What's new

THE HYPERBOREA PROJECT

A

arcticsun

No problem for me, but those who are not happy, well i really don't mind, just try to communacate with people who are waiting for u articsun, you know what i mean? do you urself apreciate when people tell u something and then don't?
u know when u can't do something or what ever, it is not more easy to explain what happen? it is so hard to write some words or contact me in private to tell me if there is some problems?

I don't think so and this is want i call honesty...

everyone in this world had bad times, everyone make mistakes, so it is something normal...what is not normal is to stay without telling nothing to people which are waiting for ur results...

so i'd like to say that if i had rude words, well i apologize, but also i'd like to say that if u had bad times this can happen, but u need to comunicatye to explain, what u never did with me...

and i repeat here to those ones who show me there ass....lol i really don't mind lol it is soooo ridiculous, coz acting without knowing nothing about the story...HAHAHA
:dance013:

You know, you could have asked me what was going on via personal messaging. That would be an attempt to maintain good communication, instead the option of a public flogging was preferred, its easier to relate to pms then to the boards.

I will take into consideration what is expected of me in terms of time deadlines etc next time someone asks me if I could be so kind as to do a test grow for them.

I have saved some few beans of the Flash seeds test beans, i only have 1 super auto bean left and that is one single nirvana sky bean. Other then that i have 2 Purple M and 4 Jet47. I will try to find a carer to grow these for me, but i dont know if i will be allowed to show any pictures before the grow is completed.

niluola said:
Hey there my nordic brother!

Knowing (and feeling) what it is like way up here I have nothing but the utmost respect for your project. The result doesn't really matter at this stage, it's all about getting to it!

You know this is just the beginning...once more, respect!

:thank you::thank you: Its just the most humble beginning indeed :D

Its always a great pleasure to hear from someone with experience from the region :wave: I hope you stick around :tiphat:

offthehook said:
You'll get my Respect with capital R too arctic.

I once lived at the exact same extreme lattitude as you do now, so tell me all about it

Hey OTH :wave: Thank you very much for the support and great advice you have given me in response to this years grow. You guys have been a great support and inspiration for keeping trying to push the limits even further north and to find new places and methods all the time.

Massive respect right back atcha my friend :thank you:

@Stitch. Give without expectation other wise it's not a gift.
There's this wise words reading on this "love you"calender we own "quote": Do for others with no desire of returned favors.
We all should plant some trees we'll never sit under ."End quote".

Sure I'd get dissapointed too if someone screws up my seeds or doesn't give them the respect they deserve, but then again, it'd be wrong to only give conditionaly.
I use to check ppls back ground a bit usually before I give seed away, but that's the best I can do.
To any kind of beginner I'd be understanding and guiding/ explaning them first before seeds change hands but still I will always incalculate the usual screwups that inherently seem to happen to lesser experienced.
After they'll leave your hands, It'll be up to the spirits of what's to happen to them.

I'm keeping my eye on arcticsun already longer then today.
This is ONE FINE LAD, I tell ya.
Give him some time, he'll undoubdtly learn to it and enrich our culture with his presence and activities.

Thanks for your generosity of sharing your seeds Stitch.

Some ppl like me actully benefit from beeing kicked under the ass in order to get somewhere
Hence I wont be to harsh on your decision to put some fire under arctics ass, but that's because arctic seems to cope fairly well nevertheless.

I myself would nt do it like that tho, phaps some pm first to check upon the situation before making a stand in public.

You are quite right, a kick in the ass can be a good thing if its well placed. But kick a little too low and you hit the balls. :D

I guess this ordeal should have been sorted via PM, I wish no bad publicity for Flash seeds or stitch. Im a real deal proper northerner, this face is worn by decades of polar ocean winds, i can appreciate a good mouthfull of whats what and handle my share of it without getting my feelings hurt or crying like a baby and raising hell. I like people who speak their mind ;)

Ive got a long list of successful grows and breeding experiments, i honestly honestly really expected that i would be able to make a good presentation of my grow and a good test report. I really hate to admit that for the first time ever in my years of growing have i taken such a responsibility and not achieved the expected result.

