What's new

The High Country flower thread..

Stumbleweed

Real deal Matanuska Thunderfuck cut:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stumbleweed

TR and Paco's Red Headed Stranger (Williams Wonder x Tom Hill's Haze) -- one of my favorite Sativas:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's it for now. There are more shots in my recent album, and I'll hop back in here pretty soon to post more.

Stumbleweed

Most of them were 80+ days, with some stretching out to 100. TR/Paco can talk more about that for sure, but there were a couple of short-finishing Williams-dominant phenos that were done around 65-70 I think. Definitely a long-flowering Sativa, especially if you want it to its full potential... she'll keep stacking and foxtailing and throwing white pistils for quite a while.

P

Paco

The revolution- you may need to set up cold frames/greenhouse, pheno depending. We saw some willy dom plants finish at 65 days, a full 10 days longer than her momma. This was all in doors of course. good luck.

(my first time going all true organic [recycled soil, fed only compost tea & water], AND my first time trying to photograph buds - please forgive how damn amateur this is!)

(ALL IN WEEK 7)

Bubba's Trainwreck Haze
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OG Ghost Train Haze #5
picture.php

picture.php

Dorje113

(my first time going all true organic [recycled soil, fed only compost tea & water], AND my first time trying to photograph buds - please forgive how damn amateur this is!)

Awesome, a couple of friends and I that run my system have used the same dirt for nearly a decade.

Compost teas are great, but too much work for a small indoor setup IMO, check out the Age Old line... I use Grow at 1 tsp/gal for veg and bloom at the same rate combined with Earth Juice High Brix Molasses or Meta K to get the K levels up a bit. It's super cheap and easy...

If you don't have a soil test kit for NPK and Ph, pick one up, they are only about $20 and while they aren't super accurate it'll tell you if you're deficient or overloaded on nutes and will test the pH of your actual soil, which is key (measuring runoff isn't a great way to monitor your pH). Anyway, your pH will always be perfect if you use a peat moss based mix and add some dolomite lime every run. Don't try to monitor or correct the pH of your nute mix/compost teas unless your soil pH is actually drifting off, which never happens in a good soil mix. And never, ever flush your soil unless you've made a horrible mistake feeding them. Keeping your soil happy and balanced is the key to successfully recycling it.

Also, the larger the volume of soil you use, the larger your margin for error in getting the soil conditions right. I use 20 gal smart pots for plants that yield about 3/4 of a lb. I usually use beds that contain more like 40 gal of soil per plant and set up that way the system pretty much runs itsself and is the closest to outdoor/greenhouse that you can get indoors. The smart pots require more soil amendments per volume of soil, more lime to keep the pH balanced and a higher concentration of liquid nutes when I water them. Soil conditions in smart pots can change much more rapidly than in beds.

And yeah... photographing buds is far more challenging than I would have thought. Stumbleweed makes it look easy, he's the best pot photog I've ever seen. At least we're not back in the days of paying for film and processing!

Awesome, a couple of friends and I that run my system have used the same dirt for nearly a decade.
Man... I'm already working on figuring out how I'm gonna bring my dirt bins & compost with me when I move out of this house - I'm looking forward to a LONG relationship with this soil!

Compost teas are great, but too much work for a small indoor setup IMO, check out the Age Old line... I use Grow at 1 tsp/gal for veg and bloom at the same rate combined with Earth Juice High Brix Molasses or Meta K to get the K levels up a bit. It's super cheap and easy...
Funny you should mention Age Old - I actually ran it my first 2 cycles (then ran 1 with House & Garden cause I got hooked up with a free line-up). I liked it, but just got sick of measuring stuff and tweaking my feeds (H&G was a whole other level of grow-room chemistry class that was wayyyyy too complicated for the results). I def needed Earth Juice & a K booster when I ran Age Old tho...

As for the tea, I actually like it because it's easy as can be! All my ingredients are sitting there for amending the soil during recycling (and in my compost bin), and it's just a matter of bubbling my molasses for 24 hours, then throwin all my tea stuff in my stuffing bag and clothes-pinning it before I hit the sack. There's a hydro shop in the same industrial park as the Incredibowl warehouse with a Vortex brewer and I was picking up 5 gallon buckets of their tea, but it ended up being cheaper/easier (and in my opinion, of a much higher quality) for me to just brew it myself. I run through about 4-6 airstones a month with the current setup, but $10/month for all my feedings ain't too shabby (anyone know a bulk airstone source?)

If you don't have a soil test kit for NPK and Ph, pick one up, they are only about $20 and while they aren't super accurate it'll tell you if you're deficient or overloaded on nutes and will test the pH of your actual soil, which is key (measuring runoff isn't a great way to monitor your pH). Anyway, your pH will always be perfect if you use a peat moss based mix and add some dolomite lime every run. Don't try to monitor or correct the pH of your nute mix/compost teas unless your soil pH is actually drifting off, which never happens in a good soil mix. And never, ever flush your soil unless you've made a horrible mistake feeding them. Keeping your soil happy and balanced is the key to successfully recycling it.

I have a soil test kit from when I was running the Age Old, but thankfully I haven't had to bust it out this cycle - the girls have never seemed this happy!

Thanks for the tip on flushing! I was definitely planning on just water & molasses til the end, but I was gonna hit em with a hard flush in the last 5 days - I'll hold off on that!

Also, the larger the volume of soil you use, the larger your margin for error in getting the soil conditions right. I use 20 gal smart pots for plants that yield about 3/4 of a lb. I usually use beds that contain more like 40 gal of soil per plant and set up that way the system pretty much runs itsself and is the closest to outdoor/greenhouse that you can get indoors. The smart pots require more soil amendments per volume of soil, more lime to keep the pH balanced and a higher concentration of liquid nutes when I water them. Soil conditions in smart pots can change much more rapidly than in beds.

I mix/recycle in 20 gallon trash cans, cook for 6 weeks (til it cools to the touch - usually peaks around 90-100 deg F at week 4-ish), then dish it out as needed (veg in 1 gal pots, flower in 5 gal buckets)

And yeah... photographing buds is far more challenging than I would have thought. Stumbleweed makes it look easy, he's the best pot photog I've ever seen. At least we're not back in the days of paying for film and processing!

Yup - I'm gonna have to hit Stumbleweed up for some tips when I see him during next weekend's craziness... I can't freakin imagine snapping pics blind and taking em to wal greens to get em developed - here's to digital photography!

Latest posts

Latest posts