What's new

THE HYPERBOREA PROJECT

*stitch*

Hi arcticsun

Hi arcticsun

Hi
would it be posible to see some pictures and to get some news about those super autos plants that u are testing please, coz i never see any pictures anywhere on threads and to tell u the true I 'm a bit desapointed, coz if u grow plants to test, i'm sure everybody would like to see them!!!

Thanks

A

arcticsun

Hey *stitch*

I have had to move, so thats why there has been very little news from me lately. All pictures were taken down for security reasons some time ago, they will be up again in my own good time.

I can only ask you to lube yourselves with patience stitch :) Its been a month since i visited my outdoor plants, Im hoping to make a trip today tho. Ill put up some pictures for you and bom since you are on my ass about it hahah.

To be honest i was not going to post up pictures until the plants were safe. But since the popular demand is so high, ill snap some previews for you.

mind you, they are outdoors at 70 north. There is no guarantee that they will finish properly, we will see how it goes.

Im sorry that you are disappointed my friend, i have been unable to put much attention into the guerilla grow because of RL troubles like the car broke down and cost me a fortune and I have had to move houses to a new place.

Hey... its the way it goes sometimes. Ill go have a look at them for you m8, snap a few pics for you :) But we are just getting started you know.

peace guys.. until l8rs :)

while you wait, you can listen to this...

John Brown's body- Land Far Away: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wPJo4zfZ8E&playnext=1&videos=GzWCso03q6Q

There is a land far far away, where there is no night, only day.

A

arcticsun

Hey guys, I visited the spots today, only I forgot my camera lolol

It wasnt intentional, I was stressing and ran out the door without it.

ok some of the spots are looking very good tbh, ive got a purple mazar by flash seeds that is looking real nice and green. No bug damage on it at all.

The super autos however does not seem to have gotten the best spot to be honest, they have taken some bug damage. They arent ruined, but the spot is not as good as the other spots apparently.. its got more vegetation surrounding it and it appears to get less sun and be less sunny right where they are at. Up here in the far north, the climate can vary A LOT over just very short distances. Catching the right sun is really important, I dont know if ive managed that with the super autos.

I think i will have some result to show you in the end if the weather dont turn even worse.

All in all i was positively surprised, I think ill harvest something or other eventually.

Sorry stitch and bom, but pics will come up eventually, hang on my friends :) By the way, the grow season up here in the far north is much later then it is other places. My plants were put outside july 1st, so they have just started flowering properly tbh :) The best is yet to come.
Most of them are quite small, a couple seems to be thriving.

I gave them a descent amount of heavy harvest AN pellets and some "kalk" (?) The weather around here varies alot, tomorrow and the next day its going to be nice with 25 C days and 15C nights, but later in the week its going to start raining... AGAIN!!!... the temp will drop to like 15-20C days and 12-15 C nights.

A

arcticsun

lolol :D ill make another run up there this weekend with a male to pollinate a few of the ladies, ill remember the camera then. I promix :D

Benefit

Hi Arcticsun! Sorry hadn't been here for a long time. I think that these "super" ? autos aren't suitable for OD conditions coz they were breeded at indoor. Also as I saw at my previouse OD advanture there is no difference in resin on buds any levels, so at your spot with low number of direct sunlight you can have a lower yeld but not the quality. Only should afraid of mold at that spot.

great grower + good genetic + some luck = this thread ! I'm sure you'll got the bank :)

My plants are totally seeded so I decided to not help them in fight for their lifes. Let the strongest continue line :headbange

offthehook

Veteran
I sure like that attitude of yours Benefit :)

Considering this present date without updates, I reckon Arctic must have been up to his waist in some kinda shit or another.

abcdef

How did i miss this?? Love to see some pics articsun.
If you need any help testgrowing, hit me up :D

Stay safe

well well well so desapointing, really ur a grower?

well well well so desapointing, really ur a grower?