.. and it does piss me off something generously

I also have some Spicy Cheese beans that i was supposed to test for Fritillary Seeds, these have been on hold since this spring along with the Flash seeds beans i have left. Fritillary seeds is one of the ICMag vendors btw you can check out their subforums here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65677

Ive test grown the Cheese/SSH from Fritillary seeds before with great success, some of the people following the thread has seen that grow. I just want you to know that when i agreed to do the test grows, i was in a different situation then i am now, i really dont want to go into too much detail about my personal situation but i dont have 3 growrooms and unlimited space at disposal like i have had in the previous. I hope the current situation is only temporary tho. Im not suffering by any means, but ive just had to move out of the house i lived in, ive got a descent apartment atm but im trying to find something a little bigger preferably with a basement where i can safely keep my hobby to myself ;) Im thinking of setting up a small tent in the flat, but i still havent settled in properly, there are boxes and shit everywhere. I just got the washing machine this weekend and i havent even installed it yet lol. Oh fuck its chaos hehe.

Luckily me and a buddy made a small coop at a different location to secure a little personal stash, its just a small grow and i agreed to keep it 100% private until its over so i cant show you guys pictures for a few months but we have some killer looking stuff going. Grape krush F2 and sour bubble bx3/grape krush plus some white widow and other goodies, we are in week 4 atm and they are looking dangerously potent. Feels kind of good to not have to deal with the every day care of the plants, the carer is doing a good job and following instructions so im pretty happy with that situation atm.

I guess part of the reason why i havent been updating is because everything has been rather diffuse, i havent known myself for long periods how thing was going to turn out eventually. People arent interested in hearing about the soap opera of my life anyway, they want to see pictures of plants.

Peace all, thanks for sticking around :wave:

G

Guest129216

Awesome Arctic. :jump: Compared to my first year guerilla growing you can consider your grow a success!

Also what makes this thread special is the mixture of growing and the soap opera of your life. Pictures of plants are everywhere, and its good to get a break from them. Keep all of it coming my friend, its all good:).

It takes dedication to drive the distances you do to grow plants. Seems like a really long drive though. I think you should try to find somewhere closer. Gotta be a descent place with some shelter and sun I am thinking..... But what do I know.......:)

No problem for me, but those who are not happy, well i really don't mind, just try to communacate with people who are waiting for u articsun, you know what i mean? do you urself apreciate when people tell u something and then don't?
u know when u can't do something or what ever, it is not more easy to explain what happen? it is so hard to write some words or contact me in private to tell me if there is some problems?

I don't think so and this is want i call honesty...

everyone in this world had bad times, everyone make mistakes, so it is something normal...what is not normal is to stay without telling nothing to people which are waiting for ur results...

so i'd like to say that if i had rude words, well i apologize, but also i'd like to say that if u had bad times this can happen, but u need to comunicatye to explain, what u never did with me...

and i repeat here to those ones who show me there ass....lol i really don't mind lol it is soooo ridiculous, coz acting without knowing nothing about the story...HAHAHA
:dance013:

I was the one showing ass you my ass mr. Autobreeder. I have over 500 posts in this forum, and if you want to you can go through them all, and you will see that this is my first ever post to anybody showing my ass or beeing somewhat negative.

I did it because you had a very bad approach to the situation. You insulted a guy which did not deserve beeing insulted in public.

Arctic has proved numerous times to numerous people that he is a stand up guy. I simply defended a friend that was lying down. Maybe I went over the line with that ass showing, but I certainly think that you went over the line aswell.

You were accusing him of not beeing a grower because you didnt see any pictures of his plants. I have not seen a single pic of a plant you have grown either, so should we believe you?

You have apologized for your behaviour, and so will I. Sorry, but at the time when I was writing that post, it felt right.

Hope we can move on now.....

I am interested in your strains aswell. Do you have any info regarding mold, finnishing times, yield etc. The season is just over so maybe you are waiting for all the test results.

Would be very interesting to see some pics of what you can do with your own plants. A lot of us northern growers are constantly looking for optimalized strains, so any info is useful.

Later all:gday:

Last edited:
Hi bom and arctic

Hi bom and arctic

well i think that the things are getting a better way now between us....in fact it is not really good when we go this way and for sure its not also good to get misunderstanding.

Well in fact those strains are interesting cause 100% autoflowering but not small at all. some individus can reach over than 3 meters high, finish in 90/110 days depending strain and can provide till 400 grams of dry weed.
The thing is that they were not maid with lowryder strains to fixe the auto caracteristics, but an hungarian rudiralis that i worked for many years .
I used to lived there for a year in 2000 and there it is full of rudi plants everywhere, so i kept from there some seeds of the best tallest, biggest, quick finishing plants and then crossed tem for 3 years to fixe the kind of plant that i wanted to and i called her like me lol Stitch 0.1, just for fun!
than i cross ed this strain with some haze, kc 33 etc... to get then potency in it coz the rudi was very pure in effect and taste.
The results are big auto plants quick fast growing, almost 3/4 cm a day, u can see the grow day by day!
Buds are big as arms, very branchy, insect resistant, over dosing nutrients resistant too...
about the mold resistant it is ok, just one which is to compact hard buds and this got troubbles for mold.
Obvously i can't named them here as you know, but to tell you which one is not mold resistant, i'll just tell u that it is the one which got an himalayan mountain name.

I think it is a very new knid of strains for northern countries, coz many people like sativas and can't grow them in many countries even in central europ, so maybe the solution is here.

Here i post some pictures of the plants from this summer.

thank u for attention

*S*

Attachments

• n1...7.JPG
    n1...7.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00498.jpg
    DSC00498.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00363.jpg
    DSC00363.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Annapurna.1.jpg
    Annapurna.1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Niravana sky.jpg
    Niravana sky.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 29
  • P1011675.jpg
    P1011675.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 30
  • e.1.jpg
    e.1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 30
  • n1º..1.jpg
    n1º..1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 25
  • number 1..5 buena.jpg
    number 1..5 buena.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 31
  • P1010136.jpg
    P1010136.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 28

offthehook

Veteran
Now that's some interesting stuff Stitch ! :)

Glad all are getting along well again thanks to everyones mature attitude.

Disputes always make me feel sad.

A

arcticsun

Awesome Arctic. :jump: Compared to my first year guerilla growing you can consider your grow a success!

Also what makes this thread special is the mixture of growing and the soap opera of your life. Pictures of plants are everywhere, and its good to get a break from them. Keep all of it coming my friend, its all good:).

It takes dedication to drive the distances you do to grow plants. Seems like a really long drive though. I think you should try to find somewhere closer. Gotta be a descent place with some shelter and sun I am thinking..... But what do I know.......:)

Hey my friend, its always good to hear from you :wave:

I have got some ideas for next years grow, i think i know some spots closer to home. But the climate is so tuff that its really only in the most sheltered locations deep in the fjords where there is more of an inland type climate that its possible to grow. But there are also sheltered places scattered around in the mountainsides, i have some southward facing locations in mind. Its going to be interesting to see how it goes next year :D

Thank you for your kind words my friend :friends: you're a real champ, i hope i can have a learning curve as good as yours. If i can then next year should be great :D I definitively think you should try the super autos next year mate, especially the number one and the purple mazar, those seemed to handle the temperatures the best. Also i am smoking some autos that a friend of mine grew right now, ive got to say that the new 2010 autos are a level up to previous years. Ive got NYCDxautoAK47Xbluestreak and dieselryder. They are definitively more potent then the pehkuruders, much more.

well i think that the things are getting a better way now between us....in fact it is not really good when we go this way and for sure its not also good to get misunderstanding.

