What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You feed at 5 grams of MB and add 2 ml Floralicious+ per gallon? I already own some Floralicious+ but never used it.
I have no idea how many grams I use per gallon, it also varies by strain. I do know I usually don't use a full scoop, more like 3/4ths.

DoDad

I put these rooted clones in 3 gallon hempy buckets and watered them at 900 ppm. They are doing fine now, Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_8332.jpg
    IMG_8332.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 30

Douglas.Curtis

Do you use the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Floralicious+ every time you water?
[/FONT]
No, I only use it during flower and I use it sparingly, because too much adds a Floralicious+ flavor to the end cannabis. ;)

In soil I would recommend using it the first couple waterings of flower. With hydro I only add it to the reservoir when it's first mixed for the flowering run. I only top off my res the entire flowering run without dumping, so it gradually gets weaker as time goes on.

beta

Veteran
So that I am perfectly clear, this 750ppm you refer to includes my tap water or no?

My tap water is 200ppm, so should my PPM meter read 750 or 950ppm max?

I'm not sure what he means but for what it's worth I feed 800ppm / 1.6EC from fresh clones all the way through flower (Jack's Hydro + Jack's Calnit). That includes my tap water, which is 200ppm / 0.4EC.

Douglas.Curtis

So that I am perfectly clear, this 750ppm you refer to includes my tap water or no?

My tap water is 200ppm, so should my PPM meter read 750 or 950ppm max?
Ok, first point of confusion is probably the 750ppm being a 500 conversion reading. Pens using 700 conversion will read higher than 750, so if anyone would care to throw this out there I'd appreciate it.

As for total ppm with tap water, in 15+ years of hydro I really have zero experience with tap water which would apply here. I've literally used r/o all this time, and it's been rock solid predictable in all the states/areas I've lived. I'm usually within 30ppm and right on with pH, just eyeballing the MaxiBloom and pH up. lol

I couldn't even begin to guess what's in your tap water, so any advice I give would be pretty useless.

DoDad

I found this on another website and thought I would pass it on.

If I were to run MaxiBloom alone I would recommend at 5grams per gallon which yields:

N 66ppm
P 86ppm
K 154ppm

But, this is how I would use the 2 Maxi products together

Veg established plants maxi grow 4.5 grams per gallon run up to week 2 of 12/12

N120ppm
P26ppm
K 148ppm

then mix

2.5 grams maxi grow and 2.5 grams maxi bloom run from week 2 of 12/12 to week 6 or 7 of 12/12 (you could run this formula to the end)

N100ppm
P60ppm
K160ppm

then mix (optional)
4 to 5 grams maxi bloom
run week 6 or 7 thru finish

N 66ppm
P 86ppm
K 154ppm

N goes down.... P goes up..... K stays the same +/-

Growzlow

Question about maxibloom mixing

Question about maxibloom mixing

If say i want to keep my ppm lower should i mix at 1 teaspoon then dilute or could i just use say 1/4 of a teaspoon as its at the ppm i want

hayday

Veteran
Find the gram per gallon that makes you happy and use that every time.

For simplicitys sake

Example,I use 5 grams per gallon, every time.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
if anyone is tired of MB or cant get it to preform like others try GH Floranova Bloom @ 8 ml per gal from veg thru flower.

peace

DoDad

if anyone is tired of MB or cant get it to preform like others try GH Floranova Bloom @ 8 ml per gal from veg thru flower.

peace

I moved away from MB only to:

Veg - Maxigrow at 4.5 + 1 gram Epsom salt
Flower - Maxigrow at 2.5 + 2.5 Maxibloom

ThenewCropman

Good morning everyone,

Just wanted to interject and see what everyone did to combat the following problems:

I have an issue of my buds not being completely dense , and not the best flavor.

Has one added or run higher ppm to solve these issues ?

I've run from 1000ppm to 1450ppm. Throughout flower.

Has anyone used molasses as top dress with maxibloom?

bigAl25

Veteran
The only reason, and a good one, to use molasses when you water or feed, is that it helps the organic soil pass nutrients on to the plants. I do not believe it affects the taste of the plant. This is what I have gleaned from reading other more knowledgeable growers comments on unsulfured molasses.

hayday

Veteran
I tried to use mollases in my hempy buckets one time. A sour smell and some loamy gel occured in my drainage pots so I never tried it again. Something I have tried and liked in the same hempys is Flouralicious Plus.

This seems fine in these pearlite-vermiculte hempys but I found I had to discontinue early early flower , like right after bud set or its black ash time. Plus I cut the dosage recomended in half

It could be other factors or whatnot but , more trics and more odor. It does start to borderline on not really KISS anymore but I saw vast improvement.
:good:Recommend...

Douglas.Curtis

Good morning everyone,

Just wanted to interject and see what everyone did to combat the following problems:

I have an issue of my buds not being completely dense , and not the best flavor.

Has one added or run higher ppm to solve these issues ?

I've run from 1000ppm to 1450ppm. Throughout flower.

Has anyone used molasses as top dress with maxibloom?
As far as I'm aware, density is controlled by several main variables.

• Genetics From chunky to thin and spindly, genetics are first and foremost in flower formation
  • Light Density Too much light and you get rock hard, tiny flowers. Too little light, and your flowers will be 2 Liter pop bottle leaf/stem bombs.
  • Nitrogen Excess nitrogen is going to add stem length and extra leaf material

The Lucas ratio does not use much nitrogen, though abnormally high pH can provide some excess. Unless you added nitrogen, it is not your issue. This leaves genetics and light density.

What genetics are you running?

What light are you using, what is the square footage of your flowering canopy? :D

Douglas.Curtis

Flavor completely depends on nutrient strength and pH swing. Any excess nutrients for too long (no, I'm not sure how long this is. sorry.) and the plant will 'accumulate' it. This means it will not flush or fade out. Not even if you flush for a month. This is why cannabis is great for Phytoremediation (pulling metals/toxins/fuels from soil to clean it). At harvest time, iiiiit's in there! :D

Over feeding causes stress, which reduces terpene and cannabinoid content. The less you can feed cannabis and get a healthy plant, the better quality the end flowers will be. ;) Less IS more with cannabis.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
unsulphered blackstrap molassas is used in organic gardening, not to feed the plant but its food for the mycorrizae fungi.

IMO using it w/salt nutrients does nothing but waste money and impart an undertone flavor that is not there otherwise. how much mycorrizae fungi is in your medium? none, so no need to feed them to boost their numbers.

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts