What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

bigherb

Veteran
Why dont you grow O haze than instead of skunk/haze,afghan haze,NL5haze,G13hz ?
They are hybrid of hazes and far away from O.haze.
Haze A and C is just story you believe and thats all....All modern hazes that are around dam are NL5haze or Jack herer x g13hp,skunk1,nl5 etc....
Nothing to do with hazes A and C.

What is the story of Haze A & C you believe?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
What is the story of Haze A & C you believe?
Nothing there is probably one Haze male that is used before in first Haze crosses from the seed bank...At first female was used Haze x NL1male in 1988 after in 1989 they start using male and hit Silver pearl clone and NL5 clone cuz of seed business and crazy crave for Haze cross....later in 1994 the same male is used in hiting the (NL5 x shiva skunk male) aka rad hair skunk.

From these first crosses are found great plants that are called old school hazes A5,C5,JackHerer,Silver haze....those are those hazes you in US consider piff and in EU pre Amnesia Hazes...after that around 2000s come further breeding of this long flower comercial cuts that are floating around Netherlands with skunk and G13hp and afghans of various kinds....and also some breeder further breed those old lineages by breeders (jack h x silver haze) (Nl5hz x silver haze) (silver haze x NL5haze) (seeds by Mr nice)
From this 2000s indica hybridization comes those famous skunky hazes G13haze,Amnesia haze,SLH,S5,Champagne,Gold haze... that most of them smell similar and are recognised by fake lineages storyes as SSH by people.
No one ever grow any O.haze for comercial production.
All what you and I have been smoking while hanging around Netherlands are just great comercial cuts that are mostly "indica" strains with haze characteristics.
If you grow those indicas of past now they can easy be sold as old school hazes.
1000002707.jpg

1000002708.jpg

For example this G13hp pheno that have metalic lemons taste and smell when mixed in Joint of Jack it have taste just like G13haze long flower cutting you can get in Netherlands.....That woodish spicy lemon.

Im not saying that this is truth but its my expirience I got through the years.
Just please dont make me try belive different with Neviles Mr nice qotes or something like that...If you dont belive me try buy few packs of Sk1,G13hp,Jack,NL5haze,SilverHaze,Bigbud grow smoke and see....you will have your expirience and what I write above is mine.

Lugo

Veteran
Just wanted to drop some pics of the Johhny5 MBSkunk pheno #5F, just about ~4 weeks into flower and already drawing flies 🪰

Colombian Mangobiche x Rancid Mexican Sativa Skunk

Attachments

• IMG_20240316_232529_639.jpg
    IMG_20240316_232529_639.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 33
  • CM240317-205033013~2.jpg
    CM240317-205033013~2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 25
  • CM240317-204939004~2.jpg
    CM240317-204939004~2.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 29

CannaT

Premium user
i see plenty of guys growing it happily and loving it ,
you may not care for it ,, but quite a few others seem too ...
I tought about cuts that were growed for comercial production.
Im shure that some guys like Maha,Mac and other pure Haze lovers grow them and enjoy them.
But this nosense that only good hazed are haze A & C is just no sense by my way of thinking.

CannaT

Premium user
How many pure O.Hazes did you grow?
Few before exactly FD, didnt like the outcome very much...its different and unique good to try and see what it is all about ,but will never grow it again.
If I need to chose I rather go with Skunk/haze than pure Haze.
But maybe thats just me...and my preferences.
I will never say that O haze dont give vierd magic to anything it touch...but people mostly chose keepers that are indica dominant or 50/50 hazes phenos rather than pure haze.
Mostly its skunk or afgani like buds and yild in "Haze body" longer flower and strachy plants with hazy scent.

