What's new

The ideal location for a grow op?

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
What would you say is the ideal situation/type of location to grow indoors?

If you think it's to own a house, then what type of house, what type of location, what style, build, design? Where abouts in the house? Attic? Basement? Create a hidden room? Talk about what you think is the ideal setup.

If you think it's better to have an apartment, then where? How many bedrooms? Would you want one with a private attic, or basement, or would a 2nd or 3rd bedroom be more to your ideal? What type of apartment? What floor? Multi Family house?

City? Country?

What is your take on the ideal location?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
house on acreage with livestock.
grow in a hulled out singlewide behind the house.(if you had the money to sink it even better)

Iraganji

Another vote for single family with basement....a dry one.
Some basements can house hidden area's more easily than others, if it's doable, do it.

F

feral

What would you say is the ideal situation/type of location to grow indoors?

The ideal location is one that NO-ONE else knows about

E

el dub

Careful with the rural areas. The locals will know you are there and if you give them no interesting fodder for discussion, many are apt to just make something up when the gossip train comes through.

Reminds me of stories I hear from a friend living in da UP of Michigan. Every once in awhile someone will pull a crime in the city (Chicago, Milwaukee, etc) and flee to the UP to lay low. They figure it must be a good place to get lost in, as there are few people. However, those folks often get caught simply for sticking out like a sore thumb to the locals.

lw

dustin27

Veteran
Thanks for that info el dub. Thats a good point. We just moved to a nice rural area out of town. Met one of the neighbors, nice guy. Didnt ask what I did, but if anyone wonders why we dont leave the house every single day, its because I work from home, online.

edit...im legal to grow also. I'm not as worried about this rural area because of that. I think this question is more for huge commercial ops/

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Careful with the rural areas. The locals will know you are there and if you give them no interesting fodder for discussion, many are apt to just make something up when the gossip train comes through.

Reminds me of stories I hear from a friend living in da UP of Michigan. Every once in awhile someone will pull a crime in the city (Chicago, Milwaukee, etc) and flee to the UP to lay low. They figure it must be a good place to get lost in, as there are few people. However, those folks often get caught simply for sticking out like a sore thumb to the locals.

lw

Truth,

I was a farm boy most of my life. Country folk notice things going on in the area and they talk.

S

Sir_Nugget

grow inside of a grow tent,, put the grow tent inside of a house that u r renting.. o and keep ur DISTANCE from the general populatus... don't be stupid, and keep within means

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
AtFArtistRend.jpg

Surely one of the most unique real estate properties you could own, the missile silo home sits on 20 acres (with 85 additional acres available) of manicured grounds, forest and trails. Above ground, it features a hangar and spacious open living room and fireplace with wrap around porch. Below ground, and accessible via stairs from above ground home in what was once the launch control center, now is a two level, 2300 sq.ft., 3 bedroom 2-1/2 bath with open living area and kitchen adjoined by a spiral staircase.

Features: a new well / 200 amp electrical service / phone / original 1800 gallon functional septic. Contemporary fiber optic effect lighting along with natural sunlight rendition back lighting. High circulation venting (two 18" vent tubes), specifically designed to handle the demands of everyday living as well as those that may be posed in a crisis situation. (i.e. a nuclear or biochemical attack).

Huge doors open to a large tunnel that accesses the silo that has an additional 20,000 square feet of useable space with unlimited possibilities. The perfect getaway home, it has its own direct runway access, its climate controlled and is capable of withstanding a nuclear hit.

The Silo has a climate constant/approx. 58 degree earth ambient temperature. It is 52' diameter x 178' deep / 9 floor steel superstructure. Entire steel superstructure hangs from gigantic spring suspension system designed to absorb shock of a direct nuclear hit.

AtFNYAirstrip.jpg

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
I don't see any mention of an attic, but many like the basement. Why is that?

I would think an attic is more difficult to get to, and would be more ideal. Less likely to be broken into or peeked into, more privacy, and also the noise level would be less.

Is it because of heat signature? Say you were only running 2 600's? My thought is if the air is circulated well there wouldn't be much of a heat footprint.

I'm looking for a top floor apartment in a multi-family with a walk-up attic for storage.

Bad idea?

How about a 1st floor apartment with private basement?

Can't afford a house unfortunately...

GIS

I think the best situation is to own. Whether it be a house, or a commercial building. That gives you full control over your own real estate. With renting landlord issues can be costly, stressful and very annoying.

In my opinion I'd say my order of preference would be this:
1. Own commercial building
2. Own house
3. Rent house
4. Rent commercial building
5. Rent apartment

I think growing is doable, and can be done in all these locations. This is just the order I would prefer them.

Where I am from there aren't many houses with basements. I actually think 2 story home with upstairs work great. That way you can have people downstairs and be none the wiser to what is going on upstairs. It also allows you to vent vertically, up and through or into the attic, and then outside. Growing in an attic would be hard, and unnecessary in my opinion. It gets way too hot and, there are just a lot of issues you'd have to deal with. Spare bedroom works best, I think. If it's upstairs then nosey people can't try to peer through windows, or whatever. I think garages are great locations too, but since it's at ground level issue it's not really as hidden as upstairs. I've had people come in and do work, install cable, etc, and they have no idea. People have literally been standing a few feet away from flowering plants and have absolutely no idea. You can really hide it anywhere, if you have smell and light leaks under control.

I think the city is better. It's like you are hiding amongst the crowd. Have you seen cities from an airplane? It looks like a million identical houses and ants down there, easy to blend in. Especially the new type of suburbs where every house looks exactly the same. But if things get more legal then it might be better to get into a commercial real estate situation.

G

greenmatter

AtFArtistRend.jpg

Surely one of the most unique real estate properties you could own, the missile silo home sits on 20 acres (with 85 additional acres available) of manicured grounds, forest and trails. Above ground, it features a hangar and spacious open living room and fireplace with wrap around porch. Below ground, and accessible via stairs from above ground home in what was once the launch control center, now is a two level, 2300 sq.ft., 3 bedroom 2-1/2 bath with open living area and kitchen adjoined by a spiral staircase.

Features: a new well / 200 amp electrical service / phone / original 1800 gallon functional septic. Contemporary fiber optic effect lighting along with natural sunlight rendition back lighting. High circulation venting (two 18" vent tubes), specifically designed to handle the demands of everyday living as well as those that may be posed in a crisis situation. (i.e. a nuclear or biochemical attack).

Huge doors open to a large tunnel that accesses the silo that has an additional 20,000 square feet of useable space with unlimited possibilities. The perfect getaway home, it has its own direct runway access, its climate controlled and is capable of withstanding a nuclear hit.

The Silo has a climate constant/approx. 58 degree earth ambient temperature. It is 52' diameter x 178' deep / 9 floor steel superstructure. Entire steel superstructure hangs from gigantic spring suspension system designed to absorb shock of a direct nuclear hit.

AtFNYAirstrip.jpg

where did you find that? growerswetdream.com?

Latest posts

Latest posts