What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

smoooth

That GDP is great!

BTW I am currently running my aquamist small hydro setup in my spare closet. It is running under a 2ft 4 bulb t5.
7grams per gallon maxibloom for the last 3-4 days and the roots are already exploding out the bottom of the net pots.
Strains are blue hash and romulan. Once they veg for a little while(maybe another week) I'm going to flip them to 12/12 and see what happens:)
I'll try and get some pics up shortly.

Tyga

Veteran
Currently 3 weeks into flowering and feeding with about 5g a gallon of maxi... bring's my tap to around 850PPM and my leaves are doing some funky stuff... anyone have any ideas? Do I need to up my PPMS? Looks like a deficiency opposed to some sort of a burn.. heres a few pics. Darkish green in the middle that gets pale towards the outer part of the leaves. Medium is FFOF/Perlite 70/30... PH around 6.3-6.5
25frodl.png

2i6oyuh.png

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I would guess you are underfeeding. At 7g a gallon I have seen some plants still get some yellowing on the lower growth. My EC runs at 1.4.

G

Guest 18340

Where abouts on the plant are the leaves yellowing like that?
If it's from the bottom then I would agree with Maj.Cottonmouth.

Tyga

Veteran
Where abouts on the plant are the leaves yellowing like that?
If it's from the bottom then I would agree with Maj.Cottonmouth.

There actually showing more of the yellow towards the top fan leaves.... I upped them to around 1000PPM.. and yes my tap comes out around 150PPM.
Getting a blue lab guardian monitor in tomorrow so I will most likely do a whole rez change out and go with 7G a gallon...

There actually showing more of the yellow towards the top fan leaves.... I upped them to around 1000PPM.. and yes my tap comes out around 150PPM.
Getting a blue lab guardian monitor in tomorrow so I will most likely do a whole rez change out and go with 7G a gallon...

your going to love the guardian man.

so much easier to walk into the room and know whats up at a glance rather than bending down opening res top, and checking with a hand meter

its expensive but its money well spent

Tyga

Veteran
your going to love the guardian man.

so much easier to walk into the room and know whats up at a glance rather than bending down opening res top, and checking with a hand meter

its expensive but its money well spent

Thanks man,I have a regular Hanna handheld and it's a PITA and always give's me sketchy readings. So you guys thinking I need to up the feeding even though majority of the yellowing is on the upper fan leaves?

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Sorry man I assumed those were lower leaves you were showing in the pic. If it is upper leaves yellowing I would think you are experiencing a lockout. What is the pH of your res?

///EDIT/// Sorry, went back and read you keep it at 6.3-6.5, I run much lower (5.6-5.9) but I am in coco and treat it like hydro. With soil I think you want bump you high end up to 6.7 or 6.8, per the chart below you would be starting to cut out P, Ca and Ma if you don't go above 6.5.

picture.php

Last edited:

Tyga

Veteran
Sorry man I assumed those were lower leaves you were showing in the pic. If it is upper leaves yellowing I would think you are experiencing a lockout. What is the pH of your res?

///EDIT/// Sorry, went back and read you keep it at 6.3-6.5, I run much lower (5.6-5.9) but I am in coco and treat it like hydro. With soil I think you want bump you high end up to 6.7 or 6.8, per the chart below you would be starting to cut out P, Ca and Ma if you don't go above 6.5.

View Image

Thanks Maj cottonmouth you've been a great help and i'll be sure to +rep when i get to my comp. i was watering on the lower side (6.3-6.5) because i've always noticed my RO when using ocean forest is a few points higher than what I originally watered with.
I have a feeling my PH meter is actin a little funky... My bluelab guardian arrives first thing in the morning so ill make sure to empty the rez, go with 7g exact and make sure my PH is on point. If that dosent fix the problem im stumped! Good thing my next run is with Coco :)

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
No problem man and I hope everything straightens out for you. I used cheap Milwaukee meters and had problems, I am so happy I spent $100 and bought a BlueLab pH pen. A good pH meter will make your life much easier. And you are going to love coco, I do anyway. So freakin' easy to get great healthy growth.

