What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The hemp seed hub: A thread for those who seek seeds and infos on hemp

Kankakee

well no way your growing any flowers in the midwest ( my area ) without a organic combo.

the bud rot etc. has been very bad last few years. the leaf spot is new in our area at least regarding outdoor grows in bush. my spots have been hit and a buddy's area an hour away was hit hard. the plants die off in weeks. so farmers may be in for rude awakening with that black leaf spot disease without experience. ( just started attacking canna last few years, not an issue before this )

we've adapted with a few things but not anything like spraying acre's. should be interesting watching it play out as every region is different environment.

UFOpilot

When you type "hemp seeds" on ebay dot com,several strange sorts of hemp show up,such as bonsai- and strange coloured ones.From China.
Could these be new generation genetically modified hemp strains,or are they just Photoshopped?

UFOpilot

When you type "hemp seeds" on ebay dot com,several strange sorts of hemp show up,such as bonsai- and strange coloured ones.From China.
Could these be new generation genetically modified hemp strains,or are they just Photoshopped?

B

Bongi

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]dioecious:
Dioica 88
Schöne vom Albis
KC Virtus
Kompolti
Tiborszallasi
Carmagnola CS
Antal
Finola

monoecious:(with dioecious plants)
Felina 32
Futura 75

I have just found out about one variety that might have high CBD content and has low THC content. It is Fedora 17/19 from BioCan Ag. I will add it to my list if it is dioecious. I am waiting reply from BioCan Ag about it.
[/FONT]

B

Bongi

+ If I find source of American high CBD hemp seeds then those too. Now my only source that I have found is too expensive with minimum ammount you have to buy at 5000$.

B

Bongi

Do you know if it is 100% monoecious? According to Only Ornamental Fedora 17 is not 100% monoecious.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For some general informations please see link in my signature
wink.gif

To be nitpicking: Fédora 17 (often only referred to as Fedora) is not 100% monoecious but female predominant which means that in this case it's half females half monoecious plants. I couldn't figure out it's lineage or the original breeder though ;( . It's possibly a Fibrimon hybrid similar to Fédora 19 and many other currently available female predominant varieties.

Fédora 17 was and still is the most popular monoecious variety in Switzerland (maybe because for many years it was the only variety in the national seed catalogue) and probably the most popular of any hemp variety currently grown there. Several Swiss farmers (with usually small fields) have internet sites with practical advices and infos (though not always scientifically correct). But you'd need to be fluent in German (and/or sometimes French).
Fédora 17 is still very popular in France too. Not entirely sure if it's still the case that a good part of hemp grown in central France actually is Fédora 17 or if other lower THC varieties are taking over. If you're fluent in French, the homepage of the biggest French hemp cooperation is well made.
It's also cultivated in Germany but to a lesser degree... maybe they don't know how to get the ´ on the e but don't want to admit it
biggrin.gif
. Seriously, I suppose it's just not that well suited for the climate a few hundred kilometres northwards.
[/FONT]

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Have any of you grown hemp indoors? I am going to test multiple varietys.
Yes, several. Was a pure fun and reproduction run with a few varieties and just a few plants per variety. Most important thing: You're going to need a high ceiling ;) .
BTW you'll find a bunch of pics of 'em in my gallery.

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Do you know if it is 100% monoecious? According to Only Ornamental Fedora 17 is not 100% monoecious.
Well, from what I've heard so far about BioCan, they only talk of Fedora, no number mentioned... the plants I saw in television didn't really look like Fedora and are allegedly all from clones. You usually don't clone hemp... but at the moment Swiss laws are quite spongy and you need some sort of workaround to grow it legally. How they manage to grow their latest variety "Fedtonic" legally, I do not know unless it's under 100% artificial light and they do own a huge growroom.
Anyway, real Fédora 17 is about 50% females and the rest monoecious plants i.e. females with some male flowers. There are several explanations to why and how but I don't know Fédora 17's lineage and hence everything is speculative except that all plants are genetic females. It also explains why they have to take cuttings and consequentially don't get the whole harvest fully seeded.

Only Ornamental

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
monoecious:(with dioecious plants)
Felina 32
Futura 75
[/FONT]
To quote myself:
- Fédora 17, 19 and 74 (the numbers refer to flowering onset): France, 'Fédora 17' was the last variety to lose approval in Switzerland (1. June 2014), a medium sized variety with 50% females and 50% monoecious plants. 'Fédora 19' [('JUS-9' x 'Fibrimon 21') F1 x 'Fibrimon 21'] is taller, has a relatively early flowering onset, up to 1.2% CBD, but a poor essential oil quality. 'Fédora 74' has an intermediate flowering onset.
- Fédrina 74: Female predominant French variety, tall with late flowering onset, ~1.5% CBD, ('Fibridia' x 'Fibrimon 24') F1 x 'Fibrimon 24'
- Félina 32, 34: France, variety with 50% females and 50% monoecious plants, originally medium THC and CBD content but now only up to 1.6% CBD, medium sized with intermediate flowering onset. 'Félina 34' = ('Kompolti' x 'Fibrimon 24') x 'Fibrimon 24' has a low optimal temperature in vegetative phase ~13°C and shows a short flower induction (or photoperiode induced) phase making it 'autoflowering' in Southern Europe, suitable for seed and essential oil production.

As you can see, these "female predominant" plants are back-crosses to the monoecious line of crosses between a monoecious "male" with a dioecious female. This results in a certain percentage (usually 50% in an Bx1 of an F1) of plants showing monoecy or dioecy respectively but all are genetic females. In a real, stable monoecious variety all individuals produce a certain amount of male flowers alongside female ones i.e. are all hermaphrodites. Alas, most of these female predominant varieties are commonly referred to as monoecious and it's often not clear, what the varieties really are without growing them of knowing their lineage.
At least amongst the Eastern European and Russian varieties there are some which are not F1 but F2 or F3, only the seed line is an F1 cross between two stable maintainer lines. This is because it's difficult to obtain enough F1 seeds and hence, these few F1 plants are used to obtain the seeds sold to the farmers. This results in deviating ratios of monoecious to female plants and also shifts the degree of monoecy (i.e. the ratio of male to female flowers on individual monoecious plants).

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

photoshopped from what i saw.

Azaghal

Veteran
Hello everybody, :tiphat:

it seems like the austrian seed vendor Cannapot is also offering hemp varietys from an austrian company named Nativ Canna.

This is a description about the company, altough written in german :

"Nativ Canna ist ein österreichisches Unternehmen, das sich auf die Erzeugung und den Vertrieb von legalen Hanfrohstoffen sowie Hanfprodukten spezialisiert hat. Im Hanfsamensortiment bietet das Unternehmen hauptsächlich CBD reiche Sorten an, von denen die meisten im gemeinsamen Sortenkatalog der EU enthalten sind. Diese Sorten sind im Allgemeinen auch als Faser-, Nutz-, oder Industriehanf bekannt. Dabei handelt es sich um originales und zertifiziertes Saatgut von den offiziellen Herstellern und keine Nachzucht, welches sonst nur in großen Mengen und zumeist nur für Landwirte erhältlich ist. Dadurch erhält der Samensammler die Möglichkeit, auch an diese sehr CBD reichen und für Sammler sonst nur schwer erhältlichen Samen in angemessenen Stückzahlen zu kommen. "

Among other things, Nativ Canna is offering Fedora 17.

https://www.cannapot.com/shop/hanfsamen/nativcanna/

Cheers

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Its bit more expensive.Some Swiss shops you can get 200 seeds for EUR 17 and Schone von Albis is it around eur 7.

Latest posts

Latest posts