What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
This is really strange. One tsp per gallon usually reads 650ish ppm. Last night it was 850ish. ....

That is why it is recommended in the first post of this thread to measure by weight and not by volume. When measuring by volume it is much easier to have variations. I know it is a pain in the ass but it will be more consistent. I bought 29 plastic bottles that hold 35 grams each because I mix five gallons at a time and I just weigh up a whole bag at a once.

nukklehead

That is why it is recommended in the first post of this thread to measure by weight and not by volume. When measuring by volume it is much easier to have variations. I know it is a pain in the ass but it will be more consistent. I bought 29 plastic bottles that hold 35 grams each because I mix five gallons at a time and I just weigh up a whole bag at a once.

Thanks major great idea!! (henry ford would be proud..lol)

Quick question fellas. I'm currently in the middle of a light source change. I'm leaving HPS and replacing them with Cree cxa 3070 100 watt cobs. These actually have more lumens per watt yet much less heat. I'm able to feed pretty heavy during certain points in the grow cycle. Do you think the heat intensity change will cause me to lighten up on the Maxi? Just curious, it really doesn't matter either way. I'm just new to the technology as are most people. Yet I'm sure one of you is rocking the Crees with Kiss. I wasn't sure if the added lux would be enough to cover for all that heat loss?? Hmmmmm

Thanks man. Maxi is so cheap so more or less really doesn't matter. I'm purchasing a 16 lb bag so that should last for quite some time! I'm looking forward to blasting my rooms with more lumens than they have ever seen so it should be interesting. Low heat maintenance, the ease of KISS, and the simplicity of the passive hydro almost seems too good to be true:)
I will let you folks know how I make out.

Doesn't need to be exactly precise, I just ballpark it, but if you want to weigh it that's fine.. Under t5s I keep the ec level at anywhere from 1.0 to 1.3 in veg as soon as clone roots hit the water. And keep it there all through veg (5 weeks)

Then in flower under a 1k I run 1.5 to 1.8ec of both.. Doesn't need to be precise. I just use the level scoop in the bag

I've been using 6.3 gm/gal maxigrow now for the first 1.5 weeks of flowering and the plants look great. Fwiw I'm weighing the amount since I only make up 1-2 gal of solution at a time and there's no convenient round measure for that amount.

My newly-rooted cuttings have been getting the 4.2 gm/gal strength maxigrow.

nukklehead

Thanks man. Maxi is so cheap so more or less really doesn't matter. I'm purchasing a 16 lb bag so that should last for quite some time! I'm looking forward to blasting my rooms with more lumens than they have ever seen so it should be interesting. Low heat maintenance, the ease of KISS, and the simplicity of the passive hydro almost seems too good to be true:)
I will let you folks know how I make out.

sounds good grass looking forward to your progress.. 1K.. great in the cool season but is
a bit of effort cooling her in the summer.. Too cheap to change lights not to mention to
old and stuck in my ways.. lol.. maxi kiss coco may not be the best but is the easiest method
i have run across over 13 years..

fwiw basement scrogger, maxi kiss coco myself..

not bustin your chops but i use 2.5 gallon hemps.. cuts down on
the 5 gallon bucket height and can use more plants.. just my .02 but if you are dialed in dont change anything.. peace....grow on!

DoDad

My plants look awesome!! Super healthy with nothing more that MB. I have two plants in full flower and 3 in veg. All look great.

Apache Kush

I calculated with 8.6g/l to pair the level of nitrogen, but you are right, they are closer this way.

View Image

8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom vs 7g MaxiBloom
View Image
Sum of differences = 270ppm

7g MaxiBloom ratios
  • N:p2O5:K2O ratio = 1 : 3 : 2.8
  • N:p:K ratio = 1 : 1.3 : 2.3
  • Ca:Mg ratio = 1.4 : 1
  • K:N ratio = 2.3 : 1
  • NO3:NH4 ratio = 9 : 1

8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom ratios
  • N:p2O5:K2O ratio = 1 : 1.9 : 1.7
  • N:p:K ratio = 1.2 : 1 : 1.7
  • Ca:Mg ratio = 1.8 : 1
  • K:N ratio = 1.4 : 1
  • NO3:NH4 ratio = 15.7 : 1
There are still differences even in the nutrient ratios.

