lets see em!

i am not new. :D

all i have is a few pics, dont really care about pics anymore, i just focus on working and growing. it has since been tore down, it was a fun cfl cab for a while, upgraded to 400w hps. which wont be running until pry june/july due to work/travel.

BYvHQ.jpg

xh1Cc.jpg

pz

york

I switched to maxibloom only and I'm loving it. The ladies seem to be loving it too!

I'm running basically the same thing as the "heath mini vertical": vertical hydroton in white pvc rain gutters. I tried running some Floranova bloom but it's gunky and algae prone. Much better with the Maxi-bloom.

One tip for keeping it even simpler: I don't bother pre-mixing in a smaller container. I just dump it into the res near the end of the hose as it's filling, and agitate the crystals in the bottom by hand (or stick) once while it's filling, and once maybe an hour later. They almost all dissolve on their own, so I wouldn't worry too much unless you are running an aero or high pressure drip system. I think that it might actually dissolve easier in a large amount of water than it does when you put the same amount in a small container and shake. Maybe you get towards the solubility limits in the small container? I don't really know, but I find it easier just mixing straight into the res.

Heres some maxi flowers. 5 week olds and 1 week olds. SWEET!

Attachments

• SANY2828.jpg
    SANY2828.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 14
  • SANY2829.jpg
    SANY2829.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 14
  • SANY2830.jpg
    SANY2830.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 14
  • SANY2831.jpg
    SANY2831.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 14
  • SANY2832.jpg
    SANY2832.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 13
  • SANY2833.jpg
    SANY2833.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 16
  • SANY2834.jpg
    SANY2834.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 14
  • SANY2836.jpg
    SANY2836.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 16
  • SANY2838.jpg
    SANY2838.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 15
  • SANY2837.jpg
    SANY2837.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 14

Ioni Botani

One tip for keeping it even simpler: I don't bother pre-mixing in a smaller container. I just dump it into the res near the end of the hose as it's filling, I think that it might actually dissolve easier in a large amount of water than it does when you put the same amount in a small container and shake. Maybe you get towards the solubility limits in the small container? I don't really know, but I find it easier just mixing straight into the res.

I think you're right on this one York, I found the same thing, more water = dissolves better.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
hey basher if you clean the inside/outside of those cooltubes I bet you'll get a decent % light increase for the effort.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
heres some OG Kush using MaxiBloom for anyone wondering how OG's like it

sorry for the lights on pic, looks even better under a CFL or daylight, I didn't wanna set up a lil photo session as the lights were about to go out.

day 27 Valley OG Kush

picture.php

for day 27 thats pretty nice, its absolutely keeping up in yield/frost levels with the GH 6/9 with supplements as well as the full lineup of H&G.

everything is startin to rock now so we'll see what, if any, differences sooner than later.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody try Maxi for sativas? Got OH/Skunk as my freebies.

D2G

recently finished a run of Ohaze with maxi/koolbloom/calmag/silica

@ 7 weeks
picture.php

@11 weeks
picture.php

harvest
picture.php

picture.php

got a lb per 600, so about .75 gpw - considering what it is, i'm happy w/ that as a tally.

about the only advice specific for sats i'd have that might diverge a bit from the thread's general gist would be to measure more with your EC/ppm meter, and less with a teaspoon. gradually creep up to find that plant's tolerance for that stage, and then actually listen to it and don't push it beyond that.

Latest posts

Latest posts