What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Um no. Actually at first I thought it was the kiss method. I only came to realize later it was from using the blumats after I cleared up my problems by switching back to hand-watering. Blumats always seemed to either give too little or too much and I was constantly tweaking them. When they gave too much I had a mess on the floor, too little and I'd get some deficiency. They're inconsistent because over a short time (~2 weeks) an air bubble builds up inside them, which changes the pressure on the valve. You can never just "dial it in" and then leave it alone and trust them to work - or at least I couldn't. All the time I spent tweaking the settings, rebuilding them due to air bubbles, rebuilding the resevoir due to mold, and cleaning up messes, I found it's just as easy to hand water. That way I can also measure exactly how much they're getting and how much runoff. If you have a better experience using them, I'd love to hear about it.

I did a small jar with a water cure to see what would leach out with the kiss and I was truly happy with the results. After 24 hours the water had barely changed color. Some organic regemines leave the water like a swamp by morning! It's pretty nasty and I will never use the shit again. I don't even think I will be using any flush whatsoever this run. Nice and clean

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
great thread, got to page 50.
Was wondering for those who have ran MB with KB and without, how much of a difference, if at all, in final product both weight and crystal? I was thinking of doing something similar to the kiss method for the majority of my flower, but perhaps switching up and using some organics for end of flower to bring smell and taste around. Thanks to all the contributors, been an interesting and enlightening read fasho... As much as I want to do all organic water only amended soils and composts, I have three mouths to feed, full time job, and full time college, and finding time is becoming increasingly difficult.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Was wondering for those who have ran MB with KB and without, how much of a difference, if at all, in final product both weight and crystal? I was thinking of doing something similar to the kiss method for the majority of my flower, but perhaps switching up and using some organics for end of flower to bring smell and taste around. Thanks to all the contributors, been an interesting and enlightening read fasho... As much as I want to do all organic water only amended soils and composts, I have three mouths to feed, full time job, and full time college, and finding time is becoming increasingly difficult.

Well, many folks run modified K.I.S.S. I usually add Florilicious Plus for flavor/smell/better terpene profile. Haven't used KoolBloom, but have added Bloombastic a couple times after week 3 in flower. It really increases trichomes if you've never tried it. Makes a noticeable difference, especially if you'll be making concentrates from it. That said, it is Maxibloom, so really is made for blooming and works without adding anything if that's the way you want to roll. A good flush is in order at the end, IMO.

DoDad

The beauty of MB is it's MB only. Adding anything else doesn't make enough difference in weight and crystals to warrant the effort to add it.

MB lowers your PH by about 1 point, so if the PH of your tap is about 7, and you have <200 PPM minerals in your tap water, you don't need to adjust PH or add Calmag. 1 tsp per gallon, literally, does it all.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Adding anything else doesn't make enough difference in weight and crystals to warrant the effort to add it.
Seriously? If you had tried it, you would know this isn't true, but from your statement, you obviously haven't, so basically, you're just babbling. Bloombastic will almost double the amount of extract you get from a base nutrient.

MB lowers your PH by about 1 point, so if the PH of your tap is about 7, and you have <200 PPM minerals in your tap water, you don't need to adjust PH or add Calmag. 1 tsp per gallon, literally, does it all.

It might lower the PH of your water by one point, but this would not hold true for everybody. The medium used would be another variable, but it seems you are assuming everyone uses the same thing you are using, as well as having the same water.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yeah Ive read to page 100 now, and back to front to page 200. Looking at pics alone shows more crystal coverage with those who use koolbloom or some other additive.

Im not looking too much into cost as much as ease. If I had to spend 400 on nutrients for one run compared to 15, but yielded 2 ounces more with the 400, then ive made that 400 back and then some. If I spend 400 JUST on koolbloom, and it makes my product slightly better, than I can make that back and then some by the raised #s on the lbs.

I dont mind using an additive or two if it increases my yield or quality, for instance I will be using some organics at the end of my flowering before flush to bring out smell and taste. Now time to research koolbloom vs bloombastic....

KoolBloom in my case gave it that one last push. So it did achieve what I wanted. The smells and taste were already there from genetics and Maxi IMO:)

RetroGrow

Veteran
Is Bloombastic another form of a bud booster for flower? Does it have tricanatrol?