And I dont get it why people react so emotional on my posts its just my free thinking out of mainstream narative.
If you didnt like it go to the next one post.
Or if you want to chek its legitimacy grow few packs in year or 2 depends of grow space you have you will see by your own what Iam talking about...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I tought about cuts that were growed for comercial production.
Im shure that some guys like Maha,Mac and other pure Haze lovers grow them and enjoy them.
But this nosense that only good hazed are haze A & C is just no sense by my way of thinking.
commercial production and growing for personal use are quite different things ,
one relies on turn over , high yields as fast as possible ,
the quality is secondary to the yield in a lot of cases , its hard to tick all the boxes ...
Whereas growing for personal use allows room for lesser yields and just what is the persons preferred weed to toke on ,, whether its pure indicas , sativas, hybrids ,, what ever they like , there is less focus on fast turnover and more room for preferences ....
Haze a and c definitely made some great hybrids that are still very popular decades after they hit the scene,
the "hybrids" part being the key there , they are not pure haze , and therefore cant be compared to it imo,
but they are still great hybrids , the fact they have been around so long and are still highly regarded and spoken of , tells the story ...
it seems as though u like them given they are in some of the stuff you like to grow, so im not sure what you are trying to say there ...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Skunk is present in many of the Haze plants I've grown. Especially THH and O Haze. These will add those terp profiles. I don't see any affy in any of them. I've grown many and don't see anything like your posts. I'm not aware of any pure Hazes?. . None of my keepers are 50/50. I prefer 80/20 on the Sativa side. It's been pointed out in other threads why people react to you as they do. Aggressive hostility will meet the same in return.

adc2e963d209e1759e1d905adaaef35ade719b8f.jpeg

CannaT

Premium user
Skunk is present in many of the Haze plants I've grown. Especially THH and O Haze. These will add those terp profiles. I don't see any affy in any of them. I've grown many and don't see anything like your posts. I'm not aware of any pure Hazes?. . None of my keepers are 50/50. I prefer 80/20 on the Sativa side. It's been pointed out in other threads why people react to you as they do. Aggressive hostility will meet the same in return.

View attachment 18975233
This is 50/50 pheno its more of Skunk than haze.
If you dont belive me I consider MM here one of the best haze expert here is his post.
1000002724.jpg

This one looks exactly like your pheno above.
Haze is calyx on calyx there is no yild at all indoors....
There is no point of more arguments about my posts..I sad what I said and its different than mainstream narative,and thats all.
We can arguing here for days,the same things different people see different so there is no point in further discussion at all.
Truth dosent exist everything is theory.
People made truth thats why there is law and religion.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is 50/50 pheno its more of Skunk than haze.
If you dont belive me I consider MM here one of the best haze expert here is his post.
View attachment 18975235

This one looks exactly like your pheno above.
Haze is calyx on calyx there is no yild at all indoors....
There is no point of more arguments about my posts..I sad what I said and its different than mainstream narative,and thats all.
We can arguing here for days,the same things different people see different so there is no point in further discussion at all.
Truth dosent exist everything is theory.
People made truth thats why there is law and religion.
Truth is what you want it to be. I don't give a shit what others do or say. I'm not going to bash them for what they do . There always gonna be backseat growers who think they know other's gardens lol. Would I agree what I've grown are 50/50 absolutely not. I have plenty of MM seeds. Skunk terps do not make something 50% Affy lol. That plant has zero MM genetics in it. I used @Donald Mallard genetics in that project. Your interpretation of yield is flawed. I have no issues with that with Haze hybrids. Maybe if you stopped being so matter of fact about everything you post you would get a better interaction. At some point, people will ignore you. This project of Neviles Haze x O Haze) x APPSS I used @MadMac genetics. Its killer.. Not even close to 50/50 IMO.
DSCN9849.JPG

Last edited:

Lugo

Veteran
A few more pics of the Colombian Mangobiche x Mexican Sativa Skunk

And a view from the boys side.

Clones of each are going as well and should be transplanted mañana.

So far the flowering females are drawing a lot of flys 🪰

No standouts in the males as far as scent goes yet.

✌️💀🌺

Attachments

• CM240314-103555044.jpg
    CM240314-103555044.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 20
  • CM240314-105306054.jpg
    CM240314-105306054.jpg
    659.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240318_182335~2.jpg
    20240318_182335~2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 20240318_182339~2.jpg
    20240318_182339~2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • CM240318-185059001.jpg
    CM240318-185059001.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 18
  • CM240318-185224011~2.jpg
    CM240318-185224011~2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 18
  • CM240318-185216009~2.jpg
    CM240318-185216009~2.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 17
  • CM240318-185108002~2.jpg
    CM240318-185108002~2.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240318_184804~2.jpg
    20240318_184804~2.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 20

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Malawi Gold x Grinspoon is 1 of the best Sativa from seed in decades. I was so caught off guard by what showed up in those seeds. The last 3 seeds are up in veg. LOVE THIS ONE!!!

Here's a dry shot of a different pheno of NHxOH)XAPPSS
DSCN0581.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts