What's new

The ideal location for a grow op?

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
The attic is a pain in the ass due to heating issues. its going to get super hot in an attic compared to the basement. the basement is insulated by the earth around you so its a lot easier to maintain a constant temperature. the attic is gonna change too often with the weather outside. good luck

aod

G

greenmatter

Anyone know anything about rent to own homes?

yes A. you better talk to a lawyer and not trust your "landlord". most of them will love it when you break your terms and have you out on your ass faster than any bank.

B. you are a renter until you own the house, so you can't do the things you could if you just owed a bank money.

zenoonez

Veteran
Landlords must evict tenants legally and usually that takes more than 30 days. If you do choose rent to own make sure you change ALL the locks including the garage door locks to make sure s/he doesn't just drop by. That being said you can get a rent to own situation worked out for much less money monthly than a typical rental. Perfect if the wiring is good and if you are in a legal area.

Cojito

you do have more control over your space when you own, and there are some really cheap homes out there right now, but if you do buy a home (or apt) and get caught growing they can take it all away from you. that means the property needs to be heavily mortgaged (the cops won't want to pay it off), and you'll need a way for you to keep paying that mortgage if you're in jail.

on the other hand, if you rent all they get is you and your gear. its not really that hard to grow in a rental. most landlords are busy with other shit and are just thrilled to have a responsible tenant who takes care of the unit and pays his rent on time.

STFU

Don't screw around with attics. (heat) Single story homes with large rooms and simple floor plan. Up to date electric. Don't want neighbors to close, but dont get a house in the boonies were those mountain freaks will think their watching Disturbia and call the cops if they see you hauling large bags into the garage. You want a connected garage to the house so you can unload supplies w/o neighbors seeing the promix. Basements are immune to FLR? Good tap water is helpful. Renting in general is sketchy but at the end of the day if thats what you have to do thats what you have to do. Or run a mortgage shell company scam that the Viets do.

DasFox

Originally Posted by DasFox
Underground like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5rvldFoAo8

Or by building underground throw earth dirt over a school bus...

THANKS

Wow that's amazing!

Aside from having train cars to bury, I wonder how difficult it would be to build something underground that is stable and effective. That would be ultimate stealth.
:tiphat: A lot of help...building underground is simple...

http://www.survivalring.org/Fallout-Shelter-Plans-and-More-From-SurvivalRing.zip

Diesel generators also underground for power...

Secret entrance necessary...

I have seen these rooms, very functional...great STEALTH...much Tech can be applied too...

THANKS

DasFox

Landlords must evict tenants legally and usually that takes more than 30 days.
WRONG...most states have same laws...eviction will happen in14 days or so...
If you do choose rent to own make sure you change ALL the locks including the garage door locks to make sure s/he doesn't just drop by.
BAD advice...Most leases will not allow...
That being said you can get a rent to own situation worked out for much less money monthly than a typical rental. Perfect if the wiring is good and if you are in a legal area.
WRONG...RTO usually more expensive...
Extra "rent" is downpayment...:tiphat:

R

rick shaw

Ideal location for a grow op would be between a ice cream shop and a BBQ joint.:blowbubbles:

zenoonez

Veteran
WRONG...most states have same laws...eviction will happen in14 days or so...BAD advice

WRONG. Worked for a landlord with more than 50 properties when I was younger, took 45 days minimum to get someone out of a property. If you think you can get in front of a judge, get your ruling, and get the sheriff out there to evict someone in 14 days, I want some of what you are smoking.

...Most leases will not allow...

All leases have a clause about illegal activity too, that mean you aren't going to grow in them for fear of breaking the lease? Not the case, change the locks, you will be thankful when you have done it and the landlord drops by when you aren't there to grab something out of the garage.

WRONG...RTO usually more expensive...
Extra "rent" is downpayment...:tiphat:

Rent in my neck of the woods, 900 3bed 2bath, RTO 2000 down for deposit(refundable) and 500-600 a month payment.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
if you DONT change ALL your locks when you move into a new rental you are TRIPPING.

even if you have no intentions to grow, CHANGE YOUR LOCKS

David762

Considering your screen name --

Considering your screen name --

What would you say is the ideal situation/type of location to grow indoors?

If you think it's to own a house, then what type of house, what type of location, what style, build, design? Where abouts in the house? Attic? Basement? Create a hidden room? Talk about what you think is the ideal setup.

If you think it's better to have an apartment, then where? How many bedrooms? Would you want one with a private attic, or basement, or would a 2nd or 3rd bedroom be more to your ideal? What type of apartment? What floor? Multi Family house?

City? Country?

What is your take on the ideal location?

Considering your screen name -- right smack dab in the middle of your 800+ acre ranch in Crawford, TX. Hell's bells, you're surrounded by a cadre of Secret Service, so anywhere you want would do just fine (just so long as GHW doesn't hit you up all the time for his glaucoma medicine). LOL
/snark

I would think that privacy, and space would be important. So, a nice large ranch-style house with an attached garage, and perhaps even a basement would do the trick -- rental properties of any sort, not so much.
:tiphat:

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Considering your screen name -- right smack dab in the middle of your 800+ acre ranch in Crawford, TX. Hell's bells, you're surrounded by a cadre of Secret Service, so anywhere you want would do just fine (just so long as GHW doesn't hit you up all the time for his glaucoma medicine). LOL
/snark

I would think that privacy, and space would be important. So, a nice large ranch-style house with an attached garage, and perhaps even a basement would do the trick -- rental properties of any sort, not so much.
:tiphat:

Yeah I had Cheney as a house guest a few months ago and now the whole place just stinks like fromunda cheese so I don't want to even be there let alone grow there. I decided to slum it and rent a place, live like the common folk:D

I know it's a little more dangerous, but buying a house is out of the question I got no cash and bad credit, so I'm trying to decide what type of apartment is gonna be the best option. It's a long and tedious search unfortunately.

Rather than just get anything I'm waiting for THE right place/situation to come up. I thought something with an attic would be ideal and aside from the summer I don't see temps being an issue really. At the very least I want to make sure I'm on the top floor wherever it is, cause I'm afraid of the scent cone traveling up and out. I think that sounds logical, no?

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
barried deep in a mountain like a missile silo... lol

run the whole thing off a solar powered generator.

and you're incognito

DasFox

WRONG. Worked for a landlord with more than 50 properties when I was younger, took 45 days minimum to get someone out of a property. If you think you can get in front of a judge, get your ruling, and get the sheriff out there to evict someone in 14 days, I want some of what you are smoking.
In the eight Southern states I have lived, 14 days tops...EVICTED...

On the street...
All leases have a clause about illegal activity too, that mean you aren't going to grow in them for fear of breaking the lease?
Unauthorized tenant repairs especially lock changes...EVICTION...