7ml Micro + 14ml Bloom vs 8.6g MaxiBloom
View Image
Sum of differences = 487ppm
nice:laughing:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I've been using 6.3 gm/gal maxigrow now for the first 1.5 weeks of flowering and the plants look great. Fwiw I'm weighing the amount since I only make up 1-2 gal of solution at a time and there's no convenient round measure for that amount.

My newly-rooted cuttings have been getting the 4.2 gm/gal strength maxigrow.

how u liking the maxi gro? back in march i was on ebay looking for prices on maxibloom bc of this thread. i seen maxi gro and maxi bloom for 31$ which was 4.4 lbs of maxi gro and 4.4 lbs of maxi bloom. i checked it again this week and its not 54$ so they must have had it labled wrong. so i figured why not use it since i bascailly got it for free. so far im liking how they are greening up with the Maxi gro. im adding floalicious plus,ful-power and rapid start and loving it as of now. the maxi gro dissolves really fast.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok hold up... I thought the point of this method was to use JUST Maxibloom with NO additives? So why are you guys messing with it, not hating or causing shit just curious since on the first page it's just Maxibloom..

sidewing

I don't really see why people think using maxigrow is messing with anything.. when maxibloom is a 2 product line.. maxiBLOOM for bloom, and maxiGROW for veg. that's it.

it's still simple. they both have the same direction of 1tsp per gallon. (although maxigrow has a slightly higher ec).

KISS being Lucas formula (very close to maxibloom) which CAN be used all through flower and veg. but why not use the product intended to veg with?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well the whole point of this method was to use JUST Maxibloom with nothing else ALL the way through. I dunno just was curious, seems like the thread turned into something else...

sidewing

guess it depends on how you look at it. point of the thread in my opinion was keeping it simple, steering away from several lines of bottled watered down solutions.. and going with a one part product that you use a scoop per gallon roughly.

there's always gonna be tweaks and fine tuning done on the user end if needed. it's just a starting point to build from.

maxigrow is made by the same company, its part of the same line, its a dry powder, it comes with the same scoop, the only difference is the ratios of nutrients. in my opinion that's not far reaching to use the product that is intended for veg state in veg state. it's still as simple, the exact same concept, just geared toward veg.

important thing is use what you want. if you are happy using maxibloom in veg and flower then use it. if you're happier using maxigrow in veg and switching to maxibloom in flower, then use it. there's more than one way to skin a cat, and severely limiting the topic of conversation relating to the thread doesn't get us anywhere as far as progression.

maxibloom/lucas formlula is not a final one size fits all formula sent to us by God, some things need to be tweaked, and I feel it's ok to talk about such tweaks to help the next person who may be looking to improve.

anything posted online will always need to be adjusted slightly for your garden. no one garden is alike.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Well the whole point of this method was to use JUST Maxibloom with nothing else ALL the way through. I dunno just was curious, seems like the thread turned into something else...

That's correct. You have people trying to jack the thread and turn it into their way of doing things, instead of starting their own thread, which no one wants to read anyway. So they latch onto this one to get their own 2 cents in, and then keep going ad infinitum, mucking up the thread.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
That's correct. You have people trying to jack the thread and turn it into their way of doing things, instead of starting their own thread, which no one wants to read anyway. So they latch onto this one to get their own 2 cents in, and then keep going ad infinitum, mucking up the thread.

I've noticed that is why I was like WTF? I see a lot of newbies that popped up and joined last year my guess is most are from CO haha.. All good just make your own thread like I would do I made the Rezipe with CES but made a thread...

Latest posts

Latest posts