What's new

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Piff_cat

ya outback haze is pretty cool concept would be culmination of grail work. dj ran thru selections on about 40 females straight from nev before he passed. the outback 3 mother in this line was extreme nld big internodes huge leaves incense profile. dj outcrossed the outback 3 female to north vietnam male from landrace team which he spoke about while on the original haze thread.

when nev passed dj was in process of obtaining colombian black from landrace team. the lrt guys are mountain climbers and obtained this diverse north vietnam line coming from barely over the yunnan border. its the local smoke and wasnt used for mass production remains semi feral. comes from cat ba island a nature preserve also used for r and r the ho chi minh army during vietnam. dj instantly recognized the 69 haze A traits in the vietnam line and the cross brought forth a bunch of previously silenced/lost traits such as wild type seeds with carnuckles so this line is probly semi feral.

the outback breeding process
1. tia x reversed nh35
2. nh21 x selected tianh35 reversed

nev used a technique he called outback because the line starts with an outcross followed by the selected female*nh35tia) backcross to the full sibling . idealy this way very few good genes are lost, it places the same clone on different sides of successive breedings- the tia injected more of the lowland thai of the haze A types without lowering haze phenotypes or traits.

outcross
backcross

1672938506457.png

1672938554721.png

the outback3 female pistils/bud/leaf morphology strongly resembles this old haze female from bonks haze website

1672939174172.png

1672938860500.png

this is the original female dj found in the north vietnam "landrace haze"

1672938903971.png

1672938720250.png

1672938776174.png

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i dont see any reason to mix feral cannabis with modern domesticated stuff ,
feral cannabis would have barely any potency and not be far removed from hemp ,
humans select for potency , nature doesnt ,
in fact in time even with a domestic variety , potency will diminish if left with no selection for it ,

i question a lot of what dj9 says and does in fact ,
he talks a good talk , but seems uneducated with some aspects of cannabis ,
he sees vietnamese in haze , despite it being colombian ,
maybe he just sees they are both sativa and cant distinguish between the rest of the traits sativas have ...

this is the same guy who believes in perennial cannabis ...

Piff_cat

here we go..... domestication kills diversity and desirable secondary metabolites.ocimene, linalool and limonene are the first 3 terpenes to go once the plant is not challenged anymore ... they also happen to be the most important to haze. theres a reason nevils f1 and the piff have such high ocimene.
the idea which you can learn in this article, is that north east china, japan, and korea create a zone of unique extreme diversity which radiates out meaning south to yunnan/vietnam. and also down thru thailand, cambodia phillipines and indonesia. proximity to this zone the extreme enviorments have shaped the lines which is why the rare cannabinoids in haze- cbc, cbt,cbl and cbgm are all found in this area and basically no where else.

as the germplasm filters down from the diversity zone up in lianoing its decendants in south china founded indian ganja, hashplants, north afghan, se asian etc. here are the founding wild lines and landraces found in china.

InkedScreenshot 2022-12-21 at 13-56-47 Whole-genome resequencing of wild and cultivated cannab...jpg

to have cannabis without a cbd synthase in its entire genome is the best possible starting point for breeding and thats what lines 1,2 and 4 can provide.

if you notice, number 1 is literally almost in north vietnam. this was the highest thc found in the study and is linked to all the se asian lines tested. while number 2 is yunnan also no cbd and grouped with the indian ganja. number 3 is the red stemmed tibet wild line this is a 2 to 1 thc cbd ratio and serves as founder starting in uttakarhand/nepal working its way down the himalayas. and number 4 is the most interesting because its from xinijiang which is well above 40 lat but also, has no cbd synthase. but serves as founder for the north afghan lines and by proxy most of the hybrids today. this xinijiang is the area the oldest drug cannabis has been found in a shamans burial 2700 years old... line had 2 thc synthases, but no cbd synthase. it also included cbc,cbl and thcv.. if your gonna harrass me at least educate yourself first.

this is what using these north vietnam genetics gets ya. id be interested to see anything youve bred that performs like this..... get a life dude
1672987684215.png

1672988225307.png

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
ahahha ,
"get a life"
seriously ????
cant you or dj9 be questioned , or even god forbid , maybe be wrong about something ??

i think your mixed up between feral , landrace and domesticated cannabis and their meanings anyhow,
landrace varieties are domesticated , feral are simply hemp varieties ,
and as i said if they were escapees from originally domesticated types , they will loose their potency quite quickly ...

also those aerial roots are simply responding to the environment , its no big deal as any cannabis can and will do it in the right circumstance ,
obviously you are not aware of it because you are not very experienced at growing , as we have seen in previous posts you have made where you thought weeds striking in your pots were in fact cannabis plants and couldnt be told at the time ,, eventually you realised ,
what did u think , oh thats right , they were coming from the roots of the seed plants already growing ,, come on man , ,
sorry mate , but i call them as i see them ,
you also talk a good talk , you use flash terminology ,
but your inexperience comes through and your book smarts need to be tempered with experience ,
currently they are sadly lacking ...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those stem roots (Adventitious roots) are not from vigor.. That happens with your environment 100%.. I've had cuts do that when rooting clones from the humidity being high, they die off when exposed to air and low humidity. I do get some that have roots just above the medium surface. I don't like exposed roots above the medium much. It can cause an easy entry point for bad shit. There are some varieties like monstera, pothos, philodendrons, rubber trees, ficuses and other plants that normally do this. This is what I see most often. Rarely anything further up.

