What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Motocole85

I read that maxibloom raises soil PH quite a bit and that you should PH your nutrient water higher to account for this. So would PH'ing to 6.8 be good?

Gazoo31

No maxi is super acidic. If I mix a teaspoon into ro it drops into the the 3s lol. Just ph correctly for the medium you're in. Read douglas' thread about maintaining your rez ph if in recirculating hydro.

Hi guys! This thread is awesome. I kept reading up to page 40. I have questions and I hope you do not mind.

1. I use coco/perlite. Is there a need for me to use Calimagic still?
2. I use tap water which is about 170-180 EC and feed with 1,200 EC. If I use this formula I add 7 grams/per gallon and dilute it to 1,200?
3. Can I still use the liquid Koolbloom during flowering?

Sorry guys I know I can find the answers in thread but it is just too long. Peace!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Go ahead without reading, you'll probably be fine. If you decide to grow cannabis you'll get around to reading it. Quick tip, use less if your plant has dark green leaves. ;)

hayday

Veteran
Im growing in hempy buckets with perlite and vermiculite. I feed with every watering 5 grams a gallon. Some plants need cal-mag and some dont. For instance Glue needs and my Strawberry does not.If I have a rush night I might just plain water but do not like to do this often
10 day flush with plain tap water at the end does me good.

Grapefruitroop

Thanks hay!:tiphat:
im in soil in a sealed room with co2 at 1500 and 2400w leds,
i was feeding MegaCrop at 5g a gallon every watering adding calmag and Epsom's and the plants looked awesome.

I decided to drop MC at beginning of 3rd week flower because of the N levels...no burn or toxicity but the whole canopy hit the maximum level of healthy green I think...

After first watering 7g x Gal of MaxiBloom + Epsom the canopy looks perfectly happy....but im thinking to alternate with water cause im scared of overfeeding (I always used to grow organic ) but at the same time im looking for some more infos cause I know for sure that my environment is very demanding (strong LEDs+CO2) and the genetic is also a heavy feeder....
In the meanwhile ill stick with "less is more" theory
:hotbounce

kamyo

Veteran
Got my MaxiBloom in today for my coco grows. Mixed just shy of 2g in 32oz tap water and the pH was perfect at maybe 5.8-5.9 with the ppm at about 1450 with the tap already being at about 150. Probably going to dial it back to about 1/2 strength and some pH down for the clones and moms.

Looking forward to giving this method a shot and seeing how the girls do.

Bobby Boucher

I bought my womerns a bag of Maxibloom a couple months ago and told her to read the thread and take over.

I've made an effort to not touch a god damn thing or make a singular decision from the time the clones were cut and she's well on her way to harvesting her "first plants", which all look about as bountiful as anything I've ever grown out.

Some monkey-proof stuff right 'cher.

Grapefruitroop

I bought my womerns a bag of Maxibloom a couple months ago and told her to read the thread and take over.

I've made an effort to not touch a god damn thing or make a singular decision from the time the clones were cut and she's well on her way to harvesting her "first plants", which all look about as bountiful as anything I've ever grown out.

Some monkey-proof stuff right 'cher.

Nice! Do u feed every watering?:)

Bobby Boucher

Short answer, no. I think she's topping off with a fair amount of ro.

I don't know all how she's going about it, or whether she's going to change any of those procedures next go round.

She wants to try out a good organic soil mix, but she seems more dissuaded every day watching how easy the bio buckets are to use and maintain.

I figure I'll stay out of it and let it all help her the way it helped me.

Bud Jones

Hey I’m late to the party . So if I read right , all you use in Maxi Bloom , no other nutes ? Is this applicable to outdoor ? I haven’t read the whole thread .

Grapefruitroop

Yup Just maxi bloom all the way thru flowering...

There are some peeps that claim its awesome even as a stand alone in veg...

Yes indoor or outdoor , but Its applicability and dosage depends on the nutrient level of your soil and the feeding requirement of your strain.

I wouldn't go with the 7g recipe if your soil has some nutrients in it.

I personally don't see the need of hydro nutrients outdoor were you can totally create a supersoil with super active biology in it and it will sure perform awesome...but....everyone has his own style:tiphat:

Bobby Boucher

She found a nice looking seed in a bag of superman og today on some beginners luck type shit and tried to make an account under the handle "weedho" to try using the search function, but ran into some troubles with her mobile service.

I thought "Vicki Vallencourt" would have been more apropos, but whatever.. her deal.

I'm just doing a shitty "Unkown Hinson", btw. Dude is a national treasure. Everyone should familiarize themselves with his work, including but not limited to "Squidbillies".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7_YNTQmtGg

Reggie1387

Hey growers this might of been covered over the many many of pages but I’ll ask the question anyway.

I’m growing perlite hempys this grow and using maxibloom Lucas 7grams per gallon.
I use digital scales to weigh out my maxibloom. My reservoir is 80L (21 gallons) so at 7grams/gal I weigh up 147grams. Reservoir full of 80L tap water (Ph 7.1) (0.3ec) I add 20mls GH armor si (0.25ml/L) then I add my maxibloom. After everything is mixed I check my ph/ec. Using bluelab 3-1 meter my readings are. PH 4.9-5.0 and EC of 2.1-2.3 I use ph up to get to 5.8 but my EC is way to high!

I then have to remove 10-20L of nutes and store separately then re add 10-20L of water to get it down to 1.6-1.8

Does anyone else have a problem with high ec/ppm? Is there a lower ratio maxibloom that still hits the NPK needed in flower? Currently 2 weeks since flipping.

Anyone help me out?

Reggie1387

That’s what I’m starting to think. Or atleast lower it. But .25 is the lowest dose on the bottle. Surely I’m not the only one on here that gets a high reading? I checked my nutrients that I left over night and I can change the way it measures

EC. 1.9
500 ppm 960
700 ppm 1330