Just some changing attitud from me:tiphat:

G

Guest129216

cause of guys like u, i'll never give away anything anymore...
I got really annoyed by this post, and could have written a book about your immature approach right now I feel, but I will let it sink in first. What I will say for now is that because of guys like him I give away ALOT all the time. Arctic is a great grower and very generous person. He could never ever have written a post like you did. So take that and shuve it up your :moon:

Last edited:

vicious bee

articsun- I just found the continuation of this post. I believe I saw the earlier parts but lost track of it. Love the pics of the coast line and really like your posts on the ancient History of the area and how it's related to the various changes in climate. When you get back more would be great. I've got to visit the area some day. Stunning views.

A

arcticsun

I'm stitch and i'd like to tell u in public arcticsun that i'm very desapointed from u guy...
where are the pictues of the plants? where are the report?
Just bla bla bla and nothing else... are you sure that u are a real grower or is that just a fantasy that u make believe to people that u grow weed and you love it?
I just see in ur threads pure bla bla bla and just nature, lakes, forest pics...and never any cannabis plants! what that mean? ur an artist or what?
u told me that u'll put pics and nothing...
please when u say something to people next time(cause from now it won't be me anymore!!!), JUST TRY TO BE HONEST! OK!!!

Sorry to tell that but i think ur attitude is not correct, not honest and I'm very desapointed and cause of guys like u, i'll never give away anything anymore...

*s*

Hey stitch.. hey everybody.. Wow stitch, ouuuch, haaarsh speech.. Ill let you know whats been going on. I do have a fantasy man, a fantasy of growing outdoor crops in north Norway. I would claim to be an experienced indoor grower, but when it comes to outdoor growing, this is my first attempt. Now before you laugh at my attempt, remember that there is not much culture for growing things here except potatoes and even they dont grow well here :) This is latitude 70 north!!! Not only is this my first attempt to grow weed outdoors at this latitude, but there are no known attempts to grow in the region at all afaik.

I tried to grow some of your Flash seeds strains outdoors at a very extreme latitude this year. Now i made some mistakes, and i had some bad luck. So unfortunately I killed a lot of plants, sorry but that is the truth. You sent me a lot of strains and beans so i have saved some that i want to try next year. I hope that i expressed clearly enough to you that i would be trying to grow your strains at a very extreme latitude. If not, then im afraid we have had a miscommunication.

But the truth is that i sowed over 50 beans, and out of those, only 10 females survived to harvest. Out of those 10 females, there were no super autos im afraid, but some dwarf speedy gonzales and one purple mazar made it to harvest. I can tell you however that the super autos will grow well in all of Norway. I had a number one and a nirvana sky that grew well until someone actually cut down some bushes that fell over the plants and killed them, ive been really bummed out about that its one of the reasons why i havent been bothered with updating. I had planted them under some power lines in the forest, unfortunately the power company went in and cut down small trees that were growing under the power lines. Its amazing that they didnt see my plants because they were a meter and a half at least tall and they must have been standing no more then a meter away from them. Anyway, when i came to check on them the top of a tree had fallen on them and just a branch was sticking out. That was it for them really, they were alive still but soon after that they got mold and eventually just withered away.

In order to grow these at this latitude, i had to drive for 3 hours to find a place that is sheltered enough from the winds. It was a tremendous effort and risk do drive over such a distance for this grow. Ive also made some big mistakes that ive like to tell you about.

