What's new

The ideal location for a grow op?

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Of coarse the lease will tell you not to do it! hahah but will you?
I like changing locks... for what ever reason... person before you, land lord, anyone that may had have access to the home your trying to potentially grow in... or would you rather come back home one day with police man chewing on your meds?
I rent and enviction is 30 day where im at i believe.

Not helping much in your input dude smoke some inspirational and get back to me.:artist:

I have had a few very nice Sport for growing.. Generally you wanna go check the property for a few days.... go at night to check if any police man live around your area... or by you:moon:
if you can find a home with 200amp do it!
I like fenced homes..... "No one can knock on my door unless I open Gate" always helps. Make sure the home is not too old because you might run into problems with the house you sure don't want anyone coming over to fix it!! or having to tell a land lord... if you had one of coarse....

Much better if you can buy a place... Then you can really set a nice grow with everything required and do what ever you wish.
Having a warehouse/barn or storage within the property is a plus.
oh and most importantly Get Legal before anything! ;)
:wave: all the best

Agreed, nothing like the piece of mind of owning.

If renting, make sure landlord is chill and house is in good shape forsure.

DaPurps

Been in the buss before, renting out to tenants.

30days late, im calling the sheriff and he is coming to watch me throw you out. Like it or not.

One time the sheriff came and let me get started, you know, literally putting peoples stuff on the street side. He left 5 minutes later, let me continue.

That's reality

zenoonez

Veteran

30days late, im calling the sheriff and he is coming to watch me throw you out. Like it or not.

One time the sheriff came and let me get started, you know, literally putting peoples stuff on the street side. He left 5 minutes later, let me continue.

That's reality

Without the eviction process being done you open both yourself and the sheriff to legal action.

DaPurps

When you are dealing with tenants that do not pay rent, that usually mean they trashed your rental also. I am not lumping "renters" in a group, BUT it is not uncommon that renters are lower income, lower education levels then home owners and landlords. When I show up with a sheriff and start throwing them out, they are not usally worried about me per say.

MY STUFF ! They scream, where am i going to live, where am i going to put all of this, how am i going to get it off the curb before people steal it !

I have never had legal ramifications. The opposite actually. One lady tried me in court, the judge ruled in my favor. Will i ever see a dime from that ruling ? No. Doesn't matter. She's gone. That Judgement will follow her around though. So, she's now a renter forever, unless she comes clean.

Renting, leasing, being a landlord, evictions. It's all sketchy. But a month late on rent, you better not have a grow, cause i will see it.

Would have. I quit renting out property, it just gets trashed everytime.

zenoonez

Veteran
Oh I understand, I am just saying, there is a legal process for a reason. As a landlord, not following the process opens you up to legal ramifications. I have seen landlords ruled against before and had to let a renter they knew was up to no good back into their house because they didn't follow the law. A huge mistake they only discovered two and a half months later when they actually followed the process and got back a house with holes in the walls, carpet torn up, appliances gone. Not to mention the risk the sheriff is taking, he knows the laws and is acting in an unlawful way.

DaPurps

I won't argue that. There is a process, according to the law.

Just letting people know, that the law is not always the way it happens.

Hopefully no one in here is faced with eviction WHILE growing in the house. That's just not smart. Everyone catches a bad break at some point, maybe can't make rent a few months. It happens. Just tear down because people will be wanting to come in.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran

That's reality
The way it should be.

If you're late on payments you might as well be safe and shut down the grow just in case.

You can pull an op off virtually anywhere, hell Julian ran city spots with 100's and often pulled. Go for a house in the nicest area you can find and afford. Lower-income, high-crime areas present the danger of being robbed and naturally attract police which could lead to them to pry their way into your grow if they have the slightest suspicion. Garages are ok, however pedestrians may hear the loud fans. It also may leave a neighbor wondering why your car is parked on the street. An extra bedroom or two with bushes or fencing blocking the window is ideal. Basements are tits but don't exist everywhere. Landlords that allow pets seem to be more lax. The best are the ones living out of town. Ask questions that infer innocence, ie is this neighborhood safe for kids to play in.

