What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thanks I'll try that. I did a flush and fed at 4g per gallon and had a growth spurt overnight. Leaves are still variegated.

It could be my nute lock out was from doing 7 grams a gallon. I'll do some spray and will report back.

it could be that 7 grams is driving your pH too far down?
most nutrients ive used do that once i start feeding heavy

DoDad

it could be that 7 grams is driving your pH too far down?

Yes, I wondered that too and just as likely it's a build up of nutes. My run off at one time was north of 1400 but under 950 going in.

I also think it's got something to do with my media. I think I'll try a run with coco.

Btw, my experiment with the 1/2 tsp Epsom to 16 oz water foliage spray was a fail. My plants drooped for about day then started growing a little a day after but there has been no change to the variegation in my leaves.

My plants still grow and bloom and chop and smoke just fine and I have a satisfactory amount of harvest for me.

I just know something is not optimal because my leaves are not solid green run after run.

I've been running like this for a few years and haven't been able to find all the problems. There was more than one but the thing I haven't adjust is the media.

At least I know 4-5 grams per gallon of Maxigrow or Maxibloom seem to be the sweet spot. If I feed those strengths at PH 6 and still have problems it's not food.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I like to feed as low as possible and have found that plants do best if they are getting what they need and not much more, the biggest thing I look for if my plants arent doing well is the environment ... temps, air exchange, etc.

good luck!

Gazoo31

It should be pinned. Massive thread. I like kiss, although I have been using maxigro for veg. It's not working great so maybe it's time to go back to KISS...

kookied

Checking numbers

Checking numbers

Checking numbers;
System is a DWC with a five gallon reservoir for a four plant grow.
{a small system for personal use}

In this reservoir filled with RO water using the K.I.S.S Method, I would use;
35 grams of general hydroponics maxibloom
10 ml of Hydroguard
--------------------------------------------------
Because of the RO water:
25 ml Cal-Mag

Is this correct?

hayday

Veteran
Yes,you numbers are right but my experience with maxibloom is that I can use much less than 7g per gallon.

So you have a starting point and most likely you will be able to taper off to around 5 g's per gallon or 800 ppm depending on your water. Do you have a meter for t. d. s. ?

kookied

Yes, Im geared not my first rodeo. Five grams per gallon? would that work for a IBL mexican/Cambodia, strain Iv been growing since 1979, that is really sensitive to nitrogen or should it be lower?

hayday

Veteran
You water is alot differant than my tap water. I dont add cal mag very often so my 5 grams might be weak in your case.
I suggest you shoot for 800 ppm t.d.s. and that should put you on target.

Gazoo31

Checking numbers;
System is a DWC with a five gallon reservoir for a four plant grow.
{a small system for personal use}

In this reservoir filled with RO water using the K.I.S.S Method, I would use;
35 grams of general hydroponics maxibloom
10 ml of Hydroguard
--------------------------------------------------
Because of the RO water:
25 ml Cal-Mag

Is this correct?

I grew dwc, ro with maxi and calmag lol. I'd start at 2-3ml calmag instead. 5ml was kinda hot for me. 2-3ml and 3.5g of mb should put you at about 0.8ec or 400 ppm which is a good starting point. You could even drop down to 250 and work up for young plants.

Motocole85

Can someone chime in?
I put 7 grams of maxibloom in 1 gallon of tap water and my ppm meter only read about 300-310. I also added 1/2 tsp of ArmorSi and still my ppm was around 310-315. And PH was stable at 6.6

Why is this? Shouldnt ppm be around 700-800 using 7 grams per gallon?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Without an analysis of your tap water it is difficult to know anything about what's going on there. Extremely rarely is your tap water the same as someone else you're chatting with online.

This is why I strongly recommend using r/o water as your base solvent. Extremely predictable pH changes, extremely predictable results, and you can trade reliable info with anyone else using r/o and similar conditions. :tiphat:

Motocole85

Without an analysis of your tap water it is difficult to know anything about what's going on there. Extremely rarely is your tap water the same as someone else you're chatting with online.

This is why I strongly recommend using r/o water as your base solvent. Extremely predictable pH changes, extremely predictable results, and you can trade reliable info with anyone else using r/o and similar conditions. :tiphat:

Right but regardless even if I use water with 0 ppm. 7 grams of maxi should put me well over 600 ppm
And I'm only getting a read of 300.... so confused

Gazoo31

Ya your meter is dinked. My truncheon reads 950 on the 500 scale I think. Been a while since I mixed full strength plus I think my meter underreads.

For reference 3.5g per gallon gives me about 350-400ppm.

Latest posts

Latest posts