Me too.

I've heard it through the grapevine, that perhaps that's why we depend on the micro-herds. They break-down the component nutrients, minerals, metals and salts, to a usable form the plants can uptake. (over-simplified, and perhaps over-generalized, but I'm a simple guy...generally)

MaxiBloom can be rough on some plants, (usually my sativa dominates) especially here in the heat of the desert. Since I mix different nutrients to different needs, (dilution strengths) I prefer the flexibility of the KoolBlom as an additive to my Tiger Bloom, so far. And a dash of unsulfered molasses. (carbs, iron, mag, calcium...) Molasses can take the place of CalMag Plus and any carbo-load product(s) one may use. I use less molasses and Tiger Bloom when using the KoolBloom, or I use less KoolBloom and Tiger Bloom because of the molasses. However you look at it, it's working pretty good, lol.

View Image

The bigger buds are Haze x Skunk, (2 weeks from harvest) tall ones are White Widow, (3.5 weeks into flower) the others are PokerFace. (3 weeks into flower for most)
Everything through the soil, never a foliar feeding, Fox Farms nutes, (about half-dose) KoolBloom additive, molasses. Keepin it simple, lol. (sort of)

what sort of problems do you run into with Sativas? i'm switching to KISS in the next week and have some clones of a real stretchy Sativa. what problems are going to arise?

Imo, it's not so much the Sat dom strain but the desert heat.

For starters, doesn't matter how hot it is OUTSIDE, I have this thing called an air conditioner. Works great, lol.

But yes, I have run my flower shed at 90-95 degrees constant for many summers, (and on occasion just over 100 degrees) before being able to bring that operation indoors. If you keep other conditions within acceptable parameters, and train (acclimate) them, then the heat is not as major an issue as purists proclaim.

But we were talking nutrients here, and sativa dominates are notoriously finicky, especially if you over-do her nutes. They tend to burn (stress) easier, and excessive heat or excessive cold, compound that 'prissiness'. But a lot will depend on the plants genetics. If there's more indica in the sativa plant's background, it might just want more nutrients than it's sativa counterparts.

I'd pick the brains of other's that have grown that exact strain from the same breeder...and see what she prefers. Then look-up that same strain, but from other breeders. (research your strains...usually BEFORE purchase, lol)

That yellow leaf shown before...possible iron def, possible overwatering, possible nutrient lock-out...possibly a combo of all...

redlevels

read all 136 pages

read all 136 pages

Ahhhh... what a pleasure to have read all of this thread hats off :tiphat:

I got the maxigrow, maxibloom and dry koolbloom, but i wonder about the liquid koolbloom, i dont have it and wonder if i sould get it? Is it important to use it, what's it intended to do to the plant?

Ty in advance.....
:thank you:

EDIT: never mind i found the answer at the products advertisement page...

"Liquid KoolBloom initiates profuse flowering by increasing flowering sites, limiting bud aborting, & builds bigger blooms. Enriched with stress reducing vitamins & nutrient transporting acids, liquid KoolBloom provides the essential nutrients needed by plants to initiate explosive flowering & build bigger blooms. Start using Liquid KoolBloom during the transitional period between vegetative & flowering phases. The formula will promote heavy production of essential oils & increases fruit & flower development without damaging young & delicate root systems"

Last edited:
Ahhhh... what a pleasure to have read all of this thread hats off :tiphat:

I got the maxigrow, maxibloom and dry koolbloom, but i wonder about the liquid koolbloom, i dont have it and wonder if i sould get it? Is it important to use it, what's it intended to do to the plant?

Be careful! You're not over thinking things here. The idea is K.I.S.S.

IMHO, There's only what I'd describe as casual mention of MaxiGrow and both KoolBloom products in the totality of this thread.

To help you keep it simple; This is shot of Trainwreck(?) at day 40 of a Maxibloom and only Maxibloom scrog.

IMG_0552.jpg