Well in fact those strains are interesting cause 100% autoflowering but not small at all. some individus can reach over than 3 meters high, finish in 90/110 days depending strain and can provide till 400 grams of dry weed.
The thing is that they were not maid with lowryder strains to fixe the auto caracteristics, but an hungarian rudiralis that i worked for many years .
I used to lived there for a year in 2000 and there it is full of rudi plants everywhere, so i kept from there some seeds of the best tallest, biggest, quick finishing plants and then crossed tem for 3 years to fixe the kind of plant that i wanted to and i called her like me lol Stitch 0.1, just for fun!
than i cross ed this strain with some haze, kc 33 etc... to get then potency in it coz the rudi was very pure in effect and taste.
The results are big auto plants quick fast growing, almost 3/4 cm a day, u can see the grow day by day!
Buds are big as arms, very branchy, insect resistant, over dosing nutrients resistant too...
about the mold resistant it is ok, just one which is to compact hard buds and this got troubbles for mold.
Obvously i can't named them here as you know, but to tell you which one is not mold resistant, i'll just tell u that it is the one which got an himalayan mountain name.

I think it is a very new knid of strains for northern countries, coz many people like sativas and can't grow them in many countries even in central europ, so maybe the solution is here.

Here i post some pictures of the plants from this summer.

thank u for attention

*S*

Thank you for this great post stitch, your strains are very interesting indeed. They are perfect for northern Europe and with their added size they give the northern European grower a chance to secure a descent sized mature crop before the very wet and cold NE autumn. They open up a new world of commercial seeds suited for the whole of Scandinavia, the Baltic region/Russia as well as the British isles with their wet autumns.
Regions which has previously had little options in terms of strains to grow.

Now that's some interesting stuff Stitch ! :)

Glad all are getting along well again thanks to everyones mature attitude.

Disputes always make me feel sad.

:) No problems at all buddy ;)

We must support these guys who are doing a good job in making new and exiting strains available to us up here in the far north. I think the super autos would do well in Finland, its one of the places it would be really interesting to see how they would produce.

:wave: hang in there, you'll grow big again!

Hey SP :wave: thanks buddy, better safe then sorry in any case so i just hope to have enough space to indulge myself in my hobby. Id like to have maybe a couple of flowering rooms, wouldnt have to be too big, maybe 1200w each that i could harvest on rotatoin, a small male chamber for flowering males and a mother space big enough for a some moms. That'd be perfect, no bigger then 3kw. But all in good time, would be best to own the place.

Its no stress for the mom tho, ill set up a 120x120cm tent with a 600w in it and find room for a motherplant. With good care and some talent etc i should be harvesting about half a K every second to third month or so. Thats enough stash for myself. The only thing i would be missing is some extra room for small breeding project in addition to growing for high grade personal smoke.

But right now its ok as it is, im not stressing with anything. The landlord is cool, i know him and trust him, he said he is cool with me having a small personal grow in a tent and i have a spare room that will fit a 1,2X1.2m tent just fine plus leave some room to work on around it. Ive got a couple of utility rooms also but anything bigger would just piss him off cus he lives upstairs :D

I need to get myself a tent, ive got lamps and a carbon filter and everything else i need. Ive also got to clear out the room im going to use, its jammed full of stuff atm. But its cool, ive got a roof over my head, the place is not shabby and its not too small and ive got a car that works. Its going to be ok for a while if i just tidy up my moving mess and settle in properly, then i can hook up a small tent and make a space for a few moms.

Im thinking some kind of hydro setup and scrog under 600w in a 1,2X1,2m tent.

Ill let you guys know how it comes along..

peace peace peace and blessings all :tiphat:

offthehook

Veteran
The real big ones won't make it succesfully at our lattitude Arctic.(yes I've seen SP 's pics at 62" but where we are it just won't work)
Better focus on medium sized ones that have lots of health and vigour.(thick stem, short distance inbetween internodes, fast growing.)
In the end It can only be YOU that 's able to create a fine working strain that actually works at your place.

(Provided you started off with promising genetics in the first place and are willing to do some succesive seedruns while selecting from several hundreds of seeds at the time.
Already in the 3th and most definatly the 4th generation you will see tremendous progress all by only letting nature do it's thing.)

Please read my growguide in the Finnish section, for if you haven't done so already.

I recommend making dome shaped hills there, and there is a good reason for it.

The combination of cold and no good drain is a bad one for cannabis.

If beeing exposed to cold and too short season...then please work on your drain and all will be fine.

