What's new

The Hounds Log 09 (Cleaning up the mess........)

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Hey loco,

It's a modified waterfarm system actually. I used waterfarms for years and had horrible troubles with them but stole the idealogy and went from there.. Recently GH introduced someething to recirculate the waterfarms so I've upgraded to that as well.

SO REALLY what the set up is a recirculating, drip/DWC combo.

loco81

nice thanks mine is kinda weird to i use flood and drain but when i flood i let run for about 20 minutes and during that time it flows out buckets into tub and recircs for a bit. but i think flood and drain would best describe mine. do you constantly have water in your buckets? the reason i ask is i saw you had an (airstone?)in your buckets and i was wondering if that owuld be neccesary for mine

Last edited:

loco81

also off subject anyone ever have there top colas not really grow at all? reasons for this? i think eitheir to much ligh at beg. my 1000 was a foot away or ?

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
I don't think extra 02 ever hurts loco.....but I'm not sure it's necessary for a flood and drain setup. Anonyone here do a flood and drain and do you guys put in an airstone?

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Stinky's O. K.

Stinky's O. K.

Just got an email from Image Reaper......has anyones spoken to Stinky lately.....he says he sent her an email but heard nothing and just wants to know that everything is ok with her.

Can anyone vouch for this and I'll send an email back letting him know.

Thanks

Tell IR, no worry, brah.
Stinky gonna be jus' fine.
She's building a koi pond.
Can't wait.

Dem's my critters.

Aloha,
Weezard

Last edited:

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Looks like dinner to me LOL! Just joking.....I can't even fish and neither the hubby nor I can even eat the eggs from our geese. We're pretty bad with that kind of thing. My horseshoer asked me if I named the eggs for chrissake; we're that bad. If it's bought from the store in plastic ok.......otherwise no..

Loco what kind of cooling system are you using for your light? You can buy a temp gun for 25.00 ish dollars and check your leaf temps. They should be below 80. That's the leaf temps themselves.....to check if your light is too close and causing heat problems to your top buds.

Thanks Weezard........I will pass the info on.

d4twamp

WH - thats some good info on the leaf tip temps...I'll have to remember that 1...How are the trashcan plants & livestock Dro' taking to there new homes...Do you innoculate w/ myccorhizae or any beneificail bacteria's....

Last edited:

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
I know......it's actually embarrassing. We give them to our neighbors. Hey, definitely let me know how you like the caps.

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
It's pretty pathetic of us, i have to agree. We're not vegetarians.......just don't like to eat things we've met previously LOL!

Rock.Steady

good thing you arent cannibals
once you lured your victim back to your place, you'd know em too well to kill em.

you'd starve.:laughing:

Rock.Steady

file photo of Mr Weedhound's old harvest days before Weedy got him the chainsaw for Christmas.

he was heard saying, "yeah, the missus grows em kinda big, so if i take a couple good swipes at 'em just right (motions with hand) they usually lay down without takin out any furniture, lights or those dam goose eggs stacked up all over the place."
PaulBunyan-m.jpg

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Where did you get that photo of Mr Hound???? :D

Rock I can't believe you turned your MOM onto cannabis.

loco81

havnt had to cool really i can leave window open and my temps stay ok 68-82 but i will get soon i guess i have to been lazy i have a fan hooked up to different hood i should use! its in my veg and i dont even need lol. thanks again

Looks like dinner to me LOL! Just joking.....I can't even fish and neither the hubby nor I can even eat the eggs from our geese. We're pretty bad with that kind of thing. My horseshoer asked me if I named the eggs for chrissake; we're that bad. If it's bought from the store in plastic ok.......otherwise no..

Loco what kind of cooling system are you using for your light? You can buy a temp gun for 25.00 ish dollars and check your leaf temps. They should be below 80. That's the leaf temps themselves.....to check if your light is too close and causing heat problems to your top buds.

Thanks Weezard........I will pass the info on.

Rock.Steady

Where did you get that photo of Mr Hound???? :D

Rock I can't believe you turned your MOM onto cannabis.

its the miracle i have been campaigning for for the last 20 years. i coulda swore i had her ready to light up one afternoon about 6 years ago.

she's suffered from mild insomnia for years, but as she's getting older, its compounded by the aches and pains of gettin older. She'll be 65 this summer and is still extremely active and looks 10 yrs younger than her age, but i think she'd deal with the devil if she could get a solid night's sleep.
if she asks for a lil help in the meds dept, im there for her:D

hey, cant hurt.
better than all the phamaceuticals she's been given over the years.

d4twamp

I grew up w/ my Mom selling buds...I remember being a teen Growing up in the North Bay and My Mom was the only one w/ PK at the time....Shit We (my siblings & I) would get 8ths of Dank in our Christmas stockings....LOL...no shitin' I couldn't make this shit up...