What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

BigLebowski

Just have used this method in my first ever grow. Have to thank everybody for the comments and for the great knowledge stored in this thread. My plants have grown with amazing health and have provided me with great harvest. I have used it in my own way, never above 80% of the total 7g. Have start feeding in the first week with 15% of the strength and have stepped my way up.

A really easy and practical method of deliver nutrients.

Once again thanks to all of you!

:tiphat:

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
This is the K.I.S.S. thread, which is maxibloom only. When used properly, the quality is significantly higher with *only* maxibloom. Using MaxiGrow is a cheat, and you pay for it by a loss in quality.

Cannabis is a hyper/dynamic accumulator, and excesses of elements are stored away in new growth unconverted. Look up "Phytoremediation" and hyper/dynamic accumulator plants. You'll be glad you did, and so will the people you share your cannabis with.

:tiphat:

Bullshit- the loss in quality comes from running maxi at 7 grams per gallon, way too high a ec. shit tasting buds:tiphat:

BigLebowski

Bullshit- the loss in quality comes from running maxi at 7 grams per gallon, way too high a ec. shit tasting buds:tiphat:

Found that even 1.5g/L is a lot! Almost 5.7g/Galon! I think that 5g/Galon seems to be more than enough! Next grow I’ll try to use only 50% of the formula as my maximum.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I have been using Maxi-Bloom at one quarter the recommended strength. Fantastic results. My best grow ever. Later in the flowering stage I switch to Cha Ching. BIG, bold bud enhancer. It does extend the flowering time a bit, so be prepared!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
7g/gal is a general work-all amount for any new grower. The beauty of it is it works for newbie growers by actually producing a harvest, even though they don't know how to grow yet.

It's also not a hard, rigid 7g/gal, it's a recommendation. You're supposed to read your plants and adjust the feed to your specific situation. Quality comes from properly using a tool, and I assure you MaxiBloom is capable of excellent quality. ;)

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I think its 133ppm per gram......

A full scoop to the brim is over 7g.....

PPM is based on plant size.... You feed seedlings lower ppm...flush between feedings.
Big plants need more food so if you got a 6 foot plant you'll easily need 7g.

SeymourGreen420

Any body have a good feed schedule for maxibloom in coco using ro water? Is cal/mag definitely needed when using ro? Just bought a bag of mb cause I'm having to many issues with 6/9 and gh.

Douglas.Curtis

Any body have a good feed schedule for maxibloom in coco using ro water? Is cal/mag definitely needed when using ro? Just bought a bag of mb cause I'm having to many issues with 6/9 and gh.
Never used cal/mag in my life, 15+ years using the MB balance of nutes. I'll say it's probably a bit low on calcium, and some strains want more magnesium. They never need the 'balance' of calcium and magnesium which makes up cal/mag products, I recommend supplementing each separately. ;)

Used r/o for 15+ years with hydro as well, wouldn't ever grow cannabis with any water which is 'dirtier' than 14ppm personally. :)

DoDad

I am still struggling with Maxibloom.

Maybe I should buy a gram scale or can I use my TDS meter and if so what PPM should I target?

The PPM of my tap water is 185. How many PPM's does 7 grams add?

DoDad

I'm also struggling with keeping Maxibloom from forming a hard brick. How do you store your Maxibloom after you open the bag?

hayday

Veteran
7 grams with 300 ppm tap comes out to 1400 ppm at my place. I finally settled at 5 grams per gallon. A little ph down and its good to go for the entire crop , finish with a two week flush.
For storage,I put it in mason jars.A pint jar sets me up for a month. This doesnt brick up here and its humid down here.

DoDad

7 grams with 300 ppm tap comes out to 1400 ppm at my place. I finally settled at 5 grams per gallon. A little ph down and its good to go for the entire crop , finish with a two week flush.
For storage,I put it in mason jars.A pint jar sets me up for a month. This doesnt brick up here and its humid down here.

I can't thank you enough for that info. This is news I can use!!

I have been using the small green scoop that came with MB and at 1 scoop per gallon. I have been under feeding all this time.

So, if 7 grams is 1100 ppm at your house that makes Maxibloom 157 ppm per gram.

5 grams x 157 ppm is 785 ppm plus your tap of (300) means you're feeding at 1085 ppm.

I should stay around 1100 ppm including my tap?

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Its more around 133ppm per gram.... and PPM is dependent on plant size. A SOG plant isnt going to eat the same as a 6' Bush. A full scoop is about 7 grams... a leveled off scoop is about 6... and 5g is about a 1/8" below top of the scoop or so... Very small visual differences between the 3.... but nearly 300ppm difference

Douglas.Curtis

I am still struggling with Maxibloom.
Maybe I should buy a gram scale or can I use my TDS meter and if so what PPM should I target?
Definitely use your TDS meter until you know what level your plants need for healthy growth. I have never personally found quality cannabis from dark green plants, so I recommend starting low and working your way up. When you reach a point where adding nutrients doesn't seem to increase growth rates, back off to the level just before this. Feeding the minimum and occasionally underfeeding will always produce higher quality than overfeeding.

The PPM of my tap water is 185. How many PPM's does 7 grams add?
Though tap water in most areas works, in many locations it is far from ideal for cannabis quality, pH predictability and ease of reservoir management. When you get a chance, I strongly recommend getting an r/o filter and using r/o water in the future. Awesome stuff for cannabis. :D

DoDad

Definitely use your TDS meter until you know what level your plants need for healthy growth.

What is clear is that I may have been underfeeding 50% or more.

My leaves on the bottom have been turning yellow and my whole plant wilts when I water. Something is wrong and maybe more than one thing.

My ratios are 3:1 Perlite to vermiculite in a 3 gallon hempy bucket and I think I should be a 4:1.

Douglas.Curtis

3:1 should be fine. How high from the bucket bottom is the hole? Yellowing and wilting can be caused by over watering, but if the hole is low enough, the perlite should be dry at the surface.

DoDad

I'll try keeping my total PPM's between 850 and 1000 and see how my plants respond.

5 grams at 133ppm is 665 plus my tap of 200 = 865ppm

6 grams at 133ppm is 798 plus tap = 998ppm

DoDad

Floralicious+ is humics. Maxigrow is a vegetative nutrient powder.

I use MB and Floralicious+ together, though I use less than 2ml/gallon of the Floralicious+. Works great. :D

You feed at 5 grams of MB and add 2 ml Floralicious+ per gallon? I already own some Floralicious+ but never used it.

Latest posts

Latest posts