That grow guide thread I wanted to keep as short as possible to not overload beginners with too much info, but I should have add to also spread some lime and fert pellets around the hills. (but I'm sure you would have thought of that yourselves too most likely.)

A good time of year to start dumping these hills is actually NOW. ( lill earlyer would have been better still but some decently pre composted material sure likes to be turned into frozen rock in order to break up some of the micro elements even further.)

I use to siff out my several thousends of seeds, only to end up with a couple of hundred BIGGEST ones to continue to breed with.
Big seeds hold an advantage in getting a head start when compared to smaller ones. Hope you keep that in mind so it 'll save you some work and you don't have to waste your effort on something that wasn't worth the trouble in the first place.

Good luck with your indoor project, seems to be a nice fella this landlord of yours :)

offthehook

Veteran
Ah lill bit still :)
It's either that or start chopping wood.... see my situation lol :D

Donno what type of plants you are planning to grow in that tent of yours, but if these are auto's I highly recommend to refrain from hydro and focus on full dirt medium.
No pots! just outline the bottom of your tent with some pond plastic (butyl rubber d 'be great but rather expensive, anything goes that keeps water well or put multiple layers if you dont trust it whatever you plan on using).

Fill with Soil to minimal 30 cm high and start growing straight on it.( only pre germinate seeds in moist cotton to get them to start growing all at the same time.)
To water this system I designed a unique way to do so that's rather cheap and easy to maintain, but needs some explaining on my behalf first, and before I'm willing to put my energy there I first need to know if you are willing to considder it.
Once I know this, I could also elaborate on soil composition, watering, feeding, etc.
As a matter of fact I'd be completely willing to write you a grow guide for indoor, and/or guide you all the way till the end giving feedback along the thread with a lot of explanations on "why's" but be carefull where you wish for :D
Once I get started there's a whole lot to tell ;)

(Every winter some promising canna enthoust usually comes my way with who I happen to do these things via E-mail.
This would be my first time to do in public, so there will be risks about ppl negatively interfering with the happening that could cause us to fail. My motives are not to extend my ego, unlike some others, you see?
The only favour I ask in return is to do the same back to someone else that might come your way in the future.
Someone in peticular, and others who I respect once teached me lots of stuff that turned out to hold lots of thruth and prooved verry usefull in growing and understanding plants. Feels like it's my thing to spread this knowledge with others, but frankly I like the one on one aproach most.
That way I am more likely to put more of myself in it and at least get ONE person to actually bridge the point lol :) )

A

arcticsun

The real big ones won't make it succesfully at our lattitude Arctic.(yes I've seen SP 's pics at 62" but where we are it just won't work)

Hey neighbor, are you really north of the Arctic circle aswell? :D Thats awesome mate. I think the super autos will need a bit of prevegging inside or preferably a greenhouse or a poly tent in order to finish properly north of the arctic circle. But they are perfect for latitudes between 55 and 65 north.

Better focus on medium sized ones that have lots of health and vigour.(thick stem, short distance inbetween internodes, fast growing.)
In the end It can only be YOU that 's able to create a fine working strain that actually works at your place.

I agree, i think the medium sized ones with lots of vigor are going to be best in the beginning, at least for guerilla type grows.

(Provided you started off with promising genetics in the first place and are willing to do some succesive seedruns while selecting from several hundreds of seeds at the time.
Already in the 3th and most definatly the 4th generation you will see tremendous progress all by only letting nature do it's thing.)

Ive been fiddeling with breeding projects for a few years already, the goal is definitively to be self sufficient with seeds that are produced and acclimatized in the area.

Please read my growguide in the Finnish section, for if you haven't done so already.

I recommend making dome shaped hills there, and there is a good reason for it.

The combination of cold and no good drain is a bad one for cannabis.

If beeing exposed to cold and too short season...then please work on your drain and all will be fine.

This region is so mountainous that soil draining is not a problem, there are vertical cliffs everywhere. I will probably be planting in a slope with at least 25 degree angle.

That grow guide thread I wanted to keep as short as possible to not overload beginners with too much info, but I should have add to also spread some lime and fert pellets around the hills. (but I'm sure you would have thought of that yourselves too most likely.)