Once you've signed your lease be as least damaging as you can to the house and always keep it clean. The yard too. Respecting the owner's house may prevent him from calling the cops and rather just simply evicting you. Cute pets are always a good way to break the ice with neighbors.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Omg I think I just blew a load.

Yeah I hear yeah bro! I first saw those in another thread here on ICMag and had the same "involuntary" response...

where did you find that? growerswetdream.com?

I guess you could say just exactly that... LOL I found it right here, I just can't find the thread again.

Man that would be the ultimate location. That one even has the airport for distribution to patients.:dance013:

hamstring

Veteran
I won't argue that. There is a process, according to the law.

Just letting people know, that the law is not always the way it happens.

Hopefully no one in here is faced with eviction WHILE growing in the house. That's just not smart. Everyone catches a bad break at some point, maybe can't make rent a few months. It happens. Just tear down because people will be wanting to come in.

Agree 100%. I knew a guy who never rented to women with children and always to what he called the regular man.

He would show up with the keys on a weekday throw all the guys shit on curb and change the locks and wait for an angry phone call.

Once he received the call he would simply tell the tenant, "Find a new place I will give you a good recommendation if you cause no problems." Never had one person take him to court. Most people will not go through the trouble because they don’t have the means to fight something that doesn’t put anything in your pocket but the security deposit.

The only trouble was the one time he broke his rule "women with children" whole different story and should be in my mind for the child’s sake if nothing else.

There’s the law and then how its really done always two different things.

zenoonez

Veteran
Thats exactly why you change the locks. Had a landlord try to do that while I was in college because he wanted to sell the house and had a buyer. Tried to unlock the door and found his keys didn't work... was an angry phone call to me. I told him to fuck off, I had read the lease and it wasn't prohibited and that he didn't have the backing in the lease to kick me out to sell the house. He lost the buyer and was there the day our lease ended. We had all our shit out and barbecued and drank beer until 12:00 AM when the house was legally his again. Lol. College, the stupid shit you do right?

DasFox

Oh I understand, I am just saying, there is a legal process for a reason. As a landlord, not following the process opens you up to legal ramifications. I have seen landlords ruled against before and had to let a renter they knew was up to no good back into their house because they didn't follow the law. A huge mistake they only discovered two and a half months later when they actually followed the process and got back a house with holes in the walls, carpet torn up, appliances gone. Not to mention the risk the sheriff is taking, he knows the laws and is acting in an unlawful way.
FOOLISH...

Including landlords who turn off utilities...

THANKS

DasFox

Maybe some people live in SMALL towns or places where LEO overrules LAW...

All most all states are moddelled on Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (URLTA) in 1972...

Landlord in full control AS LONG AS LAW not violated...

Sheriffs know this...

Tenant has little rights if LAW violated...EVICTED...

THANKS

C

Cheeb

No...! Reason for eviction and Landlord entry without notification...

THANKS
Changing the locks?
Nothing gives the landlord right to break into the residence - even if you've changed the locks. Nothing short of property abandonment, but I believe there is still a time they must wait befor entering the property. Even if the locks are changed which violates the lease the landlord still has to properly evict w/ sheriff on site when THAT time comes. They cant just break in upon discovery of the locks being changed...at least not around here.

Around here entering the property and taking it upon oneself to evict the tenant and their things is NOT how it goes down. Proper eviction is a lengthy process here were notices, etc must go down after failure to pay. If the tenant isn't notified properly (certified) and at the right time it only delays the process 30-60 days.

Unfortunate for good landlords w/ shitty tenants.

- -

I'm not saying landlords dont do what they want, but any landlord who takes it into their own hands to break into a property better be expecting the tentant to protect the place just as if he was a theif trying to break in.

Latest posts

Latest posts