I think you're talking about triacontanol...Bloombastic doesn't have it. Triacontanol is a fatty acid which is used throughout to stimulate growth. It's not a bloom booster, it's a growth hormone. It's found naturally in alfalfa. Several products have it. The one I use is Canna's Boost. It works really well. It increases yield and finishing time. You can also buy it as a stand alone product here:
http://www.mbferts.com/TRIA-Triacontanol_c20.htm

Bloombastic is a powerful bloom booster. It increases trichome production like crazy. It will almost double your extract. Blows away other boosters. There are a bunch of threads about it here, but this is the best one:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=91088

Go a few pages in to see the comments of some seasoned growers. Costs about $200 a bottle, but is super concentrated, and you use only a tiny amount. Do not use before week 3.

sdd420

Veteran
I think you're talking about triacontanol...Bloombastic doesn't have it. Triacontanol is a fatty acid which is used throughout to stimulate growth. It's not a bloom booster, it's a growth hormone. It's found naturally in alfalfa. Several products have it. The one I use is Canna's Boost. It works really well. It increases yield and finishing time. You can also buy it as a stand alone product here:
http://www.mbferts.com/TRIA-Triacontanol_c20.htm

Bloombastic is a powerful bloom booster. It increases trichome production like crazy. It will almost double your extract. Blows away other boosters. There are a bunch of threads about it here, but this is the best one:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=91088

Go a few pages in to see the comments of some seasoned growers. Costs about $200 a bottle, but is super concentrated, and you use only a tiny amount. Do not use before week 3.
Good info thanks so it increases flower times?

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thanks Retro. Yeah, that was what I meant-triacontanol. I am using MB, then add some Massive by Green Planet sometimes in flower. Seems to work well, but I def am curious bout the Bloombastic... Gonna read into that thread you posted, thank you.
So do you think I should purchase some of that triacontanol like in the first link, and use it throughout the grow? Do you use triacontanol?
Do you mind if you share some of your feeding regime? I have some Floraliscious plus laying around, I used to use it-but haven't lately. I have been using MB straight through, but started using Flairform Greendream Grow in veg since I have a bunch laying around. I figured I'd use it up

Maxi bloom alone did just fine for me. I chopped this today. I was surprised how beefy they were considering everyone is concerned about yeild. This was in one of my small tents sharing the light with 2 others. So don't be scurd to rock Maxi alone!

My experience with Maxibloom:

*Missing Manganese.
*7g (one teaspoon) per gallon in my tap (75 ppm) raises the PPM to well over 1,000
(1.0 EC) and drops the pH of the solution to around 4.

I don't know much about growing, but I've been reading that people are using full strength 1tsp/g MB on seedlings and young plants? I mean... I could be wrong, but I felt like that was way too much, so I started using 2.5g Maxibloom/ 0.5g MaxiGro (to help with the Mn that MB lacks) for a low ppm around 350-400.

Also, to adjust pH to around 6, I used about 2ml/g silicic acid. Potassium silicate has a natural pH of 11. Offsets the 4 that MB brings my tap of 6.2 (damn near perfect tap pH) when I add it. Only other thing I use is a little dab of molasses.

oti$

So, ive used maxi on a few grows with great results. I am currently running a bunch of different strains from seed. One of 15 or so plants is showing signs of a deficiency. I typically dont run an ec over 1.2 and everything is happy. I upped the ec a bit and its still showing what i believe is a cal def. I went to the hydro whore last week and they were out of cal mag. I thought id post some pics and get some input before i add anything.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

RetroGrow

Veteran
Thanks Retro. Yeah, that was what I meant-triacontanol. I am using MB, then add some Massive by Green Planet sometimes in flower. Seems to work well, but I def am curious bout the Bloombastic... Gonna read into that thread you posted, thank you.
So do you think I should purchase some of that triacontanol like in the first link, and use it throughout the grow? Do you use triacontanol?
Do you mind if you share some of your feeding regime? I have some Floraliscious plus laying around, I used to use it-but haven't lately. I have been using MB straight through, but started using Flairform Greendream Grow in veg since I have a bunch laying around. I figured I'd use it up

I grow in coco, and always use Canna "Boost", which contains triacontanol. It makes a significant difference. It is a growth hormone. It gives higher yields, and faster finishing times. Google "triacontanol", and there's a lot's of science verifying this. I use it all the way through. It works well as a foliar application. I'm not trying to influence anyone away from the simple K.I.S.S. routine, which works super. I just mentioned a few tweaks I use in response to a question. Bloombastic significantly increases the trichome yield, so I use it. It's actually cheap considering how little is used, and you don't start until 3rd week of flower. I use it 3 or 4 times before the flush. Florilicious Plus gives a nice terpene profile, IMO. That said, all these things are optional, and you can do very well with nothing but Maxibloom.

Latest posts

Latest posts