A good time of year to start dumping these hills is actually NOW. ( lill earlyer would have been better still but some decently pre composted material sure likes to be turned into frozen rock in order to break up some of the micro elements even further.)

I use to siff out my several thousends of seeds, only to end up with a couple of hundred BIGGEST ones to continue to breed with.
Big seeds hold an advantage in getting a head start when compared to smaller ones. Hope you keep that in mind so it 'll save you some work and you don't have to waste your effort on something that wasn't worth the trouble in the first place.

Good luck with your indoor project, seems to be a nice fella this landlord of yours :)

Thanks for good tips my friend, ill check out your grow tips thread. I have been doing quite a bit of research for years about grow techniques and such already but one can never get enough good tips and input :)
These are good tips my friend, ive seen the technique with making mounds for better drainage, i think its a great technique. But where i am the terrain is so mountainous and rocky that i dont think there is need for it because the slopes that i have been thinking of using are very steep. I dont have any compost either atm since ive just moved :D
I think ill just get fresh soil next year, the local gardening shops has great soil and i really dont need much for the autos. When i find a really good spot that id like to use again for many years then ill start working on improving that spot i reccon.

I will however be taking a lesson from Bom and starting early while there is still snow with hauling soil to the spots and getting prepared.

Ive got a much better idea for next year about where they would grow best and how to do it then i had this spring. I realize that despite all that research, its the experience that counts. ;)

Ah lill bit still
It's either that or start chopping wood.... see my situation lol

Donno what type of plants you are planning to grow in that tent of yours, but if these are auto's I highly recommend to refrain from hydro and focus on full dirt medium.
No pots! just outline the bottom of your tent with some pond plastic (butyl rubber d 'be great but rather expensive, anything goes that keeps water well or put multiple layers if you dont trust it whatever you plan on using).

Fill with Soil to minimal 30 cm high and start growing straight on it.( only pre germinate seeds in moist cotton to get them to start growing all at the same time.)
To water this system I designed a unique way to do so that's rather cheap and easy to maintain, but needs some explaining on my behalf first, and before I'm willing to put my energy there I first need to know if you are willing to considder it.
Once I know this, I could also elaborate on soil composition, watering, feeding, etc.
As a matter of fact I'd be completely willing to write you a grow guide for indoor, and/or guide you all the way till the end giving feedback along the thread with a lot of explanations on "why's" but be carefull where you wish for
Once I get started there's a whole lot to tell

(Every winter some promising canna enthoust usually comes my way with who I happen to do these things via E-mail.
This would be my first time to do in public, so there will be risks about ppl negatively interfering with the happening that could cause us to fail. My motives are not to extend my ego, unlike some others, you see?
The only favour I ask in return is to do the same back to someone else that might come your way in the future.
Someone in peticular, and others who I respect once teached me lots of stuff that turned out to hold lots of thruth and prooved verry usefull in growing and understanding plants. Feels like it's my thing to spread this knowledge with others, but frankly I like the one on one aproach most.
That way I am more likely to put more of myself in it and at least get ONE person to actually bridge the point lol )

Thank you very much for your tips my friend :D

But when it comes to indoor growing ive got much more experience then what is the case with my outdoor growing :D

For such a small personal grow as the tent will be, i will be growing only the finest of the finest most potent stash. So i will not be growing autos in the tent. We have a number of very high quality and potency selected strains that are going around as cuts in the area among trusted friends. I also have a collection of fine high quality indoor seeds that i have acquired through the years from different vendors and enthusiasts from around the place. I am lucky enough to be able to pick and choose from a great selection of the absolute top shelf genetics when i set up my grow the next time. We dont mess around up here, local homegrowers around here has a great variety of super potent and super yummy candy strain cuts going around to suit any need. :) One of my local favorites is a cut of Strawberry Cheese, a candy strain mix of cheese and strawberry cough, its incredibly fruity and has a strong strawberry odor. Its a sure winner that delivers large dense nugs. Ive also got super strawberry diesel in my seed collection in addition to a great number of other strains including the Spicy Cheese from Fritillary seeds which is likely to be put in soil soon.

