What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Be careful! You're not over thinking things here. The idea is K.I.S.S.

IMHO, There's only what I'd describe as casual mention of MaxiGrow and both KoolBloom products in the totality of this thread.

To help you keep it simple; This is shot of Trainwreck(?) at day 40 of a Maxibloom and only Maxibloom scrog.

View Image

But.. but.. imagine how much better it would be if you put a bunch more junk in with it!!!

mgk :hide:

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Ahhhh... what a pleasure to have read all of this thread hats off :tiphat:

I got the maxigrow, maxibloom and dry koolbloom, but i wonder about the liquid koolbloom, i dont have it and wonder if i sould get it? Is it important to use it, what's it intended to do to the plant?

Ty in advance.....
:thank you:

EDIT: never mind i found the answer at the products advertisement page...

"Liquid KoolBloom initiates profuse flowering by increasing flowering sites, limiting bud aborting, & builds bigger blooms. Enriched with stress reducing vitamins & nutrient transporting acids, liquid KoolBloom provides the essential nutrients needed by plants to initiate explosive flowering & build bigger blooms. Start using Liquid KoolBloom during the transitional period between vegetative & flowering phases. The formula will promote heavy production of essential oils & increases fruit & flower development without damaging young & delicate root systems"
Maxibloom only for me, nothing else..end of story

G

Guest 18340

For starters, doesn't matter how hot it is OUTSIDE, I have this thing called an air conditioner. Works great, lol.

But yes, I have run my flower shed at 90-95 degrees constant for many summers, (and on occasion just over 100 degrees) before being able to bring that operation indoors. If you keep other conditions within acceptable parameters, and train (acclimate) them, then the heat is not as major an issue as purists proclaim.

But we were talking nutrients here, and sativa dominates are notoriously finicky, especially if you over-do her nutes. They tend to burn (stress) easier, and excessive heat or excessive cold, compound that 'prissiness'. But a lot will depend on the plants genetics. If there's more indica in the sativa plant's background, it might just want more nutrients than it's sativa counterparts.

I'd pick the brains of other's that have grown that exact strain from the same breeder...and see what she prefers. Then look-up that same strain, but from other breeders. (research your strains...usually BEFORE purchase, lol)

That yellow leaf shown before...possible iron def, possible overwatering, possible nutrient lock-out...possibly a combo of all...
"MaxiBloom can be rough on some plants, (usually my sativa dominates) especially here in the heat of the desert"
Was I wrong to assume you where referring to plants being grown outside?
I don't know about the desert heat but here in the heat of a Fla summer I have to cut down slightly the amount of nutrients, be it Maxibloom or what have you, or they burn. I'm talking about the C99 I flower outside year round. Indoors the Cindy handles 7g/gal no sweat.
Indica/doms tolerate it better but once the temps start hitting the mid 90's then they need tailoring as well otherwise they burn.
I agree that my Cindy tends to become more finicky the hotter the temp but by mid-summer they all get less nutrients and more water.
Sorry for any misunderstanding:tiphat:

Last edited:
G

Guest 88950

EVL

you run any 100% sativas using mb.............i was going to run a few pure sativas in soil b/c i am afraid of burning them in coco + MB and once i feel more comfortable with them ill try growin them in coco..........though id ask.

G

Guest 18340

Sorry SSH, Cindy has been the most SAt strain for me.
I did run a ThaiHaze Skunk in the ground with Maxibloom but had to chop her for security reasons once she hit 8' tall.

G

Guest 88950

cool......C99 & BlockHead are the most sativa dom strains i got but i will be poppin ACE Zamadelica & VietBlack Thai and a server fund pick up from Nachillo.......SuperMadreBlanca.

guess they will go in dirt then.

djmjb

I use maxi bloom, kool bloom, silica as a synthetic base to my mostly organic feeding regimine... Works great 8)

G

gloryoskie

Switched to MB 3 weeks ago. Thanks to all the posters, valuable information, even the flame wars. How many grams in a teaspoon, amazing!

I will not miss the organic dance, thanks, props to those who embrace organics in a micro, non climate controlled environment. Not for me anymore.

MaxiBloom, Protekt, Floro Bloom, and coco hempys for me.

K.I.S.S., the other white meat.

chiming in my two cents

using maxi bloom dont have a scale to read so i just use the scoop ill give them a extra half-full school extra at the end

works good but only have one plant that yellows at the bottom and a light green i think it just genetics thought because it grows nuts

maxibloom/molasses/Epsom salt
in coco and coco/ocean forest

Tyga

Veteran
So you guys go 7G of maxi right from the start? Are you using soiless mediums like coco?
Personally i've been a little worried about hitting a seedling with 800-900PPM water... Have been starting them in solo cups with soil until they outgrow that and then start hitting them with the full 7G of maxi after the transplant into coco.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I am running coco and I use full strength except when first germing the seeds in straight water and during flush. Planted but unsprouted seeds and clones until flush get the full monty. I like not needing different mixes on hand, one jug does it all :D

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Yeah. With seedlings, I don't feed when watering at all until the first set of real leaves show signs of hunger. After that, they get what everybody else gets.