DSCN5772.JPG
DSCN5773.JPG

I thought the is was cool..

Last edited:

Piff_cat

To be fair mold resistance must be good growing in such a humid environment. :D
And with buds full of pubic hairs. :puke:
sounds crazy but they must be epiphetic roots. very common in a 90 percent humidity enviorment that never lets up. im not sayin they are purposeful in this case but brown haze and kullu x amnesia hybrid also do this except those are much less numerous and only on main stem. must be a shitload of rooting hormones present.
only other time you see this is elite91 being over applied. apparently these viet plants were seen growing with running water underneath lol. never grown plants that were so active like they are sentinent. twisting individual fingers at angles to catch light the smallest injury unleashes torrent of rebuilding super crop x100. these same traits are seen in the high altitude semi feral kashmir lines.
i like breeding/growing/smoking for incense traits. seems to be 2 routes plants go for these compounds- 1. dry hot enviorments where injury creates an oleo resin for repair(frankincense) 2. extreme heat and humidity requiring potent anti fungal and thick waterproof lignin. agarwood or palo santo would fall in this category in fact agarwood is worthless for incense if its not infected or damaged creating resinous hartwood. since this is worth more then gold by weight many elicitor techniques have been developed beyond intentional injury- methyl jasmonate, sacylilc acid, fungal innoculations, chitin. most popular and effective uses the plants own alarm chemicals like an iv bag and is drawn up the stem thru transpiration. when researching compounds found in nevils haze/piff nearly all are involved in fungal protection.

kullu
1673070181914.png

piffs2
1673070006771.png

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
they are aerial roots like i said ,
cannabis is not an epiphyte, but when the ground is soaked and the humidity is high,
they regularly sprout roots as you have shown ,
i think its a survival tactic , indicating the ground is so wet , before long they will get wet feet and start to die ,
the aerial roots are a last ditch attempt at survival in case this happens ....

ive seen this during monsoon times where i live as the soil sometimes gets drenched even in areas with good drainage ....,
cannabis doesnt really like wet feet in soil for long ,
it will kill them via stem rot , or simply kill the root zone as the soil become anaerobic ...

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
they are aerial roots like i said ,
cannabis is not an epiphyte, but when the ground is soaked and the humidity is high,
they regularly sprout roots as you have shown ,
i think its a survival tactic , indicating the ground is so wet , before long they will get wet feet and start to die ,
the aerial roots are a last ditch attempt at survival in case this happens ....

ive seen this during monsoon times where i live as the soil sometimes gets drenched even in areas with good drainage ....,
cannabis doesnt really like wet feet in soil for long ,
it will kill them via stem rot , or simply kill the root zone as the soil become anaerobic ...
Piff s2 never did this for me , go figure I live in the desert and personally was far from me to consider it a haze or something worth keeping. Everyone has Thier preferences , this one sat in jar and was not desirable for me. Carry on but to send shots at Donald and then bring up an s2 of bagseed as an example is blasphemy.

Piff_cat

Piff s2 never did this for me , go figure I live in the desert and personally was far from me to consider it a haze or something worth keeping. Everyone has Thier preferences , this one sat in jar and was not desirable for me. Carry on but to send shots at Donald and then bring up an s2 of bagseed as an example is blasphemy.
topic was what semi feral high humidity vietnam genetics had to offer... and the examples show how less domesticated plants have higher transcription rates of horomnes for rooting, auxin etc. picture of piff s2 is just because you dont see aerial roots( too muchyes not epyphitic is wrong term)much piff s2 and kullu those are the only 2 other examples of indoor aerial roots i could find beyond the viet.
and when i saw piff s2 its actually referring to the selected clone pc3 which piffcoast picked out of the s2 release. this line has alot to offer it has the highest cbt cbl of any plant ever tested and done in 10 weeks. but yes in the general seed release any s2 generation is going to have deleterious runts etc its not my preferred breeding method but you gotta remember it was the first ever piff clone only release. wasnt supposed to be the be all and end all it was an entry level piff clone for the home grower who wanted to grow their own nyc haze which it delivers in spades. but i never grew any of the seeds just bought the clone.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
i dont see any reason to mix feral cannabis with modern domesticated stuff ,
feral cannabis would have barely any potency and not be far removed from hemp ,
humans select for potency , nature doesnt ,
in fact in time even with a domestic variety , potency will diminish if left with no selection for it

This is the best qote at icmag....people breed for potency.
Maybe in wild cannabis there are potent plants.
But ratio od cbd and thc is all over the place.

But it will hurt people here that know thai,lumbo,african....etc...fake ass knowladge and professors.

👍