Im thinking the first grow in the tent will be one of our tried and tested heirloom strains, most likely one of our dank indicas. Ill set up some type of hydro, maybe a homemade DWC if i cant afford to buy a system that will fit well in the tent.

Let me see if i can find some old pictures to show you some of the setups i have run in the past. I have built a few hydro systems through the years but mostly ive grown in soil. I have had good results with most of my setups.

Peace m8, ill see if i can find some pictures for you but i had a touch of paranoia earlier this year so i deleted most of my pictures :)

.. blessings peeps :tiphat:

offthehook

Veteran
Yup, makes sense all :)

Quote Arctic: ey neighbor, are you really north of the Arctic circle aswell? End quote.

I lived at your lattitude for many years. now I'm straight at 65 just below the arctic circle.
The full dirt medium was indeed only ment in case you planned to grow autos.
(Most regular strains would otherwise severely outgrow your tent that way. Even on 12/12 directly from seed.)

On the previous page you mentioned something about wanting to do a scrog.

I 'm not a huge proponent of the scrog system for the simple reason of leafes becomming compressed underneath it, not beeing able to breath and recieve light well enough and thus eventually dying off prematurely.

An other way that will achieve the same results as a scrog but without the negative side effects of it requires "pipe cleaners"

These are 16 cm long twined metal wires with some nylon or cotton hairs twisted inbetween them ment to clean out your regular sherlock holmes types of pipes.
In here they sell them at every kiosk for almost no money per 50 pieces.

You can put them to your advantage by bending a hook in it over your finger, connect a side branch or cola to it and pull it down to the height you desire.
You can extend them by hooking several together until you got the desired length and are able to anchor your bud to a plant next to it or at it's own stem.

Working this way you should already start pulling them down during the 3th week of their lives and you can stop doing it after the 2th week of flowering when "stretch" has become significantly less.

A

arcticsun

Hey again guys, I snapped a few shots for you from the co-op. The girls are cared for by a protégé of mine that is under my guidance. The carer does what he is told, im very strict btw hehe, attention to details and a good plan is my mantra. Im borderline mental about the PH and feeding schedule.

Thanks again for good tips offthehook, I regularly LST my plants if they grow too tall, But i often have problems with branches breaking and plants tipping over due to being top heavy. Thats why i was thinking about scrog, so they wont fall over :D Also in order to get an even canopy throughout.

Lets see some pictures..

Grape Krush F2

52320.JPG

46361.JPG

57670.JPG

Sour Rhino

51767.JPG

73300.JPG

35401.JPG

85976.JPG

:wave: Glad to show everyone that we arent complete noobs around here. ;)

offthehook

Veteran
your leafes and thrichs Indeed look verry healthy Arctic as well as their densely grown statue. Nice shiny leafes and clear rib pattern. Great job on PH administration and no execcive selts!

Still your feed is still a bit too high in this stage.
Leafes should be a slightly lighter coulour still when entering this stage.
This dark coulour you would want to achieve gradually and only to become stagnant when buds are phaps 2 weeks bigger.

Are you familiar with the plet and bend technick? In short squeeze (plet) inbetween internodes, and bend over.
This way you can control the bending without breaking them and to manipulate your cannopy to take any desired shape.
Eg. a half tunnel (U) shape canopy to match the most efficient range of the lamp(s).

I never mistook you for a total noob btw, s, just the longer you are doing it, the better it get's ;) Knowing were to look for and understanding the reasoning behind it helps a lot too.

After 10 years of growing I thought I was a pro, until someone came along who teached me how it was realy beeing done. :)

A

arcticsun

your leafes and thrichs Indeed look verry healthy Arctic. Nice shiny leafes and clear rib pattern. Great job on PH administration and no execcive selts!

