What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I asked Todd what he recommended growing these out in tents. He said if inside to take clones and the second that you see roots transplant those clones and flip them to 12/12.

I did that and still had to bend and chop. One was about 6" when flipped and it grew into the light and burnt and topped it self.

Out the two I have cloned so far both rooted faster than my other cuts.

RED 1

picture.php

Haze A x Killer Malawi outdoor grow,in hash form

JohnnyChicago

What would you do? I need a strategy ... prepared to let them veg for a while , sex & take clones and flower the clones , Or start to flower them out right now and then when they show sex take the cuts ?

Depends also on your goals. If your priority is a male, you can flower them now and take cuts. You will have your males very quickly :)

ronbo51

Veteran
What would you do? I need a strategy ... prepared to let them veg for a while , sex & take clones and flower the clones , Or start to flower them out right now and then when they show sex take the cuts ?

Label the cups. Take 2 or 3 cuts from each. Label appropriately. Flower the cups. When the cup plants show sex take out all the males including the cuts. Bam

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I received a lot of useful advice from several directions

I received a lot of useful advice from several directions

Depends also on your goals. If your priority is a male, you can flower them now and take cuts. You will have your males very quickly :)
My goals are not to take myself too seriously & enjoy growing :blowbubbles: & Hope I don’t fuck them up too bad
Label the cups. Take 2 or 3 cuts from each. Label appropriately. Flower the cups. When the cup plants show sex take out all the males including the cuts. Bam

Thesearch

I had a bit of difficulties this year with my grow location and because of it, didn't end up following my original plan of setting up mothers from seed and flowering the clones, instead I just grew the seeds out and flowered the whole plants. long story short, maybe 2 or 3 weeks before harvest I took clones from all my plants except the zamaldelicas and had a 96% success rate under a single 18 watt cfl bulb in an environment averaging 8°C/46°F. Just used a rapid rooter plug tray (they are just soilless plugs from general hydroponics) and watered them with a tiny bit of medi one from green planet. nothing fancy, those rapid rooters are fantastic though. Not only did I get all those clones perfectly, they have incredible branching now that is just insane from the tight nodal spacing of the flowering plant. all that said, you have to take a flimsy bottom branch tip or some part that has the least developed buds and least woody stem. my friend took several clones as well, put in peat plugs and kept beside mine and most failed. Anyhow, if you fuck up, there is hope still in taking clones even if the plant is almost ready to harvest
:plant grow:

HAZENACIOUS

Hi Starcrash, You can take cuttings and flower them as soon as you take them, they show pretty quickly, sometimes they start showing sex before they are even done rooting. This strategy works good if you are growing huge plants and you want to get rid of your males to make more room in veg. I have found that throwing plants back into veg after you have started budding even for a little while screws up everything and totally not worth it. I tend to just bud them out, eliminate the males, and take cuts at the very end when I know what the keepers are, but this gives you cuts that are good for mothers only, then I take cuttings from those cuttings. If I need cuts for the very next grow, then I just take cuts of everything before budding, and cull everything but the keepers, this is a big hassle for me so I try to make sure that I am not taking cuts for the next grow from the current grow. 5hz hybrids

JohnnyChicago

My goals are not to take myself too seriously & enjoy growing :blowbubbles: & Hope I don’t fuck them up too bad

Different goals, different strategies. You have asked a strategy in the Haze hybrid thread, not growing tipps.

If you want select the best female, grow them from seed.
If you grow only for smoke, with no further plans and enjoy growing and smoking, take clones and flower them out.
If you want collect pollen, you can have pollen 2 month ealier than the first OH flower will be ready to smoke. And mature hybrid seeds ready at the same time, if planed well.

These are strategies you will gain time, easiness and/or quality.

Nothing has to be taken to seriously, but planing is important with a 6 month variety :)

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m gonna let them Veg out , and then take cuttings , then flower the cuttings ...I’m excited to to do this , I’ll go from the cups to 2 L containers of coco, and then continue on I think I’ll be able to handle that .. It’s going to be cool to let them grow and see what they look like

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew this out in the past very sativa required precise needs as far as lighting 10/14 or else she wouldn’t perform properly... The first pictured plant was wheeled in an out of darkness , and the second plant was left out side in the natural Mako Haze I still have a seed pack
picture.php
picture.php

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
lovely Mako haze star crash.... we used to call her KoMa haze.....and with S.A.G.E and Amnesia were surely the 3 best hazes I used to find and smoke in A'dam in 2006-2008!

great incense taste and smell from all them!

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Different goals, different strategies. You have asked a strategy in the Haze hybrid thread, not growing tipps.

If you want select the best female, grow them from seed.
If you grow only for smoke, with no further plans and enjoy growing and smoking, take clones and flower them out.
If you want collect pollen, you can have pollen 2 month ealier than the first OH flower will be ready to smoke. And mature hybrid seeds ready at the same time, if planed well.

These are strategies you will gain time, easiness and/or quality.

Nothing has to be taken to seriously, but planing is important with a 6 month variety :)
I didn’t mean to imply that growing out Haze wasn’t serious business:flowers2::smoke: Look at this one it has jagged leaves compared to the other ones:D thus far
picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lovely Mako haze star crash.... we used to call her KoMa haze.....and with S.A.G.E and Amnesia were surely the 3 best hazes I used to find and smoke in A'dam in 2006-2008!

great incense taste and smell from all them!

I’ve been wanting to get her back in rotation for a long time

Bnyest

Than look at this one Star. It’s also OH from Todd... well I hope it is lol. It was just single bean that I popped, got some more in dirt now to see how they look. I showed it to Todd and chatted with him few times about it. He’s a cool guy always ready to answer any questions.
According to him his OH line has a lot of variation, phenos ranging from 10-16+ weeks.
“ A lot of the original Haze males had an incredible scent to them, if you are doing some breeding I would recommend growing it out and seeing what you think of it structure and aroma.

You may also see more narrow leaves as the plant grows into maturity.

I had never had original Haze seeds prior to getting them directly from Skunkman Sam, and I was rather surprised at the range within the variety once I started growing it.”

Plant on the right is OH male 4 weeks 12/12 from seed. On the left my keeper pheno of Metal dragon f2

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

HGCC

Hi Starcrash, You can take cuttings and flower them as soon as you take them, they show pretty quickly, sometimes they start showing sex before they are even done rooting. This strategy works good if you are growing huge plants and you want to get rid of your males to make more room in veg. I have found that throwing plants back into veg after you have started budding even for a little while screws up everything and totally not worth it. I tend to just bud them out, eliminate the males, and take cuts at the very end when I know what the keepers are, but this gives you cuts that are good for mothers only, then I take cuttings from those cuttings. If I need cuts for the very next grow, then I just take cuts of everything before budding, and cull everything but the keepers, this is a big hassle for me so I try to make sure that I am not taking cuts for the next grow from the current grow. 5hz hybrids

Man I took/take the route of taking clones of everything, couldn't really bring myself to kill the ones I didn't need or didn't want and once I had exhausted my list of people taking in stray plants they just wound up in a box on the side of the road. I hope they found a good home.

It does seem the best approach, but man its messy. I typically take 2 or 3 cuts from each plant just to make sure one makes it....egads batman that winds up messy quickly.

JohnnyChicago

I didn’t mean to imply that growing out Haze wasn’t serious business:flowers2: Look at this one it has jagged leaves compared to the other ones:D thus farView Image

It's so fun seeing you growing and showing the OH.
Then to be honest the "skinny leaf contest" wasn't meant seriously at all :D
May be contests like that should be done more often ...

Jagged leaves so early? nice :)
picture.php