What's new

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
that's crazy, i have seen that once before on an aussie bush plant, male allowed to flower out fully threw a weird flower just like that, like a branch with a seed every inch or so, just one branch on an eight foot male plant,
but yours have now become fully female? that's so wild....

Piff_cat

the sad part is i had like 8 of these but just kept the 2 nicest ones. heres rubber band man when he still had balls and was green. they also have translucent red petioles and are both bleeders. the wild type seeds with carnuckle at one end is pretty weird too. i thought it was weird how the first 8 were males)where these came from) and the second round(which were only a week behind first) were 8 out of 9 female. well if they are monoceious thats what they do balls then pistils. possibly they grow balls by themselves but if put into a tent with males present already may skip right to pistils. all the females were firm not one banana. so now ive got 6 plants for keepers 4 true females. i guess ill have to flip these dragon ones and see what happens. considering ojd found a male in femmed seeds of similar pedigree not too unheard of for gender fluidity in wild type lines. we shall see
rubberbandman.jpg

Piff_cat

How do we know this? Has the guy who gave it to Kyle Kushman come out with some info?

Kyle Kushman told his story on the Ganjier a Youtube show a couple years ago, starts at 16:30:

But basically the full story is that he got a clone from some home grower and noticed it smelled like strawberries so he shared

yea i mean guess the extended story included some more info it was a guy in vermont he had these clones he kept trying to give to kyle called strawberry fields guy mentioned it was related to swiss strawberry types which there are more then a couple. actually really cool plants due to the mold resisitance originally i think may even have been bread as ornamentals. but strawberry terps are pretty common in those short season alpine types probly has something to do with eugenol not really sure. but they are good to make f1 i think short flower density high terps unique nice effect. compared to a broad leaf hasplant which offers mold problems, earthy terps and more boring effect. sagamartha i believe also has strawberry fields line he also is a vermont connection so thats pieces of the story. whatever it is its wonderful. also strawberry daiugquri i think by sub crossed strawberry cough to jack the ripper another great line. i like the strawberry cough as it gives you a haze high but a switch up from church every once in a while. generally i feel like the candy sweet sativa types with lemon strawberry blueberry etc are a nice compliment to sour and haze

goingrey

yea i mean guess the extended story included some more info it was a guy in vermont he had these clones he kept trying to give to kyle called strawberry fields guy mentioned it was related to swiss strawberry types which there are more then a couple. actually really cool plants due to the mold resisitance originally i think may even have been bread as ornamentals. but strawberry terps are pretty common in those short season alpine types probly has something to do with eugenol not really sure. but they are good to make f1 i think short flower density high terps unique nice effect. compared to a broad leaf hasplant which offers mold problems, earthy terps and more boring effect. sagamartha i believe also has strawberry fields line he also is a vermont connection so thats pieces of the story. whatever it is its wonderful. also strawberry daiugquri i think by sub crossed strawberry cough to jack the ripper another great line. i like the strawberry cough as it gives you a haze high but a switch up from church every once in a while. generally i feel like the candy sweet sativa types with lemon strawberry blueberry etc are a nice compliment to sour and haze
That's interesting. Only heard of the one Swiss strawberry strain "Erdbeer" that @KnosPe says was bred in a Swiss university to be an "industrial ganja strain" - mold resistant and machine harvestable. Clone only but seeds of varying degrees of purity have been available throughout the years. If this is the "Strawberry Fields" and it made it into the hands of a US based home grower so early I would guess it would be from seeds from Green Hornet.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes I also heard the stories from Kushman on what the SC is and that he basically didn’t know what the Strawberry side was but it was crossed to haze or NL5Hz as probably and then Kushman crossed it to NL5Hz again and sent it to Dutch Passion and they made a variety from those seeds sold as Strawberry Cough I think. The Strawberry thing was from Vermont right?

Strawberry cough is from the Strawberry fields crew ( kyle passed it around the industry so his name got put on the cut kinda like the core cut Amnesia Haze, Core just passed it around so his name got put on it

I belive the Strawberry cough is from Strawberry Jerry 1 of the Strawberry field crew , he has liked Strawberry x pics ive posted on Instagram and thats how i seen the info. I couldn't find his Instagram page but if i do il post it up.

big shout to krunch or Curb( i cant remember who) for sharing her all those years back , i made alot of Strawberry X's with her and had alot of fun before i lost her , I got many X's left with her.

the Strawberry Cough clone i had didn't really smell or taste like Strawberry( i think it was a bit old and tired) , but any x you made with the clone infused heavy Strawberry into the X really well

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the sad part is i had like 8 of these but just kept the 2 nicest ones. heres rubber band man when he still had balls and was green. they also have translucent red petioles and are both bleeders. the wild type seeds with carnuckle at one end is pretty weird too. i thought it was weird how the first 8 were males)where these came from) and the second round(which were only a week behind first) were 8 out of 9 female. well if they are monoceious thats what they do balls then pistils. possibly they grow balls by themselves but if put into a tent with males present already may skip right to pistils. all the females were firm not one banana. so now ive got 6 plants for keepers 4 true females. i guess ill have to flip these dragon ones and see what happens. considering ojd found a male in femmed seeds of similar pedigree not too unheard of for gender fluidity in wild type lines. we shall see

Is that not a trait from the viet side as not seen that trait in any Outback Haze ive run

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Sounds interesting either way, keep us updated on how it goes.

The GSC/AG13 Fems also made a male and ive seen a few more freak males from other X's over the years but didn't use them

I had a Thai Nevil x Original Diesel Fem that a Male was found, but started putting out a few pistils half way through flowering so never released the seeds , il go threw them 1 day when i got extra room

Piff_cat

That's interesting. Only heard of the one Swiss strawberry strain "Erdbeer" that @KnosPe says was bred in a Swiss university to be an "industrial ganja strain" - mold resistant and machine harvestable. Clone only but seeds of varying degrees of purity have been available throughout the years. If this is the "Strawberry Fields" and it made it into the hands of a US based home grower so early I would guess it would be from seeds from Green Hornet.
yes green hornet your right! thats what i couldnt pull out of the memory. the cool thing about the swiss strawberry strains they are high in ocimene which is a big component of haze. so make ssense strawberry cough is so great. green hornets thai line crossed to nevils haze in the grail project was supposed to be great. think thats ojds swiss thai nevil lines. he also had that vietnam tourist hemp a feral line with tons of variety bordering between blh and se asian sativa. the swiss have probly done the most actual cannabis breeding and worked on semi dwarf lines reducing stem waste. probly some info in there to be used in drug cannabis too

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just testing out this Original Haze cross i made about 10 years ago. Might make F2s
DigiBerryHaze F1:
Original Haze (Seedsman) x Digital Berry Bx1
i made these as an afterthought when i made the BlueDigiBerry F1s. Thanks again to @dank.frank for the Digiberry male flowers! only 13 seeds, i popped 9....:
DBH.jpg
DBHseedling.jpg

VG :tiphat:

Thread here and more info:

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
Anyone familiar enough with MNS Mango Haze, The doors, Afghan Haze & G13 haze to say if they can be flowered 12/12 (11/13) from seed? Or are the quicker flowering types too WLD/indica in nature on some phenos to become a decent size (2’+)?

Planning to one day do a big grow of haze hybrids I’ve been collecting. Ideally would like to induce flowering at germination and take clones of each in early flower from the meristem. However these would be run along slower flowering haze hybrids also. don’t feel like keeping that many mothers.