Still your feed is still a bit too high in this stage.
Leafes should be a slightly lighter coulour still when entering this stage.
This dark coulour you would want to achieve gradually and to become stagnant when buds are phaps 2 weeks bigger.

you are correct, they are slightly over nuted, this is due to that the carer havent learned how to pick up on the plants individual signals quite yet. The plants are sensitive and its hard to make a schedule that will grow them out perfect. He was told to give water and enzyme the next two waterings, no nutes for a week. Experienced growers will pick up on the individual plants needs from watering to watering, but this requires that one has learned through failure. With an unexperienced carer i felt its best to keep it fairly simple at first and not have a to steep learning curve.

The feeding schedule ive set up for this grow is almost perfect, but as we know every plant is a little different, fine tuning it is something i would have picked up on if i had grown these myself. But considering the carer is in his learning process (2nd grow), i think we are looking good. We have picked up on the over nuting issue and will be limiting the damage as good as we can in the last month by adjusting the feeding schedule.

We have been feeding on a schedule of 1,0 -1,7 EC with water only every 3 or 4 watering.

Are you familiar with the plet and bend technick? In short squeeze (plet) inbetween internodes, and bend over.
This way you can control the bending without breaking them and to manipulate your cannopy to take any desired shape.
Eg. a half tunnel (U) shape canopy to match the most efficient range of the lamp(s).

I think you are referring to LST? or Low stress training, what you are describing sounds like what i have been doing. Yes im quite familiar with it and regularly use the technique :)

I was considering buying an aeroflo 20 or 30 system for my tent. The plants would be spaced very closely together and getting entangled into eachother... we will see, ill have to see the system im going to use fitted inside the tent before i make up my mind.

But first of all ill have to get the tent.

peace n pot :wave:

A

arcticsun

After 10 years of growing I thought I was a pro, until someone came along who teached me how it was realy beeing done.

Im always glad to have more experienced growers and breeders with me to keep me on my toes and always improving. Im all about breaking new limits and progressing all the time. Please keep sharing your expertize with us offthehook, im learning a lot :yes:

I owe you some rep btw, but im all repped out for today. Im too loose with my karma ;)

On a completely unrelated matter, I usually play music in my thread aswell. He'res a tune that is rolling on these speakers regularly :)

Foreign beggars - Glacial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGgksxfsYj0

offthehook

Veteran
S'all fine arctic, take your time. It's on our side :)

Thanks for apreciation. I'm always affraid I'm too "shoving it down your throat" without you even asking for it, That's why I better should ask first if you know it already or not, but then again... it'd be such time consuming that way. lol

I see you 've got your stuff together and am glad to see you helping out someone else with it :)

(EC 1.7 d'be to high still in this stage, you can do that midway flowering intending to "boost & buffer" to then only give them clean water again for a while. Only 1.0 now would have been perfectly fine. I take it you feed once and then 3 or 4 times clean water again right? cuzz that'd be exellent.)

A

arcticsun

lol no worries my friend, im always glad for constructive input. Its also good for this thread that there is loads of information in it. Ive always wanted it to be a thread that you could get lost in, open any page and find any type of topic being discussed. Ive also always said that i would be glad if people feel comfortable enough in here to post whatever is on their mind at the moment.

Feel free to post up pictures and share your own grow techniques and stories, its all good :D Fishing stories and nature pictures are also especially welcome, in fact any pictures you would like to show are very welcome in here. An inspired grower is a good grower!!!

When it comes to growing and breeding, one can never stop learning or one will soon be moving backwards imho..

dw my friend and neighbor, please feel at home in here, you are yourself a real hyperborean so its all good in here :D

A

arcticsun

(EC 1.7 d'be to high still in this stage, you can do that midway flowering intending to "boost & buffer" to then only give them clean water again for a while.)

Im peaking at 1,7 on this schedule in week 4, since its seed plants there are some different phenos so half of them has taken a bit too much N. We will be giving much less N in w5 & 6 and flushing w 7 & 8 ..

offthehook

Veteran
Full moon today mate, Haw-oeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Beats all pics :D

checked your clip, S 'all rap these days eh, every once awhile I can still can get enticed by works from John Denver like rocky mountain High, Rhymes and Reasons, Montana skies and the like. Stuff from back then when I was still a kid,Powerfull Memories Wow!

Especially nice to listen while going in the forest at night underneath a full moon.