I know most of you guys know that the further north you get, the more sunlight hours are there in a day in the summertime. Up here the sun shines continuously throughout June and July, even August is very light at this extreme latitude. Mind you im far north of Copenhagen or Oslo even far north of Trondheim, im far north of Anchorage Alaska and im even far north of Nome Alaska. Ok now in the high summer months the sun is facing north at midnight, the sun is still high in the sky at midnight here, continuously giving much needed warmth to plants in this hostile environment. Which means that many places up here that are facing northwards sees the highest temperatures during the summer. So the biggest mistake i made this summer was to place my plants in northward facing slopes, I realized that this was a huge mistake early on and thats another reason why i havent bothered updating. Why update on something you think is going to fail right? What i didnt consider was that this was all good as long as we had the night sun until the middle of august, they had close to 24 hours a day of sunlight and were really growing very well.
After that came the critical phase where the plants were supposed to put on all the weight in the last month before harvest. But as the sun started rising lower and lower on the sky i realized that my placement was dead wrong, there was a mountain in the way preventing them from getting the morning sun in the autumn. They would still get a bit of sun in the evening, but they really would have been much better off in a southward facing slope. So this ridiculous choice in placement was the major disaster to my project. This as well as the worst summer weather in modern times in north Norway. We had snow down to 600 meters in all 3 summer months and temperatures below 5 degrees C in all 3 summer months. Luckily we had really nice weather in September. This summer was so bad that the govt issued an emergency financial aid to the farmers in the region to prevent the livestock from starving and to prevent mass bankruptcy among farmers. It was a disastrous summer for all things growing in north Norway, the region is famous for its sweet strawberries but this year the strawberries would not ripen until the middle to late september if at all, normally they would be harvesting by late July in a good year and in August in any normal year. A small mistake is disastrous in this climate.

So you will all probably tell me that .. DUH!! southward facing spot dumbass!! .. everyone knows that!! lol, sorry in my deranged mind and with limited time and all the stress i had going on at the time i planted, i was thinking where do they get the most sunlight hours. Its facing south anywhere its no midnight sun ofc, but i was hoping to be harvesting by the end of august mind you, which means they wouldnt be getting much darkness hours at all at this latitude. Now what happened was that july and august was real cold and september was pretty warm and sunny. I really could have had them outdoors until the end of September, but i lost my nerves when we got a bad weather forecast around the middle of September. The buds turned out very skinny and largely unripe, this is due to a number of factors, mainly my mistake. Im sure that ill have great progress next year. I had some speedy G's that turned out dwarfs, they were in a spot of their own which turned out to be a bad spot which caught too much wind, this was close to where the super autos were and the super autos grew much much larger. The speedy G's were catching a bit of mold and looked quite puny.. i dont have any pics of those. I managed to harvest and sample a few of them tho and the flavor was excellent. They were harvested around september 1st, vegged 3 weeks indoor and planted out july 1st from a 1 liter pot. I only had time to visit the plants 3 times during the summer, i was real busy with moving and what not. Next year ill choose a closer location for sure!! One more thing before pictures, this was my first time working with pellet nutrients, so i over nuted quite a bit. Too much N may have stunted the growth even more.
I really didnt bother taking too much pictures considering i wasnt happy with my own job this year, it was that fucking long drive up there aswell. Had to do it in the night when there was no people around which made it hard to focus and get good pictures with the camera.

Ok first outdoor attempt inside the polar circle. Pictures from september 13th, at harvest date.

arctic-circle_map.jpg

As you can see some plants handled the cold better then others. I had quite a few which completely stopped growing when they were put outside. I messed up the fucking marks of which strain is which in this picture, but i know the one to the right is short term amnezia.

656.JPG

unknowns (could've been much bigger buds if put in a different spot)

73704.JPG

46711.JPG

30799.JPG

short term amnezia

9318.JPG

easyryderxblueryder

79980.JPG

14705.JPG

Purple Mazar by Flash seeds- this was the only female i didnt kill. I got a large number of males, unfortunately this female did not turn purple.

32933.JPG

79223.JPG

Purple Mazar male, Flash seeds. This picture is from the end of July

7697.JPG

26862.JPG

6820.JPG

Ok, the buds turned out immature and puny. I made big mistakes, im a perfectionist and i dont take failure easily. Ill be making a new attempt next year, ive learned a lot and im positive i can improve the results greatly. As you have heard this summer has been cold and hard, you may notice that there isnt a huge amount of damage to the plants, they are still fairly green and undamaged.