Been trying to live up to my name and K.I.S.S. recently. I'm definately a fan!

Here's some rambling about what I've settled in on....Real easy and the plants seem to love it!

Of course I like to play....
Played around with all RO/dehumid water and combining it with diff %'s of .2-.3 tap..... Played around with %'s of MaxiGrow and Maxibloom in veg....and of course have played around with cal mag and silica....

Here's what I've personally found has been best/simplest....I'm in coco

Stay away from the Maxigrow....results are best with 100% maxibloom in veg. Any amount of maxigrow only hurts. Plants in veg are doing well with all maxibloom or nearly full strength maxibloom w/ a little calmag.

All RO/dehumid water with this stuff leaves way too much ph instability for me....Super low ph that creeps up as you ph-up/silica it every half hour and check on it, finally get it in range, then the next day ph has drifted up to 6.4!....50/50 with no adjustment and ph went to 6 and drifted up a little from there....but with about 1/4 tap and 3/4 RO/Dehumid water and full strength maxibloom, ph is settling right in at 5.5, drifting up to 5.7-5.8 in a day or two. Plants have been happy with this and of course your results may vary

I started with the weighing 7g and got to the point where I kinda knew what EC that turns out to be for me (1.8-1.9EC on my trucheon stick meter when I start with that .1 h20 mix I talked about)....so now I just

Fill up bucket with the 3/4 dehud/RO water and 1/4 tap...
Shake up more than enough maxibloom in a jar with hot water....
Pour it in the bucket as I stir with the meter till it gets up to 1.8...
For me, with this mix of water, ph is settling right in a 5.5-5.6 and drifting up a tenth or two in the next day.

For veg I've just been diluting that mix a little (maybe 1.5 EC for vegging plants), maybe adding a drop of cal mag and about half strength .8 EC for little freshly rooted cuttings.

I've used H+G coco A+B, Floranova, and the 6/9 General Hydro lucas formula in the past. I think this stuff has a little less N then these other nutes? Approaching too high an EC with these other mixes meant leaf curl.....that's how I knew I was overfeeding. With Maxibloom a little too much feed is showing up with a little harmless tip burn which I prefer. Again, just my observations.

As a whole it's really simple and cheap!

I'll be back with some picks of my current grow in a month or so when there's pics worth showing.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Several pages ago someone made a snarky comment about the lack of pics of people being successful with KISS and I think in the tone of the comment the message was lost so I am happy to show what I am doing with B'Cuzz coco straight out of the bag, MaxiBloom @ 7 grams per gallon of tap water, 4-5 ml per gallon Silica Blast, .4ml per gallon Drip Clean and pH Up and Down. And awesome genetics of course, this is Satellite Fuel from 40AmpstoFreedom and they are at 33 days of flowering.

picture.php

This is a little baby bottom nug of Mad Dog Madness x Sour Dog from House of Love.

picture.php

If you would like to learn more check out the numbered links in my sig :D

Several pages ago someone made a snarky comment about the lack of pics of people being successful with KISS and I think in the tone of the comment the message was lost so I am happy to show what I am doing... :D

No doubt pictures tend to quell the skeptical.

Back in post # 2035 I posted this pic of a Trainwreck bud at 40 days of 12/12
IMG_0552.jpg

She's at 60 days now. And have a gander at the bud just to the right. It's exploded up in the last 20 days.
IMG_0585.jpg

From the day the clone was cut to what you see here is ALL Maxibloom all the time. It's so easy to use that if it takes me more than a few minutes a day for maintenance,it's cause I'm enjoying the view.
IMG_0581.jpg

Gremista

wish i had maxibloom or any other decent liquid ferts to sell in shops near me... or at least by an affordable price.

Looks really impressive the simplicity and performance.

cheers from Brazil.

Tyga

Veteran
Never messed with silica blast... just read a little bit on it and it pretty much builds up the plants tolerance. This sounds like it would be good for me with the hot heat I'm dealing with... have it somewhat under control sitting around mid 80's with lights on which is still a little high for my liking but oh well.

TokerAce

Sorry peeps I strayed from KISS and tried Veg-Bloom but I am back now! It didnt go well and had to go back to MB to save this harvest!
Bsafe

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Never messed with silica blast... just read a little bit on it and it pretty much builds up the plants tolerance. This sounds like it would be good for me with the hot heat I'm dealing with... have it somewhat under control sitting around mid 80's with lights on which is still a little high for my liking but oh well.

My room has been running pretty hot, 85F with spikes up to 95 but you wouldn't know it looking at my plants. I really like SilicaBlast and it is not terribly expensive. Add it to you water first and then the nutes, it will raise the pH.

Sorry peeps I strayed from KISS and tried Veg-Bloom but I am back now! It didnt go well and had to go back to MB to save this harvest!
Bsafe

Sorry to hear your experimenting didn't go well but I am very glad you were able to save it.

Latest posts

Latest posts