Despite the rather harsh words by *stitch*, im very thankful for the opportunity to test grow the new Flash seeds strains. Im pissed off at myself for killing so many plants and not getting a better result this year, At the same time im happy to see that some plants lived with little damage until late september despite bad conditions.

Ive still got a few Flash seeds stashed away for next year and ill gladly invest some of my own money in buying some new ones next year. . Ill be particularly interested in buying the Purple Mazar which is a stunning plant, just stunning and also the Number 1 which i think looked very interesting up until the point it was unfortunately ruined. I would also recommend these strains and this breeder as the most interesting new autos on the market at the moment.

Thank you stitch, thank you Bom my man for the kind words,, hey viciousbee nice to see you innit buddy :Wave: ;) Im not a fake or a liar my man stitch, I just failed and had a rough year, you suffered because of that. But we did icmags only polar cannabis grow of 2010, it may not have yielded huge or been a great success but we did it and your strains was grown in the polar zone in 2010. Congratulations :) And unless you insist on not trying to push limits again we will try again next year aswell. :D

peace peace peace and blessings all :wave:

A

arcticsun

Oh.. ill show some pics of the dry plants later on. This post took forever to write hehe. I didnt trim the plants, i just dried them whole, ill make oil of it all. I have sampled some of it tho, and it gives me a nice but gentle buzz. I think the trichomes may be more mature then they look in the pics.

niluola

Hey there my nordic brother!

Knowing (and feeling) what it is like way up here I have nothing but the utmost respect for your project. The result doesn't really matter at this stage, it's all about getting to it!

You know this is just the beginning...once more, respect!

offthehook

Veteran
You'll get my Respect with capital R too arctic.

I once lived at the exact same extreme lattitude as you do now, so tell me all about it :D

@Stitch. Give without expectation other wise it's not a gift.
There's this wise words reading on this "love you"calender we own "quote": Do for others with no desire of returned favors.
We all should plant some trees we'll never sit under ."End quote".

Sure I'd get dissapointed too if someone screws up my seeds or doesn't give them the respect they deserve, but then again, it'd be wrong to only give conditionaly.
I use to check ppls back ground a bit usually before I give seed away, but that's the best I can do.
To any kind of beginner I'd be understanding and guiding/ explaning them first before seeds change hands but still I will always incalculate the usual screwups that inherently seem to happen to lesser experienced.
After they'll leave your hands, It'll be up to the spirits of what's to happen to them.

I'm keeping my eye on arcticsun already longer then today.
This is ONE FINE LAD, I tell ya.
Give him some time, he'll undoubdtly learn to it and enrich our culture with his presence and activities.

Thanks for your generosity of sharing your seeds Stitch.

Some ppl like me actully benefit from beeing kicked under the ass in order to get somewhere :D
Hence I wont be to harsh on your decision to put some fire under arctics ass, but that's because arctic seems to cope fairly well nevertheless.

I myself would nt do it like that tho, phaps some pm first to check upon the situation before making a stand in public.

response

response

No problem for me, but those who are not happy, well i really don't mind, just try to communacate with people who are waiting for u articsun, you know what i mean? do you urself apreciate when people tell u something and then don't?
u know when u can't do something or what ever, it is not more easy to explain what happen? it is so hard to write some words or contact me in private to tell me if there is some problems?

I don't think so and this is want i call honesty...

everyone in this world had bad times, everyone make mistakes, so it is something normal...what is not normal is to stay without telling nothing to people which are waiting for ur results...

so i'd like to say that if i had rude words, well i apologize, but also i'd like to say that if u had bad times this can happen, but u need to comunicatye to explain, what u never did with me...

and i repeat here to those ones who show me there ass....lol i really don't mind lol it is soooo ridiculous, coz acting without knowing nothing about the story...HAHAHA
:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts